Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 26th March 2012, 16:27   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bangalore-Delhi-Bangalore Roadtrip

Bangalore to Nagpur the roads are good and from Gwalior to Delhi they are good as well. What you need to figure out is how is the road condition from Nagpur to Gwalior, there are two routes one through (Seoni-Sagar-Jhansi-Gwalior) and another (Betul-Bhopal-Guna-Gwalior).

My guess is the Bhopal is slightly better as last year we were planning to go to Bhopal on car and my relatives suggested this route, although its bad but still better then the other.
mayankjha1806 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2012, 16:59   #47
v&v
Senior - BHPian

@addy,

We did the same route this Jan. You can refer my TL for details and road condition.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...-5300-kms.html

Blr - Mumbai - Udaipur - Delhi will be fun to drive with good roads.

The north-south corridor is going to test your patience after a good 2500 kms run. The road after Dholpur all the way till Hybd has lot of bad patches.

I suggest you do it reverse.
Blr - Hybd - Nagpur - Day 1, Nagpur - Jhansi - Day - 2, Day - 3 to Delhi.
Return -
Delhi - Ahmd in day - 1, Ahmd - Satara - Day-2, Day - 3 - Blr.

All these stoppage , stay is not an issue.

Even i will be driving down to Blr in May again.

Last edited by v&v : 26th March 2012 at 17:01.
v&v is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2012, 17:23   #48
BHPian

Another suggestion. You can also return via Calcutta - Chennai or if not Calcutta - Hyderabad and then Bangalore. This way you can complete the GQ. But it might take a day extra.
Harshavarthan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th March 2012, 17:40   #49
BHPian

Hi Addy,

Since you are planing this trip during May / June, please be prepared for the heat wave of North. These are the two months when mercury goes to the max. The mercury easily crosses the 40 degrees Celsius during these two months. Please check this link for the month wise temperature: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Climate_of_Delhi.

All the cities like Delhi, Agra, Jaipur will be very hot. For example, if you visit the Taj during this time, you will sweat like anything. Also the marble floors / stones are too hot to walk bare footed (which is must in Taj complex), though there are mats but still they are not every where.

Not demotivating you but just advising you to be prepared to face the heat wave. Drink lots of water and try not to walk in the sun (1100 hrs - 1700 hrs). Please check this link: Loo (wind) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Cheers!
Irish

Last edited by Irish : 26th March 2012 at 17:42. Reason: added link
Irish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2012, 18:48   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by addyhemmige View Post
Also, while passing Gujarat, do I need to get the yellow headlamp sticker for my car or is it okay if I don't have it?
I faced this issue only while entering Ahmedabad, not anywhere else in GJ while my trip to Ajmer in Nov,11. And Documents checking while entering MH from GJ while comming back. Are you planning to go via Chittorgarh from Udaipur to Delhi? If in night drive then ok, else you can take the old NH8, the road is very scenic(not green).
asdon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2012, 19:34   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
Very bad. My Linea did this stretch in September 2011. The ghat section between Seoni and Nagpur was the worst. Details are here.
My recommendation for Nagpur: Peanut. Nagpur-Bangalore can be done in one day, I feel.
Thank you sir. Do you know of any other route we can take? I am not sure if we might stay at Nagpur.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan View Post
Interesting Itinerary! Are you not planning to stay somewhere for a bit longer, I guess its a bit too tiring if you dont take enough rest (assuming both of you will be driving seperate cars). If you add one more week to this, you can enjoy the highest motorable road in the world at Ladakh , just a suggestion, your route plan looks good if you have planned/organized most of the things in advance.
Nope, we both will be in one car and we will take turns driving. About the yellow sticker, I guess I'll stick it before I enter Gujarat. No need to take chances.

Ladakh must wait for another day (When will that day come)

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolclouds View Post

I hope its easy to do the bad route onward and follow the GQ route on return peacefully.
Thanks coolclouds, we are also considering the option of doing it anticlockwise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 View Post
Bangalore to Nagpur the roads are good and from Gwalior to Delhi they are good as well. What you need to figure out is how is the road condition from Nagpur to Gwalior, there are two routes one through (Seoni-Sagar-Jhansi-Gwalior) and another (Betul-Bhopal-Guna-Gwalior).

My guess is the Bhopal is slightly better as last year we were planning to go to Bhopal on car and my relatives suggested this route, although its bad but still better then the other.
Gwalior-Nagpur is my only worry. Btw, which car did you take on the Bhopal route? the Civic?

Quote:
Originally Posted by v&v View Post
@addy,

The north-south corridor is going to test your patience after a good 2500 kms run. The road after Dholpur all the way till Hybd has lot of bad patches.

I suggest you do it reverse.
Blr - Hybd - Nagpur - Day 1, Nagpur - Jhansi - Day - 2, Day - 3 to Delhi.
Return -
Delhi - Ahmd in day - 1, Ahmd - Satara - Day-2, Day - 3 - Blr.

All these stoppage , stay is not an issue.

Even i will be driving down to Blr in May again.
Thanks v&v, I just went through your travelogue and I just hope the roads have improved from what you have been through. Which route are you taking this time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harshavarthan View Post
Another suggestion. You can also return via Calcutta - Chennai or if not Calcutta - Hyderabad and then Bangalore. This way you can complete the GQ. But it might take a day extra.
Initially, we had thought of this idea, but somehow, we could not get extra days off, so we will have to stick to the Central India route. Btw, how are roads in the Delhi-Kolkata and Kolkata-Chennai sections of the GQ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish View Post
Hi Addy,

All the cities like Delhi, Agra, Jaipur will be very hot. For example, if you visit the Taj during this time, you will sweat like anything. Also the marble floors / stones are too hot to walk bare footed (which is must in Taj complex), though there are mats but still they are not every where.

Not demotivating you but just advising you to be prepared to face the heat wave. Drink lots of water and try not to walk in the sun (1100 hrs - 1700 hrs). Please check this link: Loo (wind) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Cheers!
Irish
Thanks for the heads up Irish. Will keep this in mind when we travel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdon View Post
Are you planning to go via Chittorgarh from Udaipur to Delhi? If in night drive then ok, else you can take the old NH8, the road is very scenic(not green).
I think it is the Chittorgarh route we have planned, need to check again though. How are the road conditions on the old NH8? We will definitely be driving during the day.
addyhemmige is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2012, 19:44   #52
BHPian

Quote:
I think it is the Chittorgarh route we have planned, need to check again though. How are the road conditions on the old NH8? We will definitely be driving during the day.
The road surface is very good, and it includes few ghats just after Udaipur, but its old 2 lane highway not 4 lane one, though with very less traffic.
asdon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2012, 20:26   #53
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Try

Bangalore-hyd - nizamabad-basar-bhainsa-washim-burhanpur-indore-ujjain-kota-jaipur-delhi

it will be 200 km more.

but road surface is good.

Indore-ujjain-kota is 4 lane tolled road

Nizamabad-burhanpur-khnadwa is much better than nagpur-gwalior section. one can easliy average 60kmph. i had traveled in this route form ujjain-indore-omkareswar-burhanpur-aundha-nizamabad in may 2011

Not much trafic. Old two lane road with reasonably good surface

Nizamabad is 850 km from bangalore. u get very good hotels for 1k. vamsi international is also good.

If you are spirituality inclined you can have darshan of two jyotirlinga temples on the way. darshan does not take more than hour at each place( including time taken to get in to city and to get out)
rkg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th March 2012, 22:18   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you sir. Do you know of any other route we can take? I am not sure if we might stay at Nagpur.
My vote would go to the Central Indian route of NH7.Avoid the NH7 section through Seoni-Pench.Absolutely horrendous.Instead go via Sagar-Narsingpur-Chhindwara-Nagpur.

Hyd-Nagpur 500kms 4laned
Nagpur-Chhindwara 130kms 2laned
Chhindwara-Sagar 170kms 2laned
Sagar-Jhansi 200kms 4laned
Jhansi-Gwalior 100kms 2laned 4 laning in progress
Gwalior-Agra 120kms 2laned

Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh to Agra, Uttar Pradesh - Google Maps

Last edited by ranjitp1 : 26th March 2012 at 22:21.
ranjitp1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th March 2012, 10:25   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkg View Post
Try

Bangalore-hyd - nizamabad-basar-bhainsa-washim-burhanpur-indore-ujjain-kota-jaipur-delhi

it will be 200 km more.

but road surface is good.

Indore-ujjain-kota is 4 lane tolled road

Nizamabad-burhanpur-khnadwa is much better than nagpur-gwalior section. one can easliy average 60kmph. i had traveled in this route form ujjain-indore-omkareswar-burhanpur-aundha-nizamabad in may 2011

Not much trafic. Old two lane road with reasonably good surface

Nizamabad is 850 km from bangalore. u get very good hotels for 1k. vamsi international is also good.

If you are spirituality inclined you can have darshan of two jyotirlinga temples on the way. darshan does not take more than hour at each place( including time taken to get in to city and to get out)
Thanks rkg. Will consider this route as well. Do you have any idea about the route between Indore and Gwalior? If I take this route, I may try to take the Gwalior-Indore-Nizamabad route if it is good enough, instead of going back to Jaipur.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
My vote would go to the Central Indian route of NH7.Avoid the NH7 section through Seoni-Pench.Absolutely horrendous.Instead go via Sagar-Narsingpur-Chhindwara-Nagpur.

Hyd-Nagpur 500kms 4laned
Nagpur-Chhindwara 130kms 2laned
Chhindwara-Sagar 170kms 2laned
Sagar-Jhansi 200kms 4laned
Jhansi-Gwalior 100kms 2laned 4 laning in progress
Gwalior-Agra 120kms 2laned

Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh to Agra, Uttar Pradesh - Google Maps
How are road conditions in these routes? I guess it should be better than the Seoni route.
Old 27th March 2012, 10:36   #56
Team-BHP Support

re: Delhi to Bangalore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkg View Post
Try

Quote:
Thanks rkg. Will consider this route as well. Do you have any idea about the route between Indore and Gwalior? If I take this route, I may try to take the Gwalior-Indore-Nizamabad route if it is good enough, instead of going back to Jaipur.

@rkg, this was the route which bblost took for the ridermania.
But just that from Indore, instead of turning to Ujjain, he went via Lebad which connects to the 4-Lane via Ratlam and Chittorh to Jaipur.
You dont have to go Indore you can do a Indore bypass at Pithampur which takes you to Lebad from where 4-Lanes starts.

Here is the route : link

Last edited by ampere : 27th March 2012 at 10:38.
Old 27th March 2012, 11:21   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
How are road conditions in these routes? I guess it should be better than the Seoni route.
Roads are good.Your approximate drive times should be as follows.The main advantage of taking the NH7 is that this is the shortest route that connects the South to the North,all the other routes add a lot of distance to the drive.Roads on NH7 are very much driveable.

If you are ok with stretching your proposed itinerary by a day,then you can do it in a very relaxed way over a period of 3 days,& I would suggest that do Delhi-Gwalior on day1.Go see the Gwalior museum which is mind blowing and the forts of Gwalior.Plenty of hotels to stay in Gwalior dependant on budget.

Day 2 do Gwalior-Chhindwara.Hotel Dev Intl is a good place to stay in Chhindwara.Rooms are in the range of approx INR 2400 for DBL.Welcome to "HOTEL DEV"

Day 3 do Chhindwara-Hyderabad which would be a 10-11hr drive.

Day 4 do Hyderabad-Blore.

If you dont have the luxury of extending it by a day,then you can stretch Day 2 to Nagpur and then day 3 drive Nagpur-Bangalore non stop.

Agra-Gwalior 120kms 2hrs

Gwalior-Jhansi 100kms 3hrs

Jhansi-Sagar 200kms 2hrs

Sagar-Narsinghpur140kms 3.5hrs

Narsinghpur-Chhindwara 130kms 3hrs

Chhindwara-Nagpur 130kms 2.5hrs

Nagpur-Hyderabad 480kms,8hrs

Negotiating Hyd onto BLR NH7 1.5hrs

Hyd Apt-Blr Apt 490kms,7hrs

In case you need assistance with stay options at Hyd,feel free to pm me.Glad to assist.
ranjitp1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th March 2012, 12:31   #58
v&v
Senior - BHPian

re: Delhi to Bangalore : Route Queries

Quote:
Thanks v&v, I just went through your travelogue and I just hope the roads have improved from what you have been through. Which route are you taking this time?
Yes, there will be improvements as most of the places work was ON. Even the Pench sector too i was told , the tender has be allocated, the work will begin soon. Around 30 kms in Pench is bad real bad. if you want an update on this road, call Bison Retreat , MP tourism at Rukhad near Seoni.

As for route not decided either Chittorgarh - Ratlam - Indore - Pune - Blr or Kolkata - Vizag or vijayawada - Blr.
v&v is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2012, 12:14   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
If you are ok with stretching your proposed itinerary by a day,then you can do it in a very relaxed way over a period of 3 days,& I would suggest that do Delhi-Gwalior on day1.Go see the Gwalior museum which is mind blowing and the forts of Gwalior.Plenty of hotels to stay in Gwalior dependant on budget.

Day 2 do Gwalior-Chhindwara.Hotel Dev Intl is a good place to stay in Chhindwara.Rooms are in the range of approx INR 2400 for DBL.Welcome to "HOTEL DEV"

Day 3 do Chhindwara-Hyderabad which would be a 10-11hr drive.

Day 4 do Hyderabad-Blore.

If you dont have the luxury of extending it by a day,then you can stretch Day 2 to Nagpur and then day 3 drive Nagpur-Bangalore non stop.

Agra-Gwalior 120kms 2hrs

Gwalior-Jhansi 100kms 3hrs

Jhansi-Sagar 200kms 2hrs

Sagar-Narsinghpur140kms 3.5hrs

Narsinghpur-Chhindwara 130kms 3hrs

Chhindwara-Nagpur 130kms 2.5hrs

Nagpur-Hyderabad 480kms,8hrs

Negotiating Hyd onto BLR NH7 1.5hrs

Hyd Apt-Blr Apt 490kms,7hrs
Thanks Ranjit. I am not able to stretch the trip by a day, hence I have to cover as much ground as possible within the available time. If I start off from Delhi early in the morning (maybe around 5-6 am), when can I reach Sagar? I was thinking if I can reach Sagar for the night (maybe by 9pm), I could try to reach Hyderabad the next evening (I don't mind if it is late night). Delhi-Sagar is approx 700 kms and Sagar-Hyderabad is around 900 kms as per google maps. I know I'm stretching on day 2, but I would prefer to stay for the night in Hyderabad than someplace before. So, even if I can leave Hyderabad late next day, I should have no problems reaching home by midnight.

Btw, How are road conditions in the Delhi-Agra-Gwalior sector?
Old 30th March 2012, 13:43   #60
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by addyhemmige
Btw, How are road conditions in the Delhi-Agra-Gwalior sector?
Delhi Agra is a very busy 4 lane road. It sometimes can take more than 4 hours to cover this 200 km! Sgiitk does the Agra Gwalior sector frequently. He should have more details.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed