Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th May 2016, 23:15   #826
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Thank You! It helps!

We can buy products directly from their website too. https://www.rforrabbit.com/collections/

OK cool glad I could. I know about buying directly from the website but IMHO more often than not the rates are always at MRP there, whereas Amazon /firstcry do generally give a better deal in addition to free shipping.
Old 14th May 2016, 06:21   #827
Senior - BHPian

Re: "Child Seat" for Babies & Kids

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinitbhavi View Post
I know about buying directly from the website but IMHO more often than not the rates are always at MRP there, whereas Amazon /firstcry do generally give a better deal in addition to free shipping.
They do have a discount coupon for 10% which makes it a slightly better deal than Amazon. And you can club that with Cash on delivery too.
Old 14th May 2016, 09:05   #828
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
They do have a discount coupon for 10% which makes it a slightly better deal than Amazon. And you can club that with Cash on delivery too.
OH really had no idea about that, great if they give such a good deal. Did you mean this particular site because most I've seen are at a higher price. Do let me know which one you go in for and share the link. Will go in for the same one as well for my second car seat.
Old 14th May 2016, 12:12   #829
Senior - BHPian

Does the Accord have isofix or other way to secure a child safety seat in the rear?

Also which are the best budget models of car safety seats available? Any place in Mumbai we could check them out?

My one year daughter loves to fiddle with the gear shifter or the door opening handle, and I think using a child safety seat will be a good idea not only for her safety but also ours!
Old 14th May 2016, 16:26   #830
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
My one year daughter loves to fiddle with the gear shifter or the door opening handle, and I think using a child safety seat will be a good idea not only for her safety but also ours!
Definitely a good idea! Get a good child seat and fix it on the rear seat; starting early is the best, she will get used to it in no time.
Old 15th May 2016, 22:07   #831
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shetty_rohan View Post
Discount ends today :-). But, Firstcry seems to be having this kind of discount once in a month.

Nextfit is much better designed product. Look at amazon.com, there are around 622 customer reviews(http://www.amazon.com/Chicco-NextFit...ustomerReviews).Eletta is not even listed.
Hi, I really wanted to buy chicco nextfit, but budget constraints are there for me and was confused. Flipkart is selling chicco eletta for 13500, but NO delivery in Bangalore. I have to go to Delhi next week for official purpose and they have delivery in Delhi. So I booked it. 90% of the use will be for a small 3 km drive, for dropping her to daycare and back.
Old 15th May 2016, 22:56   #832
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrol_power View Post
Hi, I really wanted to buy chicco nextfit, but budget constraints are there for me and was confused. Flipkart is selling chicco eletta for 13500, but NO delivery in Bangalore. I have to go to Delhi next week for official purpose and they have delivery in Delhi. So I booked it.
You could also check in http://www.shopbychoice.com/search/r...-chicco-eletta, these guys deliver only in Delhi.
shetty_rohan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2016, 15:46   #833
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrol_power View Post
Hi, I really wanted to buy chicco nextfit, but budget constraints are there for me and was confused. Flipkart is selling chicco eletta for 13500, but NO delivery in Bangalore. I have to go to Delhi next week for official purpose and they have delivery in Delhi. So I booked it. 90% of the use will be for a small 3 km drive, for dropping her to daycare and back.
Chicco eletta brand new one is very good at a price of 13500 and you won't regret it for your usage scenario.

Regards,
Sateesh

Last edited by ssateesh : 16th May 2016 at 15:52.
ssateesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2016, 11:52   #834
BHPian

Hi guys,
My son is turning 2 year old and i wanted to get a car seat which we can use till he reaches 5 or more.

In most of the cases travel is 4-5KM within city traffic from house to market or malls. Once every 5-6 months there will be ~200KM drive on highway but not more than that.

Right now i am really confused between
Chicco Group 123: Cost around 16K and as per people i checked with it can be used till 10 year of age. Being able to use it for next 8 year is whats good about this. Is it true and practical to use it till kid is 10 years?

Chicco Eletta: Cost around 13K and one of the good option from Chicoo. Can be used till child is 4 years as per some website so i would only be able to use it for 2 years.

Jack N Jill - Baby Car Seat - Convertible Car Seat from R for Rabbit
Have very good review on amazon and cost is 5.5K which makes it good VFM product as well. Can be used till child is 5 years old.
http://www.amazon.in/Jack-Jill-Baby-...4071646&sr=1-4

R FOR RABBIT - JUMPING JACK - CAR SEAT FOR GROUP 1 2 AND 3
Another product which can be used till 12 years of age and have good reviews.
http://www.amazon.in/Jumping-Jack-Gr...4071646&sr=1-6

I am confused because i don't know spending 16K on Chicoo is worth it or not or the price is only high because of brand? On the other hand "Jack N Jill" price is good but i am not sure if there is too much compromise on quality.

Can people who have used it comment on it? Thanks

Last edited by karansm4u : 24th May 2016 at 12:04.
Old 24th May 2016, 12:00   #835
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karansm4u View Post
Chicco Group 123: Cost around 16K and as per people i checked with it can be used till 10 year of age. Being able to use it for next 8 year is whats good about this. Is it true and practical to use it till kid is 10 years?
Chicco Group 123 can be used till the child is less than or equal to 36 kg, not 10 years old.

16k is just the MRP on various websites. More often than not, you should be able to get it between 14 - 14.5k - maybe lesser if there are additional discounts.

I have been using it for my 2.5 year old daughter for the past 6 months, and am quite happy with it.
Old 24th May 2016, 12:03   #836
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karansm4u View Post
Hi guys,
My son is turning 2 year old and i wanted to get a car seat which we can use till he reaches 5 or more.

I am confused because i don't know spending 16K on Chicoo is worth it or not or the price is only high because of brand? On the other hand "Jack N Jill" price is good but i am not sure if there is too much compromise on quality.

Can people who have used it comment on it? Thanks
I am using the Group 123 for the past one year and have been satisfied with it. The main disadvantage is that it does not recline much so there is a chance that the child bends over when they sleep. This is something my wife keeps watch over. I took this seat as this was one of the few which can be used till the baby outgrows the need for the car seat. My daughter is 4.5 yrs now
Old 24th May 2016, 12:35   #837
Senior - BHPian

I hope the one's sold in India have some sort of testing and certification. its a child's safety we are dealing with. I picked up a Norwegian Brand - BeSafe for my new born only coz it met Scandinavian safety stds.

It's sad to hear many say they don't really need one. An impact of any kind can leave permanent damage on a child if still alive. I quote a fellow countryman who said ''wife will hold the baby in the backseat...after all, nothing can care better than a mother''.
Old 24th May 2016, 13:17   #838
Senior - BHPian

A non-technical question. My daughter is now 2.5 years old, and we tried to now make her sit front facing in the baby seat. But she now finds it very uncomfortable. When she was younger, and the seat was placed back facing she used to really enjoy the seating in the baby seat. Yes, at that time she was more often sleeping. We tried to "convince" her by saying that she can look outside (of the window) when sitting in the baby seat etc. Have any one faced a similar situation and over-came it? Any ideas to share?
Old 24th May 2016, 13:50   #839
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinpk View Post
A non-technical question. My daughter is now 2.5 years old, and we tried to now make her sit front facing in the baby seat. But she now finds it very uncomfortable. When she was younger, and the seat was placed back facing she used to really enjoy the seating in the baby seat. Yes, at that time she was more often sleeping. We tried to "convince" her by saying that she can look outside (of the window) when sitting in the baby seat etc. Have any one faced a similar situation and over-came it? Any ideas to share?
Why is she feeling uncomfortable? Is the car seat buckle/belt strapped too tight? The thumb rule which I follow is you should be able to insert your 2 fingers in the gap between the belt and the child. Or is it something else? Are her legs touching the front seat?
Old 24th May 2016, 14:01   #840
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvind71181 View Post
Why is she feeling uncomfortable? Is the car seat buckle/belt strapped too tight? The thumb rule which I follow is you should be able to insert your 2 fingers in the gap between the belt and the child. Or is it something else? Are her legs touching the front seat?
I think it is seating position which is causing discomfort. She feels like she is sitting inside a pit. The seat belts are never too tight. But I guess it is the over-all seating position which is kind of causing discomfort. When facing rear wards, we also used to put a padding under the seat so that the incline of the seat is more backwards. And she was mostly sleeping at that time, so that position of the chair made it more comfortable (i.e she is more reclining, which makes sleeping more easy).
That reminds me: I need to check how I had placed the base of the seat. Did I leave it the same way which I used to when the seat was placed back facing?

Last edited by sachinpk : 24th May 2016 at 14:02.
sachinpk is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks