Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th January 2013, 14:34   #16
BHPian

Re: Update - Road condition - New Delhi to Corbett National Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
happy to help.
I actually made very good time when the roads were good.
Some of the worst patches were undergoing repairs when I saw. Not the industrial bit, but the length between the towns which was broken up.
And to be fair, it's not that bad, you just have to be careful not to get cajoled into chasing, or staying ahead of some of the typical racers. Go easy, look forward to a good time, and all is well. I just felt bad for my car. That's all
Alright, thanks for the update.

I guess I'll take your advice and do this road-trip this year, maybe around February-March or the next winter. Might need to get the car serviced beforehand!
Will update this thread whenever I (finally) go there.

Cheers!
Old 19th August 2013, 11:18   #17
BHPian

Hi,
Sorry if this is not the right thread.
I am planning to travel to Corbett in October end.I am planning to reach Delhi By flight and Hire an Innova to corbett resort.
I assumed that it would take 6-7 hours drive from Delhi if we start in the afternoon by 1:00 PM. Please let me know if this is a right assumption.
We plan to stay in Corbett for 4 days. People who have gone before please let me know if hiring a Cab for airport transfers would be sufficient or would we need vehicles in the resort for any other reason. If yes then would renting a car for 4 days be more economical to hiring cabs?
Old 19th August 2013, 11:36   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gandalf View Post
I am planning to travel to Corbett in October end.I am planning to reach Delhi By flight and Hire an Innova to corbett resort.
I assumed that it would take 6-7 hours drive from Delhi if we start in the afternoon by 1:00 PM. Please let me know if this is a right assumption.
We plan to stay in Corbett for 4 days. People who have gone before please let me know if hiring a Cab for airport transfers would be sufficient or would we need vehicles in the resort for any other reason. If yes then would renting a car for 4 days be more economical to hiring cabs?
It will take minimum 6-7 hours to get to Corbett via Moradabad-Kashipur-Ramnagar route. Beware that the Moradabad-Kashipur section will be in a bad state due to rains and you may need extra time on that section. Basically there is no sense in hiring the cabs for 4 days unless you want to explore nearby areas or go to Nainital etc. Park entry as it is somewhat restricted for Innova taxis from outside and its best to hire local Gypsies for that. Also Local Gypsies will also turn out cheaper for any local sightseeing and are easily available at most resorts. Do confirm that park entry is open at this time of the year.

Last edited by dkaile : 19th August 2013 at 11:43.
dkaile is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2014, 20:36   #19
BHPian

Travelling to Corbett this week. Vehicles have been provided for us from Delhi Airport to Corbett and back by our hosts. Can someone advise on the road conditions as prevail now?
Old 24th February 2015, 12:23   #20

Hi
I am planning to drive from Delhi to Corbett next week. Can someone suggest the best route especially after Moradabad considering the state of the roads.
Old 24th February 2015, 15:55   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
I am planning to drive from Delhi to Corbett next week.
Since you seem to aware of the route till Moradabad, these directions are post Moradabad. Once you take the Moradabad bye-pass (NH 24), continue onwards till you cross the ramganga river bridge. A little after the bridge ends there is a sharp (really sharp) left off the highway. It is almost like a u turn which descends the shoulder of the highway and takes you onto rampur road. Take a right at the Y fork and get on to MDR 65W or SH 121 (if i'm right). Now comes the real test. Be careful, your navigator/g maps will send you via tanda. Don't. Instead go towards Thakurdwara from there onto Kashipur, and then Ramnagar. The road from the tanda turn till thakurdwar is in a just tolerable condition, pot holed but you can drive around them. Watch out for the UPSRTC buses though, they will drive you off the road to avoid the potholes in their lanes. Do not play chicken with them even if you have a Fortuner, they just do not care. Get to the shoulder and then carry on.

If you want good roads throughout, go till rudrapur and from there NH 74 to Kashipur and then Ramnanagar, 330 odd kms compared to the 249 kms via thakurdwara.

PS-watch out for the "chakna toll booth" there are two toll booths in quick succession the first toll is Rs. 35 where instead of the Rs. 5 change you get a packet of chakna, the next toll booth 700 mts. down the road charges you Rs. 15, give him Rs. 10 and the packet and look at him as if you do this all the time. He will accept it without a word
Old 18th March 2015, 13:14   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shady_lawyer View Post
watch out for the "chakna toll booth" there are two toll booths in quick succession the first toll is Rs. 35 where instead of the Rs. 5 change you get a packet of chakna, the next toll booth 700 mts. down the road charges you Rs. 15, give him Rs. 10 and the packet and look at him as if you do this all the time. He will accept it without a word
For general information, both the Chakna Toll booths have been abolished. Instead there is a single toll booth before Rampur. Don't remember how much it charges.
predatorwheelz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2015, 21:41   #23
BHPian

Visited Corbett during the recent Dusshera break. The road conditions were throughout excellent.

Like what Shady Lawyer mentioned in his previous update, on NH24, little after the bridge ends, there is a sharp left turn. It is almost like a 'U' turn which descends the shoulder of NH24 and takes you onto Rampur road.

After couple of kms, ignore the left turn (which goes to Moradabad city) & instead, take a slight right on to MDR 65W. Now exercise caution. On the Y fork, Google Map directs you towards the right i.e on MDR 65W. However, you need to continue to go straight on Moradabad Kashipur road. This is a straight road which takes you to Kashipur. Thereafter you need to stick to NH 121 all the way till Ramnagar.

I had the misfortune of following directions of Google Map & it took me through MDR 65W during the onward journey. The 25 kms odd section was full of potholes.

Strangely, Google Map shows the better route on return journey which is explained in the previous paragraphs.
rx2389 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2015, 15:09   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rx2389 View Post
Visited Corbett during the recent Dusshera break. The road conditions were throughout excellent.

Like what Shady Lawyer mentioned in his previous update, on NH24, little after the bridge ends, there is a sharp left turn. It is almost like a 'U' turn which descends the shoulder of NH24 and takes you onto Rampur road.
Thanks for the update. I do plan for an impromptu drive to Corbett during Diwali break. Yes I have been before by road and know about the tricky U turn at the end of Moradabad bypass. All the way till the end of the bypass, we had been thinking that we were going away from Moradabad, from where we were told to turn to Rampur Road.

Please let me know about some food joints on the Rampur Road and later towards Ramnager as we did not find any good Dhabba for our lunch and had to wait all the way to Ramnagar (Shaan-e-Punjab)

Last edited by Wanderers : 30th October 2015 at 15:10.
Old 30th October 2015, 22:10   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderers View Post
Please let me know about some food joints on the Rampur Road and later towards Ramnager as we did not find any good Dhabba for our lunch and had to wait all the way to Ramnagar (Shaan-e-Punjab)
This was my first trip to Corbett. We had breakfast at Gajraula & lunch at Corbett. Sorry, I am not aware about decent joints at Moradabad-Kashipur Road. I covered it recently & could not find any.
rx2389 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2016, 16:59   #26
BHPian

Hi all,

I am going to Jim Corbett on November 1st from Faridabad. Any update of this route? Any eateries for breakfast on the way? I plan to start by 5 or 5.30 AM from Faridabad. I am thinking to stop at Gajraula for breakfast. Will it be too early? If not, what other places can I have breakfast? we are two couples going.

Also, is the area around Ramnagar ghat road? If yes, how much of stretch is ghat road? Are there any petrol bunks near Jim Corbett?

Last edited by bhappyharsha : 14th October 2016 at 17:13. Reason: included additional questions.
Old 18th October 2016, 23:26   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhappyharsha View Post
Hi all,

I am going to Jim Corbett on November 1st from Faridabad. Any update of this route?....
Gajraula would be your best bet for having breakfast. Apart from that, I could not notice any decent eating joints till Ram Nagar. There is no ghat road till Corbett. There are petrol pumps at Ramnagar so it should not be a problem for you. Enjoy your trip!
Old 21st June 2017, 18:46   #28
BHPian

Folks,

Any latest update on Delhi-Corbett/Ramnagar route? Leaving day after, early in the morning at 4:30am.

We are 14 people in 3 cars, majority being ladies, anything to worry about?

Also, any recommended place to halt for breakfast?
Old 14th November 2017, 14:06   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinharishi View Post
Folks,

Any latest update on Delhi-Corbett/Ramnagar route? Leaving day after, early in the morning at 4:30am.

We are 14 people in 3 cars, majority being ladies, anything to worry about?

Also, any recommended place to halt for breakfast?
Hi, bumping this thread. Hope you had a great time with your family driving to Jim Corbett.

I am planning to do this route on 22nd Nov from Delhi with my parents, spouse and 1.5 yr old daughter. To beat the weekday traffic, planning to start at 6am from Dashrathpuri. Any advice on the route conditions? And also, where is the best place to have good Veg breakfast?
Old 14th November 2017, 15:59   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narsi_6989 View Post

I am planning to do this route on 22nd Nov from Delhi with my parents, spouse and 1.5 yr old daughter. To beat the weekday traffic, planning to start at 6am from Dashrathpuri. Any advice on the route conditions? And also, where is the best place to have good Veg breakfast?
Hello,

Please make sure to start by 6:00 AM. First few kms of NH-24 from UP Gate (Ghazipur) after 8:00 AM is a nightmare on weekdays, it was just yesterday I was stuck for a good 1 hour on one spot before Hindon

Road widening work going on till Hapur, after that roads are just superb till you leave Moradabad Bypass, post that Moradabad-Kahispur road will slow down your progress, roads are not so good till Kashipur.

Kashipur-Ramanagar is good 2 laned and it gets better after you cross Ramnagar.

We did not take any stops. There are lots of option once you cross Gajraula to stop for breakfast.
sinharishi is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks