Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th July 2016, 17:52   #856
BHPian

Re: "Child Seat" for Babies & Kids

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyush6 View Post
Looks really good. One thing I did notice - When installing it rear facing, aren't you supposed to recline it fully and then fit it?
If you see side pictures of car-seat they have provided bubble level indicator to show allowed recline position for rear facing and forward facing. Issue with rear facing position is that, thing you need to press in order to recline car-seat is not reachable, as baby car-seat fits tightly on cars's seat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinpk View Post
What is the re-sale value of Baby Car seats? Do people buy pre-used Baby car seats?
There is store called Precared, they sell pre-owned stuff you can check value of different car-seats there. Don't know if people buy pre-owned car-seat but few point:
  • Every car-seat has expiry date, it varies from 6 to 10 years based on type or manufacturer.
  • Car-seats should not be used again if its involved in any car accident.
  • Pre-owned car-seat is better than no car-seat as long as you check above points and buy from trusted source.
browneyes is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2016, 11:12   #857

It would be helpful if someone could provide a proper feedback about 'Chicco Gro up 123'. My daughter is 11 month old and I have a small car seat currently but she has outgrown it and it is not of a very good quality.
It is on a expensive side but her safety matters the most and I don't have to worry for about changing the seat till she is 12.
One disadvantage is that it is only front facing and other one I read is that doesn't recline much and could uncomfortable for long drives hence it would be very helpful if bhpians who have been using it for their little one's can provide more review's.
Old 3rd August 2016, 11:48   #858
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by schakra View Post
It would be helpful if someone could provide a proper feedback about 'Chicco Gro up 123'. My daughter is 11 month old and I have a small car seat currently but she has outgrown it and it is not of a very good quality.
It is on a expensive side but her safety matters the most and I don't have to worry for about changing the seat till she is 12.
One disadvantage is that it is only front facing and other one I read is that doesn't recline much and could uncomfortable for long drives hence it would be very helpful if bhpians who have been using it for their little one's can provide more review's.
I have been using the car seat for around 1.5 years now. It is a good car seat, but you have pointed out the limitation as well. If the child sleeps, then you will need to keep watch and tilt her head backwards as my daughters head tilts forward too much sometimes. For a 11 month old kid, the drooping might be a bit more I think. There is some recline which is possible, not enough though.

Quality wise it is good, no complaints and will easily last the lifetime of its use
arvind71181 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2016, 18:04   #859
Distinguished - BHPian

Sorry if this a bad question. I am planning to do a road trip this weekend with family. My wife and me with 2 kids aged 4 and 1. THis is my first road trip after the birth of my son. I have 2 car seats for my kids. If I install both car seats at the back, its a little tight for my wife to seat next to them. And if she sits in the front, I don't think that situation will last for too long . So I was wondering whether I can install one car seat on the front passenger seat for my 4 year old daughter and push the seat all the way back. She is about 3ft 6 inches tall and her car seat is like this.

"Child Seat" for Babies & Kids-1783008_3cbf56.jpg

Can I put some padding underneath the seat to boost the height up? Or is it a really bad idea?

Car in question is a BMW X3 and the front seat travel is really huge. So all the way back is quite a far way back.
Old 22nd August 2016, 18:18   #860
Senior - BHPian

For the front seat, you will have to disable the airbag if you plan to put the child seat there.

Please check the owner's manual to see if it would be ok to fit the seat facing front where airbag deployment may not be a worry.
Old 23rd August 2016, 00:01   #861
BHPian

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone know if I can purchase clek foonf in India. I have seen it on amazon india but i was wondering if i can physically see it in store somewhere in NCR before buying it. Another reason for not buying from amazon is that it doesn't offer COD on this seat and I am skeptical of using CC on the site.

We have the same seat in Canada and it is by far the best car seat we have seen.

Thanks,
Manu Chawla
Old 10th October 2016, 12:30   #862
BHPian

Hello,

Has anyone used the Britax Romer Evolva Plus combination car seat ? I couldn't find any reviews here, and I don't think it is available in India.

I found great reviews on amazon UK site, and was planning to get one from there.

Has anyone used it in India ?

My daughter is 13 months old; we have been using a rear-facing one which she is outgrowing slowly. We have a Ford Fiesta (old model).

What are my options in the range of 10 - 15K which will last for a few years ?

Last edited by singleton : 10th October 2016 at 12:40.
Old 31st December 2016, 19:52   #863
Senior - BHPian

Guys I am planning to buy a car seat for 2 month old daughter. Don't know where to start looking.

Can someone recommend some good options.

Thanks in advance

Is this one good?

http://www.firstcry.com/m/mum-s-carr...SIgaAiH-8P8HAQ
I really don't know where to look hence the query.

Last edited by Eddy : 31st December 2016 at 20:58.
Old 31st December 2016, 23:50   #864
Senior - BHPian

I have a Baby Trend seat which was given to me by a friend. It is not the Isofix type (at least I think so). So planning to install it in the Celerio (the one in the official review). My query is regarding an Isofix seat that I want to buy. I have seen that Britax has good reviews but is pricey. Any other options. Obviously looking for something cheaper but if that means compromising safety I don't mind spending extra. The BMW seat sold as an accessory costs 75K which is too much.
Old 5th January 2017, 17:59   #865
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santoshbhat View Post
I have 2 car seats for my kids.
Quote:
Car in question is a BMW X3 and the front seat travel is really huge. So all the way back is quite a far way back.
Are the seats Isofix? If yes what brand and model?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrolourenco View Post
My query is regarding an Isofix seat that I want to buy. I have seen that Britax has good reviews but is pricey. Any other options.
Any suggestions? Car is a BMW X1.
Old 5th January 2017, 19:13   #866
Senior - BHPian

I just bought a R for Rabbit Car seat. It is both rear and forward facing and can be used till age 5/weight 18kgs.

Cushion is nice and looks durable. It has nice support around neck.
Bought it from Firstcry for Rs5200.
Old 8th January 2017, 14:15   #867
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Apologies for late reply. No the seats are regular car seats. These were bought before the car, so did not bother with isofix type at the time. But both can be fixed by using seat belts albeit with a little extra effort (for the infant one)

One seat I have is for an infant and can be used upto 3 yrs. The other one is for kids aged 4 yrs to 8 yrs. This is more like a booster seat with a detatchable backrest where the child has to sit on the seat and wear the seat belt like an adult. The infant one is fixed with the help of the seat belt and comes with its own 4 point belt with a warning chime if the kid manages to remove the belt. Not that its really possible for the child to do so easily.
Santoshbhat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2017, 21:38   #868
BHPian

Quote:

I have bought Chicco Nextfit Convertible car seat for around Rs 23,000 couple of months back, and my daughter enjoys sitting in it. It has isofix. This is designed for rear facing use from 2.2-18kg and forward facing 10-30kg. Basically, just one car seat could be used from infant to 30kg baby.

I guess among Chicco baby seats this seems to be one of the best available car seat.
shetty_rohan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th January 2017, 22:36   #869
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shetty_rohan View Post
I have bought Chicco Nextfit Convertible car seat for around Rs 23,000 couple of months back, and my daughter enjoys sitting in it. It has isofix. This is designed for rear facing use from 2.2-18kg and forward facing 10-30kg. Basically, just one car seat could be used from infant to 30kg baby.

I guess among Chicco baby seats this seems to be one of the best available car seat.
Is this the model?

http://www.amazon.in/ChiccoNextfit-C...xtfit+car+seat

The price is Rs.27990/-
Old 8th January 2017, 22:39   #870
BHPian

Quote:
Is this the model?

http://www.amazon.in/ChiccoNextfit-C...xtfit+car+seat

The price is Rs.27990/-
Yes, it is.
I had bought through firstcry.com, and got a good discount by using a coupon.
shetty_rohan is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks