Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd October 2018, 11:18   #1036
Senior - BHPian

Re: "Child Seat" for Babies & Kids

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavi View Post
In short, could you please share a crisp review of the child seat you bought.
Got the product delivered by Flipkart yesterday.

Issue1: Got red instead of the black that was ordered
Issue2: No carton box. Just bubble wrapped outside the chicco plastic cover on the seat.

Wife hated the red at first but i was hesitant to send it back and wait for another 2-3 weeks for FK to send me a black one, and the bubble wraps were nicely done so no damages to the seat.

Went ahead and fixed it in her Brio. Simple enough to install, and compared to the britax b35 this thing is huge. Like an aftermarket seat

Once in the car, my wife thankfully liked the red and then came the final test. Our little boy had to like and accept the change in his throne. Oh what a game of thrones it was :P

Initially he hated it and started bawling but after just 5 minutes he was like hey wait a minute, i can see more sitting like this and i can move my legs better! He was all smiles then.

And since this seat can be used till he is old enough to sit directly on the car seat it was money well spent.

Shall add some pics soon.
deathwalkr is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th November 2018, 21:57   #1037
BHPian

I am looking to buy a car seat for my 7 months old daughter. How are these luvlap, R for Rabbit, Babyhug brands? I am looking for one which will be usable at least for next 2 years within a budget upto Rs 7k.

Appreciate any suggestion on this.
Old 18th November 2018, 23:48   #1038
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverickmano View Post
I am looking to buy a car seat for my 7 months old daughter. How are these luvlap, R for Rabbit, Babyhug brands? I am looking for one which will be usable at least for next 2 years within a budget upto Rs 7k.

Appreciate any suggestion on this.
I am not sure of these brands. But my advice would be don't look at budget with regards to child safety. There are few all in one seats which we can use till the baby gets 5 years old or certain height. It will work as rear facing for initial two years for new born, then forward facing. Then we can remove the back support and use it as booster seat.
hema4saran is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2018, 15:40   #1039
BHPian

A portable child booster seat for 4+ years and above is being used in Singapore. I found it by chance when taking a call taxi. It is called mifold. The USP is it's so portable that it can be easily used in taxis, car pools, etc. wherever the child goes instead of limiting to a family car. Moreover, the device seems to meet international safety regulations. Here is a link to the site https://www.mifold.com/

I do plan to buy for my kids. And, it seems they are available on Amazon in India.

Disclaimer: I am in no way connected to mifold. This is just an FYI post. Shop at your own risk if you intend to purchase one
Old 28th December 2018, 10:05   #1040
BHPian

Just bought the Chicco Nextfit for my princess. Though it was well over my budget but thought it would be a good investment as it could be used for 4-5 years. Have not used it yet but looks pretty sturdy. Have mounted it on my Nexon and it surely takes a lot of space. Buyers should be aware of the size as i was not expecting it to occupy this much space. Anyways, 2 people can still sit behind in tight comfort, should not be an issue for city rides.
tarik.arora is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2018, 12:21   #1041
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
Bought the following from Amazon for about Rs. 2400

Luvlap Infant Baby Car Seat Cum Carry Cot and Rocker with Canopy (https://www.amazon.in/dp/B015N4X3F6/...ing=UTF8&psc=1)

Took my kid out in the same when she was of 13 days for her first doctor checkup.
No complaints from her as she slept the 45 mins drive to the hospital, with her mom by her side.
Well time flies, and my kid was no longer comfortable in her group 0+ car seat.
Researched a bit and bought the Luvlap premier baby car seat (https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B01...?ie=UTF8&psc=1) for Rs 4888 from Amazon.

As this is a multi use seat for group 1+2+3 (weight range 9-36 kg), it should suffice till the time my kid is old enough to occupy a seat without use of a child / booster seat.
blackasta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2019, 12:11   #1042
BHPian

I'm getting a Nexon XZ+ (D) next week. Was searching for child seat for quite sometime now, none of the major outlets in Chennai stock ISOFIX child seats. I was wanting to look/feel the seat before purchase hence did not consider online options till now. The official Tata accessory is costing 50k! hence not an option. Can someone suggest good ISOFIX options at 10-20k from reputed brands. My kid is a little over 2years now.
Old 6th January 2019, 12:37   #1043
Senior - BHPian

My son is outgrowing his current child seat which is rated for around 18 kgs. I got a booster seat that he can sit on and use the regular seat belt. However, when we travel at night he usually dozes off and then the seat offers very little support for his head. I his around 6 years old now and is quite tall for his age with a few centimeters from being able to sit without the seat belt chaffing his neck. The booster seat sorts out the height problem but offers no support for the neck or head when he sleeps.

What is generally done to sort out this issue other than buy a child seat of bigger capacity?

Drive on,
Shibu.
Old 6th January 2019, 12:50   #1044
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibujp View Post
I his around 6 years old now and is quite tall for his age with a few centimeters from being able to sit without the seat belt chaffing his neck. The booster seat sorts out the height problem but offers no support for the neck or head when he sleeps.

What is generally done to sort out this issue other than buy a child seat of bigger capacity?

Drive on,
Shibu.
I have got a Samsonite neck pillow made of memory foam. I have my 6 year old put it around the neck when he is sleepy.
suku_patel_22 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2019, 18:43   #1045
Senior - BHPian

Hi, I have 2 car seats, one a backless booster seat for my dad's car when he ferries my daughter and the other a normal 3-in-1 Chicco car seat which is in my car. The back less booster was bought recently to replace another seat and when my daughter sits in this seat and dozes off, she tends to slump fowards or sideways. While I read that this is not really dangerous, is there any way this can be prevented? Any ideas will be helpful, thank you

Edit: Neck pillows dont seem to help her much as she somehow manages to do that even with them. And she is not a fan of them as well
Old 16th January 2019, 08:40   #1046
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by knaveen View Post
I'm getting a Nexon XZ+ (D) next week. Was searching for child seat for quite sometime now, none of the major outlets in Chennai stock ISOFIX child seats. I was wanting to look/feel the seat before purchase hence did not consider online options till now. The official Tata accessory is costing 50k! hence not an option. Can someone suggest good ISOFIX options at 10-20k from reputed brands. My kid is a little over 2years now.
I just bought the Chicco nextfit for my 7 month old daughter. Unfortunately, there are very limited options when it comes to ISOFIX seats. The Nextfit is priced at 32k with a 10% discount. I was able to get it for 27k after a hard bargain at Chicco store in Delhi.

If someone from your family or friends is travelling to/from abroad, you can seek their help. You will be able to save a cool 10k on the Nextfit. For me it was not an option because nobody in my circle was travelling. You can go to a nearby Chicco store to have a touch and feel of the seat.

If you are open to non-ISOFIX seat, options are plenty.
tarik.arora is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2019, 09:55   #1047
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibujp View Post
The booster seat sorts out the height problem but offers no support for the neck or head when he sleeps.
Am guessing your earlier seat was a 5-point harness and you didn't face it before. Have you tried using the old seat, but instead of the 5-point harness, use the normal seat belt to restrain. Try this if the neck pillow alternative doesn't work.

Quote:
The official Tata accessory is costing 50k! hence not an option. <snip>My kid is a little over 2years now.
Since your kid is 2, I'd suggest you to be open with the budget and look for a 3-in-1 convertible seat. It'll cost you around 30K, but will be an one-time buy till your kid completely grows out of child seats.

Your data points should be the user reviews on the model.

I chose Diono Radian RXT at that time (June 2017), costed 36K with import duties and shipping put together.
Old 16th January 2019, 10:48   #1048
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
I chose Diono Radian RXT at that time (June 2017), costed 36K with import duties and shipping put together.
Whoa.
That is expensive. It would be better to get a 3 in 1 costing 70$ from Amazon USA. Even with shipping and duties it would not cross 200$ for a good quality seat from Evenflo etc.,
Old 16th January 2019, 11:20   #1049
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
That is expensive.
Yes it is. These are the actual numbers:

Item(s) Subtotal: 20,063.03
Shipping: 6,757.17
Total: 26,820.20
Import Fees Deposit: 11,156.09
Grand Total: 37,976.29

The original Amazon.com price was 149 USD.
Old 16th January 2019, 11:56   #1050
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I got a Britax Evolva 123 for my son, started using it late after he turned 2 and he adjusted to it quickly and prefers to use it over long journeys. Would recommend you to have a look at this. Got it from Firstcry for around 20kish with coupons

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks