Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 14th March 2024, 16:26   #271
BHPian

Re: Delhi to Bangalore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayukh42 View Post
Jhansi - Nagpur - Hyderabad - Bengaluru
The climb near Lakhnadon can also slow one down if two trucks compete at 10 and 12 kmph.
Are you referring to this stretch if two trucks compete at slow speed? Upon entering Lakhnadon, it seems there is a overbridge that shall smoothen the traffic flow? Looking at google 360* view of the roads, it seems OK but want to confirm with you..
Old 15th March 2024, 15:45   #272
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Innysta View Post
Yes, that is the stretch I meant, not the flyover. I think the stretch is a little longer than what we can perceive from street view. But good to know that we have street view in such remote locations too
mayukh42 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2024, 10:55   #273
BHPian

Hi Friends,
I am planning to return back to Bangalore from Noida starting on April 19th early morning. Initially I had taken BLR->HYD-> Nagpur-> Jhansi-> Gwalior-> Noida route and I am not comfortable driving from Nagpur onwards. Hence have some apprehensions taking this route again for me return journey. Also, considering Nagpur will go on vote on this day.

I am considering the below options and need your advice on this;
Day 1) Noida-> Faridabad-> NE4 Expressway-> Kota-> Indore-> Dhule (Night Halt)
Day 2) Dhule-> Aurangabad-> Beed-> Solapur-> Vijaypura-> Chitradurga-> BLR
or
Dhule-> Aurangabad-> Beed-> Solapur-> Vijaypura-> Hubli (Night halt at in-laws place)
or
Dhule-> Pune-> Satara-> Kolhapur-> Belgavi- Hubli(Night halt at in-laws place)

How will be the weather as well as road conditions on the above mentioned when compared to NH44?
I will be undertaking this journey along with my wife and pet dog. I might be calling my friend from BLR to join me so he can drive as well.
Old 9th April 2024, 09:42   #274
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudhindra View Post
Hi Friends,
I am planning to return back to Bangalore from Noida starting on April 19th early morning. Initially I had taken BLR->HYD-> Nagpur-> Jhansi-> Gwalior-> Noida route and I am not comfortable driving from Nagpur onwards. Hence have some apprehensions taking this route again for me return journey. Also, considering Nagpur will go on vote on this day.
What is the concern with regard to NH 44 beyond Nagpur? Asking as I did the same a couple of months back and found it rather smooth and with thin traffic. Why would you want to avoid the best road option to Delhi? For clarification, are you referring to Nagpur to Delhi Section or Nagpur to Bangalore section? Since you mentioned "returning to Bangalore".

Last edited by nareshtrao : 9th April 2024 at 09:50.
Old 10th April 2024, 08:12   #275
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshtrao View Post
What is the concern with regard to NH 44 beyond Nagpur?
Post last year monsoon the sections north of Nagpur had deep potholes reported all the way through late November.

One of the reasons I had driven via Kota-Biaora as opposed to Jhansi during the holiday season.

Is this fixed now?
narayans80 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2024, 09:06   #276
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
Post last year monsoon the sections north of Nagpur had deep potholes reported all the way through late November.

One of the reasons I had driven via Kota-Biaora as opposed to Jhansi during the holiday season.

Is this fixed now?
We did Nagpur - Jabalpur - Katni - Rewa before diverting to Mirzapur - Varanasi in Dec. The roads were awesome and with sparse traffic.
Old 10th April 2024, 09:52   #277
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
We did Nagpur - Jabalpur - Katni - Rewa before diverting to Mirzapur - Varanasi in Dec. The roads were awesome and with sparse traffic.
That's the Varanasi route. For Delhi you take the Sagar-Lalitpur-Jhansi route. Here's one example (a terrible one at that, driving through MP at night)

This wasn't one-off, there were several examples throughout October and November 2023 with similar feedback.

This is excluding the infamous Gwalior-Jhansi stretch.
narayans80 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2024, 10:23   #278
BHPian

Quote:
What is the concern with regard to NH 44 beyond Nagpur? Asking as I did the same a couple of months back and found it rather smooth and with thin traffic. Why would you want to avoid the best road option to Delhi? For clarification, are you referring to Nagpur to Delhi Section or Nagpur to Bangalore section? Since you mentioned "returning to Bangalore".
Sorry for the confusion. I am referring to Delhi - Nagpur Section. I had faced potholes, lots of traffic on this stretch and was hectic to drive from Jhansi during my Bangalore to Delhi trip in Dec 2023.
Old 10th April 2024, 10:26   #279
BHPian

Quote:
This wasn't one-off, there were several examples throughout October and November 2023 with similar feedback.
As per recent updates, most of it is patched up, the surface now manageable, but not like how it was before it got potholed.

Quote:
You mean Gwalior - Agara? what's wrong with Gwalior-Jhansi?
Old 10th April 2024, 17:28   #280
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudhindra View Post
Sorry for the confusion. I am referring to Delhi - Nagpur Section. I had faced potholes, lots of traffic on this stretch and was hectic to drive from Jhansi during my Bangalore to Delhi trip in Dec 2023.
Quote:
Here's one example (a terrible one at that, driving through MP at night)

Quote:
Originally Posted by adetour View Post
As per recent updates, most of it is patched up, the surface now manageable, but not like how it was before it got potholed.

Going by all these updates, I have a follow-on question. Does NE4 make better sense from Nagpur to Delhi? This goes through Kota. Any views on the same?

Asking as we are planning a trip from Bangalore to Delhi by road and were wondering if at least one way we can avoid the hardships described in the posts and videos.
Old 12th April 2024, 12:03   #281
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adetour View Post

For me Jhansi to Gwalior roads is one of my favorite roads. I can do real good speeds and reach Gwalior in no time.
Old 12th April 2024, 12:07   #282
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
For me Jhansi to Gwalior roads is one of my favorite roads. I can do real good speeds and reach Gwalior in no time.
Agreed, after the Dabra stretch got completed in 2019-20, this has become one of the best stretches of N-S corridor.

Most Viewed