Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 20th March 2016, 11:37   #91

re: Delhi to Bangalore : Route Queries

I would suggest Hyderabad-Nagpur-Seoni (Rookhad) Day-1, Seoni-Narsinghpur-Sagar-Jhansi-Gwalior-Agra-Delhi Day-2. Easily doable in 2 days then why to waste an extra day. Roads also have improved a lot in this North South Corridor.
Old 7th April 2016, 15:53   #92
BHPian

Re: Delhi to Bangalore : Route Queries

Guys,

I am planning to do Bangalore-Delhi next week, Little confused regarding which route to take.

Is AH43 better till Jhansi Via Seoni or 26B via Chhindwara

Please advise.

-Ijeet

Last edited by ijeet : 7th April 2016 at 15:54. Reason: typo
Old 7th April 2016, 17:48   #93
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijeet View Post
Chhindwara route. Please note that construction work is in progress on the Chhindwara bypass. You have to go on the wrong side in one subway under construction to drive towards Narsingpur. Otherwise, you will end up driving towards Seoni.
  (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2016, 17:50   #94
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijeet View Post
Chindwara-Narsingpur is the better one. Many have referred to it on the forum.
Old 26th April 2017, 17:47   #95
BHPian

Update :

Did Bangalore-Delhi-Bangalore this month.
Onward route was via Bhopal, and the roads around MP capital were real bad.
Return route was :
Delhi-Agra-Gwalior-Jhansi-Sagar-Narsinghpur-Chhindwara-Nagpur-Hyderabad-Bangalore

Bad roads only around Hinganghat, Gwalior-Jhansi. But not as bad as the ones near Bhopal on the Nagpur-Bhopal road. Hinganghat railway bridge is still incomplete. Are people even working on it?
Old 8th May 2017, 18:37   #96
BHPian

Guys, planning this route from Delhi to Bangalore:

Delhi---- Jaipur Chittorgarh Dhule Shirdi Satara ---- Bangalore.

How are the roads on the stretch from Jaipur to Satara right now? Is the highway divided?

Leaving tomorrow morning.
Old 9th May 2017, 09:50   #97
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanmay K View Post
Guys, planning this route from Delhi to Bangalore:

Delhi---- Jaipur Chittorgarh Dhule Shirdi Satara ---- Bangalore.

How are the roads on the stretch from Jaipur to Satara right now? Is the highway divided?

Leaving tomorrow morning.
A friend drove Delhi Mangalore via this route only last week. Overall conditions in terms of roads are good to very good.

However, remember that Dhule - Shirdi - Ahmednagar - Shirur - Nira - Satara can be a tactful stretch to manage, especially when you have driven on GQ type roads mostly.

He reported too much or miscellaneous traffic between Dhule and Shirdi and even beyond Shirdi till Ahmednagar which was irritating.

As an alternate, you can actually do Dhule - Nashik - Thane - Pune - Satara. This will offer a peaceful drive with good 4/6 lane roads all the way to Satara.

With this, the only disadvantage would be to cross Mumbai (and as well Pune) but if you manage your timings well, Mumbai crossing should be easy and crossing Pune is a matter of one road called "Bypass" anyway.

Pune - Satara has been good since a while now even with the expansion work.

On the section between Ahmednagar - Satara that helps you avoid Pune completely, here is the update from my drive last month:

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
An update about Bypassing Pune without getting any closer to Pune:

Last edited by paragsachania : 9th May 2017 at 09:54.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2017, 23:50   #98
BHPian

I am planning a road trip from Bangalore to Delhi and returning. There are going to be 2 drivers and this is going to be first long road trip for both of us. We have done trips like Bangalore-Goa and Bangalore-Trivandrum before but nothing like this before.

While going I am considering the Golden Quadrilateral route with stops at Pune and Udaipur. Both these places have relatives where we could spend the night for free. In addition, this being our first long road trip, would be better not to immediately test our limits. So we would be reaching in 3 days, covering roughly 700-800 km every day.

While coming back, I think we can consider stretching a bit. Planning to leave Delhi early morning and reach Nagpur by the night. The second day, the remaining leg between Nagpur and Bangalore shall be covered.

Request your suggestions on road conditions, and how feasible these routes are, whether the 2 day return leg is a good idea. We both will be in a Honda Brio.
Old 21st September 2017, 10:50   #99
Mik
BHPian

This might not be too helpful for you since you have picked a different routebut here goes

I did a solo 2.5 days run on my 10 years old 220 last weekend from gurgaon to bangalore.

Day 1: 11.15 am to 9 pm
Gurgaon - Jaipur bypass (initially a bit patchy due to diversions rest is fine)
Jaipur bypass - kishangarh turn (all good)
Kishangarh - nasirabad -chittorgarh (decent roads with occasional potholes.traffic is an issue due to wrong side bikers and even carwallahs )
Chittorgarh - Neemuch (excellent to good roads. Jaywalkers and cows will keep you brake happy)

Day 2: 5.15 am - 8.15 pm
Neemuch - mandsaur -- fairly ok roads.
Mandsaur - mhow bypass -- 70% good and some nightmarish potholes.
Mhow bypass - sendhwa - malegaon
Mostly good roads but with lots of speed breakers which kill the fun in the minor ghat sections.

From malegaon you can take the shirdi road - ahmednagar road to enter pune or you can take malegaon- nashik and then nashik - pune highway.
Google maps screwed me over by taking me through chandwad and then numerous state highways and village roads. Strictly avoidable.
Nashik - pune -- first 140 km is a joy. Post alephata too many double lane road traffic pileups and diversions. What a killjoy!

Day 3: 11.15 am to 12.15 am pune to bangalore.

Nothing much to report. Till satara you get some diversions but post that it's awesome most of the way.
Mik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2017, 12:46   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autorahul View Post
While coming back, I think we can consider stretching a bit. Planning to leave Delhi early morning and reach Nagpur by the night. The second day, the remaining leg between Nagpur and Bangalore shall be covered.
Return is doable in 2 days. It will not be easy, but doable. You'll find bad roads only between Gwalior and Jhansi on the Delhi - Nagpur stretch. Take the Yamuna Expressway out of Delhi, to save on time and energy. We (2 drivers) did Gwalior to Nagpur in around 10.5 hours this April.

South of Nagpur, I think around 30 kms of stretch near Hinganghat is under construction and there is an unfinished railway overbridge that will slow you down. Good roads otherwise. It took us around 16 hours to cover this stretch, with lunch break.
Old 20th October 2017, 23:06   #101

Thank you all for all the information that has been shared here!

I am planning on driving solo from Gurgaon - Bangalore next week. Will be doing this in a 2011 Laura TSi with 77k KM on the clock and I plan on taking the GQ route with stops at Udaipur and Pune (I will spend an additional day at Pune before leaving to Bangalore). Any update on the road condition will be deeply appreciated.

A couple of questions:
-What precautions/checks do I need to take with the car?
I currently have no issues with the car (the base engine was replaced by Skoda in March this year, so it's practically brand new), brakes are fine and tyres are ~20K kms old. I've driven around 4k kms since the last service.

What additional tools/spares should I carry?
- Aside from the regular tool kit, spare tyre. Is a battery operated pressure pump/puncture repair kit necessary?

I am planning on the first stop at Udaipur and then drive to Pune on day 2. Would it be advisable to instead drive to Himmatnagar from Gurgaon on Day 1 and then Himmatnagar to Pune on Day 2?
- Sight seeing and other touristy activities are not important - I need to be in Bangalore on 30th October (Plan on starting from Gurgaon on 27/10).

Any suggestions for stay in Himmatnagar (I know Hotel Landmark is one) and amazing food stops along the way will be very very helpful! Passengers welcome too!

Thanks!
Old 27th May 2018, 17:39   #102
Senior - BHPian

Guys, what is the best possible option for a Bangalore-Delhi run? Doable in 2 days?
Old 27th May 2018, 18:14   #103
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Guys, what is the best possible option for a Bangalore-Delhi run? Doable in 2 days?
Via Hyderabad Nagpur is a possibility but will depend on how much you normally are able to cover in a single day.

Bangalore Nagpur takes around and 14 Hours, realistically. Nagpur Chindwara Narsingpur Jhansi Agra NOIDA another 14-15 Hours.

Apart from the fact that Jhansi Gwalior stretch still witnesses under construction work, and lesser and reliable facilties (good places to stop for food and bio breaks), rest all is favorable including the good roads in most of the section.

This one is a report till Nagpur from my drive less than a month back from Bangalore.

Bangalore to Nagpur Route conditions. (Bangalore to Nagpur : Route Queries)

Last edited by paragsachania : 27th May 2018 at 18:17.
paragsachania is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th May 2018, 19:22   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post

While it is not impossible, having driven several times from Gurgaon to Chennai over three days, I would suggest that it is better to do over 3 days. What may help you to consider doing the route in 2 days are:
1. You have more than two people who can drive on the route and they are well experienced in driving in night conditions. You need to ensure rotation of driving amongst those who drive and travel with you.
2. You leave very early in the morning (4.30/5 am) so that you can cover good distances early and also leave the important cities before the traffic kicks in.
3. Your vehicle is in excellent driving condition considering the high temps prevailing right now across North India.
4. You and/or your friends know the entire route well. This is very important as you should not get stuck inside the cities that would delay your trip. Ex. Exiting Agra. I always prefer to do go via Nagpur, Chindwara, Narsinghpur, Sagar route and not the Nagpur Seoni route.
5. Stay in Hotel (s) close to the highway so that you save time. We have always stayed in Hotel Deepali Reaidency Close to the highway in Sagar. Fantastic place to stay. Getting in and getting out is easy.
Could not think of more points immediately.
Krishnan V G is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th May 2018, 17:33   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Via Hyderabad Nagpur is a possibility but will depend on how much you normally are able to cover in a single day.
Thanks Parag. I have done Bangalore-Nagpur in a single stretch multiple times and Bangalore-Raipur (approx 1400 km) in a single run couple of times.

Quote:
Bangalore Nagpur takes around and 14 Hours, realistically. Nagpur Chindwara Narsingpur Jhansi Agra NOIDA another 14-15 Hours.
If the NGP-DEL stretch is comparable to the BLR-HYD-NGP one (in terms of road conditions) then BLR-DEL seems doable in 2 days with a stop at Nagpur. What do you think?

Quote:
Apart from the fact that Jhansi Gwalior stretch still witnesses under construction work, and lesser and reliable facilties (good places to stop for food and bio breaks), rest all is favorable including the good roads in most of the section.
Should be okay since these will be solo drives or at best, an all-boys drive, not a family drive for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishnan V G View Post
While it is not impossible, having driven several times from Gurgaon to Chennai over three days, I would suggest that it is better to do over 3 days
Thanks Krishnan. This drive is planned for Sept/Oct timeframe so heat should not be an issue.

The more I think about it, the more I lean towards doing it over 3 days. What would be a good itinerary for a 3-day drive?

Most Viewed