Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2022, 08:41   #1306
Senior - BHPian

Re: "Child Seat" for Babies & Kids

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
We are finding it difficult to strap the baby into the rear seating position from the door, we invariably go via the seat and then strap the baby into the seat.
Is it because you have a passage parking where you have to park to the left end?

I have the same car (facelifted version), but have space outside to the left to strap the infant to the car seat. In places where I don't, I move the car ahead or behind (where possible) or strap from inside.

I have the car seat on the rear passenger side like BoneCollector. If you need, I can post pictures of my setup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rationalist View Post
I have used the middle row for securing car seats for around 7 years using lap belts. Mine is Chicco Nextfit
I have the current version of Chicco Nextfit. However there is lot of lateral movement when strapped from middle lap belt. Besides there are no ISOFIX mounts on the rear-center in my car (or any modern car for that matter).
narayans80 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th September 2022, 20:56   #1307
Senior - BHPian

It is kind of like passage parking, but the I have to park with wall/another car closer to the driver's side. So passenger side is available. Now, when I park, I have no access to either of the back doors since, one side has the child seat and the other side has limited door opening space.

I am using r for rabbit exotic

"Child Seat" for Babies & Kids-20220906_120842.jpg

This car seat does not recommend using a lap belt alone.
Attached Thumbnails
"Child Seat" for Babies & Kids-20220906_120858.jpg  

"Child Seat" for Babies & Kids-20220906_120930.jpg  

Last edited by govigov : 6th September 2022 at 20:58.
Old 9th September 2022, 10:02   #1308
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It is kind of like passage parking
I now understand why. The problem you are facing is the 3-point seat belt is wrapping around the seat to secure the seat. There is no way you'd be able to load the infant in a sane angle.

The only way is to unhook the 3-point seatbelt from that hook. Secure the kid in the 5-point seatbelt inside the car seat and then re-hook the 3-point seat belt back.

I don't face it because the 3-point seat belt goes below in my case as opposed to a wrap around in your case. I've attached a picture of how my rear seat looks.
Attached Thumbnails
"Child Seat" for Babies & Kids-img_2006.jpg  

Old 9th September 2022, 13:46   #1309
BHPian

Quote:
Can you share your experience on the seat's usability, strength, durability, etc.?
Seats from R for Rabbit, Luvlvap, Babyhug, etc. have a reputation of being flimsy as they are blow moulded and not injection moulded like the larger global brands such as Britax, Chicco, Graco, etc. The blow moulded seats are also much lighter and with a soft plastic cover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
I have the current version of Chicco Nextfit.
I have also noticed that the cheaper seats have been certified by countries like Liechtenstein (E11) and the Czech Republic (E8). Maybe that could be a reason for the lower price.
@Narayans80 can you share the certification country for your seat?
Rohan265 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2022, 12:45   #1310
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohan265 View Post
can you share the certification country for your seat?
Where exactly should I find it? There are no stickers anywhere on the seat visibly.
Old 7th October 2022, 19:59   #1311
BHPian

Quote:
I don't face it because the 3-point seat belt goes below in my case as opposed to a wrap around in your case. I've attached a picture of how my rear seat looks.
Hi Narayan, I see you have a Chicco Nextfit. May I know how comfortable it is to place and take the kid out of the car seat? Does the high side walls of the car seat give enough room to place the kid without hitting baby's head on the car b-pillar?
Old 12th October 2022, 10:00   #1312
BHPian

Quote:
Where exactly should I find it? There are no stickers anywhere on the seat visibly.
There should be a badge like this one on the sides or under the seat:

Name:  R44 badge.JPG
Views: 634
Size:  29.9 KB

If not, check if there is a badge that mentions 'R129' or 'i-size'.

P.S: I apologize for the late reply. I overlooked your question somehow.
Rohan265 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2022, 06:03   #1313
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreerknair View Post
Hi Narayan, I see you have a Chicco Nextfit. May I know how comfortable it is to place and take the kid out of the car seat? Does the high side walls of the car seat give enough room to place the kid without hitting baby's head on the car b-pillar?
Let me try to answer this question.

I have a Graco 4ever DLX for my elder kid (3yold) and a Chicco Nextfit for my younger one (1 yold)

Simply put Chicco is far more sturdy, has better cushioning, visibly better put together, much heavier, easier to buckle in ( via isofix) and generally more comfortable for the kid.

Taking in and out is slightly more difficult but not overly so.

However it's a huge car seat and for people sitting next to them the high sides are uncomfortable to sit against.

Due to this I'm selling my nextfit and getting another Graco.

If you have only 1 car seat in the back it's great.
dhruvwali is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th October 2022, 09:37   #1314
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruvwali View Post
If you have only 1 car seat in the back it's great.
Thank you Dhruv, I have ordered a Chicco Nextfit Zip.
sreerknair is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2022, 11:38   #1315

I am using a R for Rabbit seat and my 2.5 year old sweats a lot in that seat. Do we have any ventilated child seat to keep the kid comfortable in long drives. I am anyways planning to upgrade to a better seat having ISOFIX, to be used in my XUV700
Old 27th October 2022, 12:25   #1316
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There should be a badge like this one on the sides or under the seat
These are the stickers under the seat. Make any sense?

"Child Seat" for Babies & Kids-img_2166.jpg

"Child Seat" for Babies & Kids-img_2167.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreerknair View Post
I don't have any trouble placing the child. Baby's head does not hit the B-pillar.

The Nextfit has the best padding. I initially went to pick the Unico Plus from the Bangalore Indira Nagar store and switched to the Nextfit after seeing it in person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dev_GT View Post
I am using a R for Rabbit seat and my 2.5 year old sweats a lot in that seat. Do we have any ventilated child seat to keep the kid comfortable in long drives. I am anyways planning to upgrade to a better seat having ISOFIX, to be used in my XUV700
I have not seen any sweating problem in general, and there are no ventilated car seats. ISOFIX is only for kids under 18 kg weight. Pretty sure 2.5 year olds are closer to 15 kg, so you won't significant use for ISOFIX. Instead get a good booster once your kid grows past 5-point harness. Good combo seats are expensive, worth investing if you are using from birth.
Old 2nd November 2022, 12:28   #1317
BHPian

Quote:
These are the stickers under the seat. Make any sense?
Neither of those stickers looks like a certification badge. Maybe Chicco mentions the badge somewhere else, like the box or user manual.

Thanks for sharing the details and images.
Old 2nd November 2022, 14:13   #1318
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunikkat View Post
I have the Britax booster seat for Octavia and with that seating 2 adults is possible, but they will not be very comfortable on long drives.
Hi - Can you please provide any reference like model number, price for Britax booster seat that you are using? Is it suitable for 7 year old?
Old 2nd November 2022, 15:21   #1319
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thanixravindran View Post
Hi - Can you please provide any reference like model number, price for Britax booster seat that you are using? Is it suitable for 7 year old?
This is the product, I got it from Amazon. When I bought last year it was around 19k after some discount. Now it looks very expensive.

https://www.amazon.in/dp/B07XSC4284/?tag=tbhp0e-21
sunikkat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2022, 16:42   #1320
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thanixravindran View Post
suitable for 7 year old?
You can try this Joie Elevate. Mothercare deals with Joie products, so you call up their stores to see if they have in stock. This way you can get a look and feel. Another option is this Graco Junior.

Given the age, your kiddo has grown for 5-point harness and just needs something for height.

Quote:
Neither of those stickers looks like a certification badge.
Thought so. I got rid of the box at the store itself. The damn thing is big as-is, don't want it to occupy space at home.
narayans80 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed