Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd December 2022, 14:38   #1336
BHPian

Re: "Child Seat" for Babies & Kids

Quote:
Originally Posted by samyakmodi View Post
We ended up buying R for Rabbit ISOFIX baby car seat and are quite happy with it. It is a bit bulky and takes up slightly more room than what he had wanted - but it's not that bad.
Over all built quality is excellent and we believe it is reasonably priced. (bought it for about 18k last year and now their site is selling it for about 12k)
Strongly recommend everyone to have a look at it.
I am in the exact same boat, but still undecided :-(.
May i ask - did you do any comparison with the LuvLap 'active' ISOFIX seats that are almost identical in price, but slightly heavier & apparently narrower? Any reason for choosing R4Rabbit 'Grand' over the LuvLap ?
Old 23rd December 2022, 14:42   #1337
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzt View Post
I am in the exact same boat, but still undecided :-(.
May i ask - did you do any comparison with the LuvLap 'active' ISOFIX seats that are almost identical in price, but slightly heavier & apparently narrower? Any reason for choosing R4Rabbit 'Grand' over the LuvLap ?
To be honest I could not find any store in Indore which even had an ISOFIX car seat with them. There was only one - and they had R for Rabbit. Needed a store so that they can physically show me how to install it correctly along with all the features.
The store I visited (after about 6-7 failed attempts) had this and the staff seemed quiet confident about this brand (I hadn't heard of it until recently) - so I ended up buying this
samyakmodi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2022, 20:01   #1338
BHPian

Hi All,

I need to use a car seat in a first generation XUV 500 (2013 model). I have purchased a Graco 4ever dlx which is a isofix model. I knew this car did not have a isofix point however I did not anticpate that there will be no top tethering point.

The Graco manual recommends I use a top tether even when securing the car seat via seatbelt’s ( I will be using it in front facing config). Now I can’t find a tether point.

Please give me your suggestions. Am I missing the top tether point. What options do I have?

Little urgent please. My trip is planned for the morning.
Old 24th December 2022, 23:05   #1339
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiery enzyme View Post
Hi All,

I need to use a car seat in a first generation XUV 500 (2013 model). I have purchased a Graco 4ever dlx which is a isofix model. I knew this car did not have a isofix point however I did not anticpate that there will be no top tethering point.

The Graco manual recommends I use a top tether even when securing the car seat via seatbelt’s ( I will be using it in front facing config). Now I can’t find a tether point.

Please give me your suggestions. Am I missing the top tether point. What options do I have?

Little urgent please. My trip is planned for the morning.
I have the same seat and use with seat belt only (3 point) in i20. There is no top tether in i20 but you can fix the seat securely using the seat belt only. Be sure to watch the video guides. They are very helpful for installation and also removal of covers for cleaning.

The seat belt (after fixing the seat by pulling on it tightly) should be clamped using the red clamp behind the back padding.
Old 22nd January 2023, 23:39   #1340
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by any23 View Post

I got the seat @INR-23k, delivered directly from the Graco India dealer who in turn sells through amazon by different sellers.
Quote:
decided to buy Graco Extend2fit 3in1 car seat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arwin07 View Post

Hence we decided to go with Graco Extend2Fit 3 in 1. It is available for Rs.16000 in offer at present.
Hi Folks, thanks for your post !!

We have completed my research and zeroed down on Extend2Fit 3-in-1. However I am not able to find it anywhere , I have visited multiple stores of firstcry , it seems to be stocked out everywhere.

I could find it one online seller, however the stock they had is from 2019 so I am little skeptical about it plus they quoting it for 26,999.

Could you please share from where you bought or PM me the web link/ contact details.

Thanks in advance .
Old 23rd January 2023, 09:22   #1341
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorhead23 View Post
We have completed my research and zeroed down on Extend2Fit 3-in-1. However I am not able to find it anywhere , I have visited multiple stores of firstcry , it seems to be stocked out everywhere.

May be you can try contacting the authorized dealer of Graco in India, I am sharing the details as retrieved from the Graco website. I contacted this person and he helped me getting one delivered to me the same day.

Quote:
I could find it one online seller, however the stock they had is from 2019 so I am little skeptical about it plus they quoting it for 26,999.
I got a June 2020 manufactured seat @INR23k, I accepted it with a pinch of salt as the product looked fine, I can still use it for 8 years as Graco gives expiry of 10 years for the seats.
It is better to get in touch with the dealer (details as shared) and ask him to first share the manufacturing details etc. and then only make payment.
Attached Thumbnails
"Child Seat" for Babies & Kids-gracoindia.jpg  

any23 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th January 2023, 23:44   #1342
BHPian

Quote:
May be you can try contacting the authorized dealer of Graco in India, I am sharing the details as retrieved from the Graco website. I contacted this person and he helped me getting one delivered to me the same day.
Thank you so much !! I got in touch of the guy, he has stock available from the same batch only of 2020 manufacturing and offering at 24K.

I am yet to finalize it with him, trying to negotiate.
Motorhead23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2023, 10:30   #1343
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you so much !! I got in touch of the guy, he has stock available from the same batch only of 2020 manufacturing and offering at 24K.

I am yet to finalize it with him, trying to negotiate.
Yes, better to negotiate stating the manufacturing date, and if his sub-dealer is based in Gurugram then it will be wiser to visit, negotiate and collect the item by self.

If you are flexible with model of car seat, then Graco 4ever Deluxe can be another option, I believe the manufacturing date for 4ever deluxe will be of recent one as it is not being offered with any major discounts. To get clear picture of all this it is best to visit the dealer godown if he is shipping locally from your location, which was the case with me but I choose got it home delivered.
any23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2023, 11:32   #1344
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, better to negotiate stating the manufacturing date, and if his sub-dealer is based in Gurugram then it will be wiser to visit, negotiate and collect the item by self.

If you are flexible with model of car seat, then Graco 4ever Deluxe can be another option, I believe the manufacturing date for 4ever deluxe will be of recent one as it is not being offered with any major discounts. To get clear picture of all this it is best to visit the dealer godown if he is shipping locally from your location, which was the case with me but I choose got it home delivered.
Unfortunately, the distributor in Delhi-NCR doesn't have stock. Current availability is from Mumbai only and suddenly it is available on Amazon as well for a similar price.

My initial shortlist was Graco 4ever Deluxe only, after going through lots of youtube and blog reviews I decided to go for Extend2Fit because :

1) Rear Facing Capacity for Extend to fit is 50 Lbs vs 40 Lbs in 4EverDlx
2) I read complaints from few parents highlighting the head support cushion could be little tight & uncomoforting for babies with a bigger head.
Motorhead23 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th January 2023, 12:06   #1345
BHPian

Quote:
My initial shortlist was Graco 4ever Deluxe only, after going through lots of Youtube and blog reviews I decided to go for Extend2Fit because :

1) Rear Facing Capacity for Extend to fit is 50 Lbs vs 40 Lbs in 4EverDlx
2) I read complaints from few parents highlighting the head support cushion could be little tight & uncomoforting for babies with a bigger head.
Hey I have 2 Graco 4everDLX for both my kids (3.5y & 14mo).

One uses it in rear facing and the other in front facing.

I had the Chicco nextfit for my elder one before this and the Chicco keyfit 30 for my younger one. But they wouldn't fit side by side in the rear seat with one person seating in between so I decided to buy 2 car seats which would meet this config

I evaluated the extend-2-fit as well but it was way more expensive and not easily available.

However after buying the 4everDLX I'm very happy. I bought each for 23k from Amazon.

It's cushioning is relatively lesser than Chicco nxtfit but can be used much longer and kids don't have any complaints at all.

Last edited by dhruvwali : 29th January 2023 at 12:07.
dhruvwali is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th January 2023, 16:13   #1346
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruvwali View Post

I evaluated the extend-2-fit as well but it was way more expensive and not easily available.

However after buying the 4everDLX I'm very happy. I bought each for 23k from Amazon.
Hey, Thanks for your positive feedback on 4everDLX, that's great to hear !

Actually, even I wanted to go for 4everDLX only, it was only after reading some critical reviews which had the common complaint of head-comfort issue I thought of re-evaluating my choice and consider extend2fit 3-in-1.

Now, I have managed to spot both physically at different offline stores and to me both appeared similar in terms of head-room. So now I am open to consider anyone out of the two on cost-value benefit.

The best options currently available are 4EverDLX at 34,999 and Extend-2-fit at 23,999.

I still have some time till to buy and hence I am closely monitoring the online price & schemes and would buy as my desired buying target is hit.
Old 30th January 2023, 16:32   #1347
BHPian

Quote:

The best options currently available are 4EverDLX at 34,999 and Extend-2-fit at 23,999.
The 4everdlx price you are quoting is too high, maybe local stock is unavailable, but it frequently

P.s. here is how it fits in my car , its compact, adjustable and comfortable.
Attached Thumbnails
"Child Seat" for Babies & Kids-71qy61wvqil.jpg  

"Child Seat" for Babies & Kids-715veyzd8nl.jpg  

"Child Seat" for Babies & Kids-7162kgigthl.jpg  

dhruvwali is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th January 2023, 22:09   #1348
BHPian

I need to fix two baby seats in my car, and may be carry pax as well. I've a honda city 5th gen now, which may prove to be inadequate in longer run. I wanted to know, In three row SUVs, (Safari/XUV7OO/Alcazar) -

1. Do we also have isofix mounts on the 3rd row?
2. For 6S versions - do the middle row captain seats also have isofix mounts? Or they are available only with 7S versions?
Old 13th February 2023, 09:37   #1349
BHPian

We have to travel to Hyderabad airport by cab with our 5 months old, the distance is 40km from our home to the airport. Upon reaching to our home town we will be using car for local travels to meet relatives, the question is how to manage all these road travel to-and-fro from airports etc. without a car seat.

Options I am considering -

1) Buy a secondary car seat of budget range for such travels.(Do airlines(Indigo) allow carseat-cum-carrycot in cabin)
2) No car seat, carry the baby in lap.
3) Your suggestions.

Request anyone to share their views if they had such experience.
Old 13th February 2023, 10:24   #1350
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
We have to travel to Hyderabad airport by cab with our 5 months old, the distance is 40km from our home to the airport. Upon reaching to our home town we will be using car for local travels to meet relatives, the question is how to manage all these road travel to-and-fro from airports etc. without a car seat.

Options I am considering -

1) Buy a secondary car seat of budget range for such travels.(Do airlines(Indigo) allow carseat-cum-carrycot in cabin)
2) No car seat, carry the baby in lap.
3) Your suggestions.

Request anyone to share their views if they had such experience.
When I did a similar journey when the kid was small, I checked in the car seat (forgot if they allowed it as cabin baggage or not) and marked it as fragile, nothing happened to the seat, so maybe you can explore that as an option
arvind71181 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks