Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 25th April 2011, 12:32   #1
BHPian

Update - Road condition - New Delhi to Corbett National Park

Just travelled to Corbett over the weekend.

The roads are right now in good condition until a couple of kms before the Brajghat/Gajraula section. Here one lane is under constuction by NHAI so traffic (up/down) is diverted onto the other lane. While returning from Corbett, I was stuck for 1 hr 45 mins on this section since a huge bottleneck was created. Moved a distance of 500mts during this time. The jam was eased only after the police arrived.

From Moradabad, the state highway towards Kashipur/Ramnagar is in a very bad conditions. Huge potholes. Beware when driving on this stretch. Saw some repair work being undertaken in some small stretches. But they were patch works which wont last long. Had even noticed a maruti 800 with its front right axle broken and stranded in the middle of the road.

The Hapur bypass and the Moradabad bypass are in very good conditions where you can easily pick up speed till about 140km/hr.

Overall it took me 6.5 hours to reach Corbett from New Delhi (with 30 mins break and a 45 mins traffic jam).

While returning it took me 8.5 hours to reach my door step (with 2.5 hours of traffic jams and 40mins break).

Happy driving........
souravdebiswas is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th April 2011, 12:43   #2
BHPian

Re: Update - Road condition - New Delhi to Corbett National Park

Back after quite some time, I see. Planning to post a travelogue?
Old 25th April 2011, 16:29   #3
Senior - BHPian

Did you return also via Kashipur?
What is the condition of the Bazpur route to Kaladhungi, any idea?
How much of Nh24 is 4-laned already? From Delhi till Hapur only, or beyond?
Old 26th April 2011, 10:59   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
Did you return also via Kashipur?
What is the condition of the Bazpur route to Kaladhungi, any idea?
How much of Nh24 is 4-laned already? From Delhi till Hapur only, or beyond?
HV - I did return via Kashipur itself. The road conditions on the state highway between Moradabad and Kashipur/Ramnagar is very bad right now.

Not sure about the road condition of the Bazpur route to Kaladhungi. But I did go to Corbett Falls (near Kaladhungi) from Ramnagar and the roads are pretty good on that route.

As regards NH-24, it is 4 laned upto atleast Moradabad (from where I took the state highway towards Thakurdwara). However in some stretches it does become 2 laned. For example while crossing some of the towns towards Hapur, or just where the Hapur bypass ends, they become 2 laned since the other lanes are currently being built (or flyovers are being constructed).

Especially a stretch of about 10-15 kms just before the Brajghat section (just before crossing the river while going from Delhi), it is 2 laned since the other 2 lanes of the highway is also being built. This stretch is quite bad with lots of potholes all around.

The Moradabad bypass is also 4 laned and is in good condition until it meets up with the state highway 41.
souravdebiswas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2012, 14:29   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys what is the state of play on the roads nowadays?
Old 12th November 2012, 16:53   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Guys what is the state of play on the roads nowadays?
I heard that the route from Moradabad to Kashipur is good, but the one via Bazpur has some bad sections.
hvkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2012, 08:39   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
I heard that the route from Moradabad to Kashipur is good, but the one via Bazpur has some bad sections.
Gmaps is giving me two routes, nh24, and nh58, meerut or garhmakuhteshwar.
Moradabad, isnt it out of the way?
I have no idea, so asking..
Old 14th November 2012, 09:13   #8
v&v
Senior - BHPian

mayankk we did this route recently.

Moradabad is now has a bypass. The roads are mostly OK including Brij ghat. Only the route after Moradabad till Rudrapur is bad.

You may refere this thread for more info.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post2944337

Last edited by v&v : 14th November 2012 at 09:14.
v&v is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2012, 09:52   #9
Senior - BHPian

I take the route from Meerut/Delhi - Garh Mukteshwar - Brij Ghat - Moradabad - Kashipur - Ram Nagar - Corbett.

The road is slightly undulated from Moradabad onwards but now in drivable condition. It takes about 2~2.5 hours for me to reach Moradabad from Meerut and another 2~2.5 to reach Corbett. The road from Meerut to Mawana-Bijnor-Haldaur-Kashipur stretch is slightly broken nowadays.

Last edited by dkaile : 14th November 2012 at 09:55.
dkaile is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2012, 12:15   #10
BHPian

Hey guys. We are planning to take 2 innovas to Corbett this weekend. So is the following route the best one to take at this time of the year?
Delhi - Hapur - Moradabad Bypass - Bhoj Pur - Thakurdwara - Kashipur - Ramnagar

Is there anything i need to watch out for? Also assuming a sedate driving style, what time in the morning should i ideally leave? 4 30 is safe im guessing? Assuming I want to reach before noon.
Old 20th November 2012, 12:51   #11
v&v
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saketa
Hey guys. We are planning to take 2 innovas to Corbett this weekend. So is the following route the best one to take at this time of the year?

Is there anything i need to watch out for? Also assuming a sedate driving style, what time in the morning should i ideally leave? 4 30 is safe im guessing? Assuming I want to reach before noon.
This is the quickest route. If you start by 4.30 then you will easily be there by noon with a break at Gajraula.
Old 20th November 2012, 12:56   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saketa View Post
So is the following route the best one to take at this time of the year?

Yes, for now that is the best route. Bhojpur/Thakurdwara is mostly bye-passed in the new route - https://maps.google.com/maps?ie=UTF-...ed=0CC8Q-A8wAA . You can't miss the Kashipur route after turning inwards from the Moradabad bye-pass. Just follow the road signs which are prominent. Journey will get bumpy after Moradabad Byepass. The 4.30am start is quite safe on this route and you will be past Moradabad by 7..30am am at that time and at Corbett by 10.30~11.30am depending upon your stoppages. Stop enroute at Gajraula if you wish for an early dawn breakfast and you have options of Mc Donalds / Bikanerwala / Meriton / Punjabi Tadka according to your taste.
dkaile is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2012, 13:49   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

I just came back on sunday.
After moradabad bypass,the road is hellish.
And it gets much worse about 60-80 kms from corbett,when it passes through some industrial area.ceases to exist actually, for about 10kms.
Then its battered for another 30 kms.broken patches abound.
apart from this,excellent roads.
I started at 6 am,and was at my resort at 1130.
Including breakfast at McDonald's, and a couple of relievers.

Last edited by mayankk : 20th November 2012 at 13:51.
mayankk is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2013, 16:15   #14
BHPian

Hey mayankk

Your quick review on the road condition between Moradabad and Ramnagar was instrumental in my changing a weekend getaway plan (in mid-Dec) from Corbett to Kasauli. Thanks!
I was actually trying to get the latest update on road to Corbett by asking people around, and everyone said the same thing - it's doable if you don't mind driving on bad roads for about 60-odd kms!
I must say that inspite of the bad roads, you made pretty good time by reaching in 5.5 hours. Do you, by any chance, have any update on whether roads were being repaired while you were there, or any idea on when the next reparation is planned? Any help would be good.

Thanks again for your post.
Old 2nd January 2013, 23:39   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by c_trivedi View Post
Hey mayankk

Your quick review on the road condition between Moradabad and Ramnagar was instrumental in my changing a weekend getaway plan (in mid-Dec) from Corbett to Kasauli. Thanks!
I was actually trying to get the latest update on road to Corbett by asking people around, and everyone said the same thing - it's doable if you don't mind driving on bad roads for about 60-odd kms!
I must say that inspite of the bad roads, you made pretty good time by reaching in 5.5 hours. Do you, by any chance, have any update on whether roads were being repaired while you were there, or any idea on when the next reparation is planned? Any help would be good.

Thanks again for your post.
happy to help.
I actually made very good time when the roads were good.
Some of the worst patches were undergoing repairs when I saw. Not the industrial bit, but the length between the towns which was broken up.
And to be fair, it's not that bad, you just have to be careful not to get cajoled into chasing, or staying ahead of some of the typical racers. Go easy, look forward to a good time, and all is well. I just felt bad for my car. That's all

Most Viewed