Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 28th April 2017, 14:16   #886
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the links. Shall check it out in detail and decide if it warrants a change of seats. As for the recall this one was manufactured after 2016.
Old 1st May 2017, 14:18   #887
Senior - BHPian

Re: "Child Seat" for Babies & Kids

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryputtar View Post
I would recommend Britax Eclipse for the 2.5 old, should work till he is 4-4.5 years of age, before you have to move to a booster seat. Rear facing for a 2.5 year old sounds plain wrong.
Where did you buy the Britax Eclipse? The seat I was referring was this. I was interested in one seat that lasts the entire car seat period of my younger one.

In Sweden, many use rear facing till kids are 4 years. Here is a link for the same.

Last edited by narayans80 : 1st May 2017 at 14:23.
Old 16th May 2017, 12:45   #888
Senior - BHPian

I'm considering buying a baby car seat through a friend in the US. I would also like it to double up as a baby carrier so we can unclick the seat off and carry when the baby is sleeping.
I have an xcent and so only can use my usual 3 point seat belt for the car seat.
Will a Graco snugride with included base be installable and usable in my car.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00PTL0PMS/

I am keen on having it as a click and unclick system so that I don't have to keep removing the seat belt or taking our baby out of the seat.
Old 16th May 2017, 13:22   #889
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjiRoss View Post
I have an xcent and so only can use my usual 3 point seat belt for the car seat.
Will a Graco snugride with included base be installable and usable in my car.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00PTL0PMS/

I am keen on having it as a click and unclick system so that I don't have to keep removing the seat belt or taking our baby out of the seat.
Looks good and in my experience, car seats world-wide are compatible with seat-belts.
But i see that for this model, there is no option for variable recline positions nor any baby support. Check out the one model above https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00PTL0CCQ?ref=emc_b_5_t&th=1

or try even firstcry.com or amazon for Britax, Graco or mothercare brands as if some warranty or replacement issues, you"ll have trouble sending it back.

~Cheers
Arunshek is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2017, 11:03   #890
BHPian

Finally got the Graco Milestone (Aluminium Body) from the UK through a friend. This is a non-ISO mount model as my car does not have ISO mount.

Posting photos before fixing. Will try to post more after fixing in the car.
Attached Thumbnails
"Child Seat" for Babies & Kids-01.jpeg  

"Child Seat" for Babies & Kids-03.jpeg  

"Child Seat" for Babies & Kids-04.jpeg  

"Child Seat" for Babies & Kids-05.jpeg  

Old 2nd June 2017, 19:01   #891

This article showed up in my feed and I wanted to share with the community. Incredibly brave of the mother to share her story:

http://www.scarymommy.com/mother-sha...r-seat-safety/

Key takeaways from the article:

Quote:
Car seat safety is not a “parenting choice,” it’s a matter of physics and facts
Quote:
cautions not to “graduate” them into a booster if you don’t need to (did you know there are 5-point harness car seats that go up to 90 pounds?). “If your child still fits into a 5-point harness car seat, leave him there
Isnescrpy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2017, 08:03   #892
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by teemus View Post
I am also looking for replacing my daughter's child seat with something better than what she currently has.

I have shortlisted some from amazon

1. Evenflo Maestro
2. Evenflo Chase
3. Britax Roundabout
4. Graco Nautilus

I have heard about Britax and Graco but not so much about Evenflo. But considering the prices, Evenflo looks like a sweet deal.
Which one did you buy and how is it?

I was looking for Chicco Nextfit Mystique but currently unavailable in Amazon, Firstcry and Flipkart

CHICCO NEXTFIT

I cam across Evenflo Momentum DLX as an alternate, had anyone got this or any other Evenflo baby seat, if yes please share your suggestions.

EVENFLO MOMENTUM

Cheers!
Old 16th June 2017, 08:28   #893
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by treadmark View Post

I cam across Evenflo Momentum DLX as an alternate, had anyone got this or any other Evenflo baby seat, if yes please share your suggestions.
]

Cheers!
I have an evenflo convertible seat usablefor infants upto booster age. Very good quality and extremely comfortable.

However due to its size fitting rearfacing in smaller vehicles or vehicles with cramped rear seats like Tacoma is bit of a challenge unless you're fitting in the center.

But the extra padding makes it very comfortable.

Front facing it goes fine even in small hatches
tsk1979 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th June 2017, 13:48   #894
BHPian

Got Chicco NEXTFIT mystique for my daughter this Saturday from Chicco exclusive shop in Indiranagar Bangalore.
Made a mistake of buying an infant seat (Farlin) while she was at 3 months. Instead I should have made a wise investment on Nextfit then since this is the only car seat she needs.
Attached Thumbnails
"Child Seat" for Babies & Kids-nextfit-mystique.jpg  

treadmark is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2017, 15:24   #895
BANNED

Quote:
Which one did you buy and how is it?

EVENFLO MOMENTUM

Cheers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
I have an evenflo convertible seat usablefor infants upto booster age. Very good quality and extremely comfortable.

However due to its size fitting rearfacing in smaller vehicles or vehicles with cramped rear seats like Tacoma is bit of a challenge unless you're fitting in the center.

But the extra padding makes it very comfortable.

Front facing it goes fine even in small hatches
Using evenflo for last 2 years in my hatch. Quality is pretty good. I would term it as VFM.
PetrolRider is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th June 2017, 00:17   #896
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Got Chicco NEXTFIT mystique for my daughter this Saturday from Chicco exclusive shop in Indiranagar Bangalore.
Made a mistake of buying an infant seat (Farlin) while she was at 3 months. Instead I should have made a wise investment on Nextfit then since this is the only car seat she needs.
I would differ on this. Even though I got an all in one when my daughter was 1 year old, I still think buying an infant seat is a good idea because infant seats often double up as carry cots.
This means you can use them in the house, and by having the baby spend more time in a seat at home, you can condition them to be car seat friendly.

Due to various seating positions possible in infant carrycot/seats, they serve the purpose of feeding chairs, day nappers and transporters too. This you cannot do with a heavy all in one.

Last but not the least, for younger babies, large all in ones totally block outside visibility. In infant seats the view is good and they mostly keep themselves entertained. They also recline better so napping in the car is easier
tsk1979 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th June 2017, 11:49   #897
Senior - BHPian

Still hunting, I've found a good maxicosi car seat with easy fix base for new borns.
Will have a look at it this week.
Has anyone, especially from Europe, have any experience with Maxi Cosi.

Also since I will be installing the base alone (either this or Graco snugride or flex loc), I was considering the middle seat in the rear. This is a safe position, but I only have lap belt in the middle seat in the rear.
With a car seat with a clip on base, this is possible as the base has its own securing mechanism, but I'm not sure if it is less safe than the side three point seat belt.
Old 30th June 2017, 15:35   #898
Senior - BHPian

Looking for suggestions for a Child seat for my 10 month old son to be fitted in an X1. Goes without saying that it has to be isofix. I tried searching this thread but X1 is too short for the search function to work. The BMW dealer has a seat but at Rs.75K, it's way too expensive.
Old 1st July 2017, 08:57   #899
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrolourenco View Post
Looking for suggestions for a Child seat for my 10 month old son to be fitted in an X1. Goes without saying that it has to be isofix. I tried searching this thread but X1 is too short for the search function to work. The BMW dealer has a seat but at Rs.75K, it's way too expensive.
Have you tried looking at the Gracos, Maxi Cosis and Chiccos? Most of them have the isofix option. They are overpriced here in India, but better than the cheaper Indian ones and much cheaper than what your BMW dealer has quoted.
Old 1st July 2017, 09:17   #900
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjiRoss View Post
Have you tried looking at the Gracos, Maxi Cosis and Chiccos? Most of them have the isofix option. They are overpriced here in India, but better than the cheaper Indian ones and much cheaper than what your BMW dealer has quoted.
I had seen some Gracos and Chiccos in the US. Problem was I could not carry it with me as I was on board a ship. My only option is to buy it in India.

Most Viewed