Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th May 2011, 11:17   #16
Senior - BHPian

re: Delhi to Bangalore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
Thanks a lot for prompt response and enlightening me, hvkumar. I wanted to try NS corridor for a change. I think, I will have to take GQ once again!
J. Ravi, do try the NS Corridor. But for the bad state of the roads in Gwalior-Jhansi, the rest of the route is OK now without any bad roads (only construction work, debris and diversions).

The GQ route is in bad shape now because of the Delhi-Jaipur road widening work, Surat-Bombay road-widening work. From Surat onwards, expect major delays at some points because of flyover construction work., although road condition is excellent. Moreover, the River Narmada bridge between Bharuch & Ankleshwar also sees some delays (although in the South-North direction) things are terrible with 6-km long jams.
hvkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2011, 11:28   #17
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
J. Ravi, do try the NS Corridor.
Thanks once again, hvkumar, for quick response.
Quote:
The GQ route is in bad shape
Yes, I witnessed it during my Nov/Dec 2010 trip to Delhi. That's why, I am planning to try NS corridor to drive to Amritsar, Wagah border, Manali/Rohtang Pass, Shimla and Chandigarh in another 2-3 months.

Old 31st May 2011, 07:20   #18
Senior - BHPian

UPDATE: Completed Delhi to Bangalore yesterday night. Left Delhi at 0500 hrs on 28th May for Udaipur (some 670 kms). Reached Udaipur at 1600 hrs (28th May). Stayed the night, and left Udaipur on 29th May at 0700 hrs for Pune. Unfortunately, lot of diversion and traffic from Surat to Golbandar. So, stayed the night at Golbander and left for Bangalore at 0500 the next day. Reached Bangalore at 2200 hrs on 30th may.

Distanced covered:
1st day - 670 kms
2nd day - 711 kms
3rd day - 1000 kms

I truly enjoyed most of the routes on the QC.
Old 31st May 2011, 16:00   #19
BANNED

ITNerd

I Did Bangalolre-Delhi route in April, 2011 and I took the following ruote which most of the friends here have suggested.

Bangalore-Pune you can cover upto Mumbai as well if you drive constantly with lesser stops

Pune-Udaipur
Udaipur-Delhi - (Delhi-Jaipur section is in bad shape due to expansion/expressway conversion) and this section will easily take atleast 6 hours, so you can reach Udaipur on day one and From Udaipur to Pune it is 937 Kms via Ahmedabad, Vadodara, Surat, Mumbai and it can be covered in 16 hours. I started from Pune at 7 a.m. and reached udaipur at 9.30 pm.
Old 10th June 2011, 19:58   #20
BHPian

So are u at Bangalore now? How was the drive??? Eager to hear the experiences.
Old 1st July 2011, 00:50   #21
Senior - BHPian

I need update on the Route to take from Banglore to Delhi. A friend bought a car in Banglore and we intent to drive it back.

I shall be flying out to Banglore tomorrow to join him. I have decided upon the GQ only. Planning to stop 1st night in Pune then Udaipur and finally Delhi.

Any special precations we should take ?? How are the petrol pumps on the way ?? The car we are driving back is an import and does not have a good fuel range.

Last edited by m4ugr8 : 1st July 2011 at 00:52.
Old 1st July 2011, 01:18   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4ugr8 View Post
I need update on the Route to take from Banglore to Delhi. A friend bought a car in Banglore and we intent to drive it back.

I shall be flying out to Banglore tomorrow to join him. I have decided upon the GQ only. Planning to stop 1st night in Pune then Udaipur and finally Delhi.

Any special precations we should take ?? How are the petrol pumps on the way ?? The car we are driving back is an import and does not have a good fuel range.
You can refer the attached file for a detailed route guide for the Delhi-Bangalore route on the GQ.

Please note to take NH79 at Kishangarh towards Bhilwara and the S P Ring Road around Ahmedabad city.

Ignore Navigator instructions on how to bypass Bombay city and take the simple route via Ghodbunder, Thane, Mulund, Airoli & Turbhe to get to Pune expressway.

Udaipur is an easy day's drive, but Pune will be tough and I will be a little sceptical due to slow traffic on the Surat-Thane sector due to road widening work.

LOts of fuel pumps e route. Some of them mentioned in route guide.
Attached Files
File Type: xls Jas-Del Bom Goa.xls (66.0 KB, 731 views)
Old 3rd July 2011, 23:33   #23
Senior - BHPian

Thank you for the list hvkumar, your instructions really came handy today.

Started from Banglore 5 o clock in the morning, Reached Pune comfortably in the evening. Not rushing up things as the car needs special care on the way, but that said it was fun driving it on the roads. Some sections were amazing.

Will start tomorrow from Pune and hope to reach Udaipur.Lets see what can we manage. Shall keep the thread updated. Pics coming soon.
Old 4th July 2011, 22:33   #24
Senior - BHPian

Reached Ahemdabad, The Surat section did eat up a lot of time. Left late from Pune hence had to stop here.

Will leave try to leave early morning tomorrow and reach Delhi late evening. NE1 and stretches in Gujrat were awesome to drive on.
Old 4th July 2011, 22:52   #25
Senior - BHPian

Yes, Bombay-Surat-Baroda is hellish to drive now. You should have a fast day tomorrow!
Old 28th August 2011, 21:12   #26
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar
Yes, Bombay-Surat-Baroda is hellish to drive now. You should have a fast day tomorrow!
Whats the latest on the delhi-pune-bangalore route?

I am leaving on a roadtrip on this sector day after tomorrow. How is this landmark hotel in himmat ngr? And a two night stop strategy is ok, right?
Old 21st October 2011, 22:38   #27
BHPian

Delhi to bangalore brand new in XUV 500

Hi,

I am planning to drive down from Delhi to Bangalore in a day old XUV 500. I have some questions.

1. What should be the ideal speed to maintain so that I run in the engine properly?
2. is it ok to take a new car over such long distances? Will it adversely affect the engine or any other component ?
3. What is the advantage of driving via udaipur / Mumbai / Pune over Nagpur ?
4. What are the toll charges like over GQ?
5. Places to spend the night.
6. Anything I should pay extra attention to considering that it's a brand new vehicle?

Thanks!

Nikhil
Old 21st October 2011, 23:26   #28
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhileshgrover
Hi,

I am planning to drive down from Delhi to Bangalore in a day old XUV 500. I have some questions.

1. What should be the ideal speed to maintain so that I run in the engine properly?
2. is it ok to take a new car over such long distances? Will it adversely affect the engine or any other component ?
6. Anything I should pay extra attention to considering that it's a brand new vehicle?

Thanks!

Nikhil

1. 80 kmph for brand new cars.

2. Yes it may have a long term impact on your car engine. There will however be no short term impact. I advice you to go ahead with this after you have atleast done 2500 kms.

3. Better roads, more scenic. Loads of fun except for del-jaipur which is a nightmare.

4. Toll will be close to 2000-2500 rupees one way from delhi to bangalore.

5. 1st night - udaipur or more suitable is himmatnagar.

2nd night - pune.
I can tell you hotel names if you wish.

6. Yes, car fluid levels and your service schedule. And yea tyre pressure also.

Source - Recently completed this route 20 days ago.
Old 22nd October 2011, 05:54   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101

Thanks Mustang. I thought car engines were run in and hence there was no need to be cautious about maintaining speed limits initially. I will not be able to spend time in Delhi and will have to start journey back to Bangalore immediately after delivery. What do you recommend?

Regarding the hotels, yes please do let me know.

Thanks,

Nikhil
Old 22nd October 2011, 08:42   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post

2. Yes it may have a long term impact on your car engine. There will however be no short term impact. I advice you to go ahead with this after you have atleast done 2500 kms.

3. Better roads, more scenic. Loads of fun except for del-jaipur which is a nightmare.

4. Toll will be close to 2000-2500 rupees one way from delhi to bangalore.

5. 1st night - udaipur or more suitable is himmatnagar.

2nd night - pune.
I can tell you hotel names if you wish.

6. Yes, car fluid levels and your service schedule. And yea tyre pressure also.

You can check out the following detailed route plans for all info on route and hotels, etc:

Delhi-Bombay:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...Fza3c&hl=en_GB

Bombay-Bypass
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1.../edit?hl=en_GB

Bombay-Bangalore
https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0BzW...jODgz&hl=en_GB

Answers to specific questions:

AS has already been observed.

I have driven my brand-new Scorpio 10,000 kms in the first month, starting 1 week after delivery.

4-laned good roads all the way. Great facilities.

Rs 1023 DElhi-Bombay
RS 837 Bombay-Bangalore

Udaipur on Day 1
Ghodbunder or New Bombay-Kharghar/Kalamboli on Day 2

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks