Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2019, 08:02   #136
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Delhi to Bangalore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
I was checking alternatives to the JHS-GWL stretch and one option that comes to mind is going via Shivpuri (get off NH44 at Jhansi, drive to Shivpuri and rejoin NH44 at Gwalior). It is an extra 100 km. Worth it?
Here is something I need to tell you. A colleague drove Noida Bangalore via Nagpur last weekend in his Ecosport.

He started from Noida at 0600 and was at Nagpur at 2130. When asked about Jhansi Gwalior, he mentioned it not to be that bad at all despite of crossing this during the day when there will be a lot of misc traffic as well.

He was a first timer on this stretch and him mentioning this means the stretch *may* have improved.
paragsachania is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st July 2019, 21:32   #137
BHPian

Bengaluru to Delhi Query

This week I plan to take the following route from Bengaluru to Delhi (AH43)
Bengaluru - Hyderabad - Nagpur - Sagar - Jhansi - Gwalior - Agra - Delhi

I have travelled Delhi - Bengaluru via Maharashtra, Rajasthan (Udaipur, Jaipur) few times (though long route) but this is the first time beyond Hyderabad.

Need advise on the route from Nagpur - Sagar - Jhansi - Gwalior specifically
(a) how safe is driving on the highway on this route
(b) any sections that I need to be careful about
(c) driving this sector in the morning hours, say starting from Nagpur after 7 am.

Thanks in advance for any tips.
vittal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2019, 20:43   #138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vittal View Post

A. This route is safe to drive. Have driven several times but not in the nights.
B. Jhansi to Gwalior section has lots of diversions, construction and speed breakers with locals driving like crazy. Drive carefully. Don't have a ber recent update on this section.
C. Better to leave early. The distance to be covered is fairly long. I would prefer to leave by 5 am. If you are driving from Nagpur to Sagar by the Chindwara route, you have got ghat sections to cross, and the not so good Jhansi to Gwalior section too to go past. Better to get to the Yamuna Expressway at the Agra end before it's dark.

Last edited by ampere : 2nd February 2020 at 20:41. Reason: compacted quoted post
Krishnan V G is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2019, 20:02   #139
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bengaluru to Delhi Query

Quote:
Originally Posted by vittal View Post
Bengaluru - Hyderabad - Nagpur - Sagar - Jhansi - Gwalior - Agra - Delhi
Are you planning to do this in 2 days, breaking at Nagpur?

Also, please do post your experience and route updates post your drive. I will be doing this route later in the year.
cool_dube is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2019, 08:24   #140
BHPian

While coming from Gwalior which route should I take for Manali ? The Agra bypass-NH19-Mathura-Eastern peripheral expressway route which completely bypasses Agra and Delhi or the Yamuna expressway for which one has to enter Agra city and Noida.
Old 27th July 2019, 19:40   #141
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomraven99 View Post
While coming from Gwalior which route should I take for Manali ? The Agra bypass-NH19-Mathura-Eastern peripheral expressway route which completely bypasses Agra and Delhi or the Yamuna expressway for which one has to enter Agra city and Noida.

I have taken Agra - Delhi route and didn't face any issues. Even as per google timing, Delhi route is quicker.
Old 13th August 2019, 07:48   #142
BHPian

Did this route recently from Ladakh to Kerala
Agra to Gwalior. Lots of truck traffic. Cows,cows and more cows on the roads,dividers and everywhere. Do this route in daytime. No bypass for Morena town
Gwalior to Jhansi. Most of the section has been laid. Sure there are a few diversions but easily manageable in early morning hours. Locals here drive like lunatics. And do not forget the cows.
Jhansi to Seoni. Excellent roads throughout. Cow traffic will decrease.
Seoni to Nagpur Bypass. Road construction happening in the forest section with minor jams due to truck traffic.
Nagpur Bypass to Hyderabad. Good roads throughout except for few bad patches near MH border.

Not much food/staying options for this long stretch. However it is much quicker than the Mumbai-Jaipur route
tomraven99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2020, 14:58   #143
BHPian

Hi Folks,

Looking for guidance on best (fastest) route to drive from Delhi to Bangalore. This a not a leisure trip but a trip due to sort of medical emergency. One of the passengers is going to be someone who is ineligible to fly (advanced dementia, agitation/somewhat violent). This is a long-term move so I'd be driving their car, an Etios Liva (8yr old) petrol model, with the passengers and some luggage -- vehicle would be fully loaded.

I think I'd need to consider a daily 10-12hr drive due to patient condition, usually 7:30am-7:30/8:00pm, with 2-3 stops (toilet/food). Appreciate the community's inputs on:
- Fastest route (as mentioned earlier), but not at the cost of safety and cannot afford to take rough-roads
- Possible pit-stops (clean toilets, eateries) and night-halts
- Specific do's and don'ts on such a trip (if anyone has ideas or experience)
- How much is the estimated 1-way toll ? S.t. I can buy and charge a FASTag appropriately !
- Any specific things to keep in mind to get the Etios Liva serviced, given that it is now an oldie and used only for in-city driving for short-distances, but driven almost daily, never the less.
- What things could be done to make journey comfortable for patient (avoid jerks/jolts) ?
- Finally, since this is likely a long-term (permanent) move for the Etios Liva car as well, which probably will have to be re-registered in Bangalore, what all documents, RTO paperwork do I need to prepare for it before driving it here ?

cheers,
f74

Last edited by bdutta : 30th January 2020 at 15:01. Reason: clarifications
Old 4th March 2020, 22:31   #144
BHPian

Re: The mega "Road Updates" thread

Team,

I am planning a Road Trip from Bangalore to Delhi in 2nd week of April 2020.

I shall be travelling with Wify and 2 Kids. Relative Couple will join in Pune for the trip. The Beast - HEXA XTA 6 seater will be the ride for the journey.

The Probable route is mentioned below - Would need inputs and suggestions to improve the overall experience of the drive.

1. Day 1 - Bangalore to Pune - Night halt!
2. Day 2 - Pune to Aurangabad - site - seeing Ajanta+Ellora+ Bibi Ka maqbara -- Night Stay. (If poosible to cover Shani Mandir on the way.
3. Day 3 - Aurangabad - Indore Via - Dhule - Khandwa. - Site Seeing Night Stay.
4 Day 4 - Stay in Indore - Site Seeing. (optional)
5 Day 5 - Indore - Gwalior -Stay in Gwalior - Site Seeing, Any suggestion on sites of Importance on the route that is worth a visit?
6. Day 6 - Gwaliore - Agra - Delhi (Dwarka) - Trip to Tajmahal on the way
7. Day 7,8,9 At Delhi
8. Day 10, 11, 12 - Delhi - to Bangalore - via Jaipur, Kota, Mumbai

The trip is planned with Maximum driving of not more than 10 hrs and mostly in Day.

Let me know if this is doable comfortably and whether any changes needs to be done .

Thanks

Manish
Old 5th March 2020, 01:51   #145
Senior - BHPian

Re: The mega "Road Updates" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaNishi View Post
Bangalore to Delhi in 2nd week of April 2020.
If eventual intention of Day 2 is Aurangabad, then no point doing Pune. Take Hospet-Bijapur-Solapur-Osmanabad-Beed route. Check this post of mine from Jan. You should be able to do Bijapur in 8 hours, if you can 2-3 hours more, can do Solapur on day 1. Note: Bijapur-Solapur needs some patience . If you do Solapur on day 1, you can do Ellora, Bibi on day 2 and stay Aurangabad that day. Ajanta is ruled out going by your plan, it is 100 km away and road is in tatters.

Please plan for delays at Kannad on Day 3, roads leading into Kannad ghat are WIP as well. Took me about 9-10 hrs for Aurangabad-Dhule-Indore. Get ready for cultural shock in Dhule-Indore after driving Solapur-Aurangabad

For return, Kota is not in the GQ route. If your intention was to do Garadia Mahadev, factor that in the onward Indore-Gwalior drive. You can consider NS corridor for return, where a 3 day 10 hour-ish drive is possible. GQ will take more driving time.
narayans80 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2020, 13:41   #146
BHPian

Hi Bhpians,

Going to Drive down my one-month-old Harrier from Delhi to Bangalore.

The plan is to leave around 9 am from Ghaziabad in order to avoid driving in foggy conditions and reach Sagar by the end of day one.

Next day will try to complete Sagar to Bangalore even if I have to drive past dusk as well.

Do let me know if you know of any decent stay options near Sagar and any other suggestions will be highly welcomed.

Route:

Ghaziabad - Agra - Gwalior - Jhansi - Sagar - Nagpur - Hyderabad - Bangalore.
Old 2nd January 2021, 19:37   #147
BHPian

Drove down to Bangalore from Faridabad/NCR and back.

Delhi to Bangalore NH44:
Day 1: Started on 25th Dec 3 AM , took yamuna expressway, agra, gwalior/jhansi bypass-- reached Sagar at 1130AM--continued and reached a Hotel Adi at nagpur at 530 PM.

Roads are mostly 4 laned; good roads, av. speed 100kmph excluding certain sections where speed would be 70-80kmph in vicinity of towns/villages.
Be extremely careful of cattle on roads in UP/MP

Day 2: after overnight stay at Nagpur, left for Bangalore at 8AM and reached Hotel Icon at ~11PM
Roads continued to be good but speed impacted at times by trucks.

Bangalore to Delhi via Daman
On return I took NH48/8 with a quick detour to Daman to spend sometime at a beach

Day 1: Started from Marathahalli on 31st Dec at 7AM reached Thane, Mumbai (exit side on NH 48) at 11 PM

Day 2: On jan 1st, drove to nearby Daman at 830 AM and exited Daman at 130PM, reached Faridabad/NCR on 2nd Jan at 9AM
Local GJ traffic that uses NH48 is very heavy and along with thousands of trucks to company the drive was frustrating till 5PM. To gain on time, took exit towards Godhra/bypass instead of going to Ahmedabad and joined NH48 back 100kms before Udaipur.
Crossed Udaipur at 11PM, Ajmer 3AM, Jaipur 430 AM and reached home at 9AM. Close to an hour was spend in detour near Rewari due to farmers' protest.

I recommend night driving on NH48 esp. on Mum-Del leg as drive experience on NH48 in day time is no different than state highway with all the extremely dense trucks and local state commuters.

Fastag worked fine all through out.
wangdu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2021, 11:15   #148
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wangdu View Post
Drove down to Bangalore from Faridabad/NCR and back.

Delhi to Bangalore NH44:
Day 1: Started on 25th Dec 3 AM , took yamuna expressway, agra, gwalior/jhansi bypass-- reached Sagar at 1130AM--continued and reached a Hotel Adi at nagpur at 530 PM.

Roads are mostly 4 laned; good roads, av. speed 100kmph excluding certain sections where speed would be 70-80kmph in vicinity of towns/villages.
Be extremely careful of cattle on roads in UP/MP

Day 2: after overnight stay at Nagpur, left for Bangalore at 8AM and reached Hotel Icon at ~11PM
Roads continued to be good but speed impacted at times by trucks.

Bangalore to Delhi via Daman
On return I took NH48/8 with a quick detour to Daman to spend sometime at a beach

Day 1: Started from Marathahalli on 31st Dec at 7AM reached Thane, Mumbai (exit side on NH 48) at 11 PM

Day 2: On jan 1st, drove to nearby Daman at 830 AM and exited Daman at 130PM, reached Faridabad/NCR on 2nd Jan at 9AM
Local GJ traffic that uses NH48 is very heavy and along with thousands of trucks to company the drive was frustrating till 5PM. To gain on time, took exit towards Godhra/bypass instead of going to Ahmedabad and joined NH48 back 100kms before Udaipur.
Crossed Udaipur at 11PM, Ajmer 3AM, Jaipur 430 AM and reached home at 9AM. Close to an hour was spend in detour near Rewari due to farmers' protest.

I recommend night driving on NH48 esp. on Mum-Del leg as drive experience on NH48 in day time is no different than state highway with all the extremely dense trucks and local state commuters.

Fastag worked fine all through out.
Hi, would it possible to give exact details of the route you took (especially the MP leg in terms of road condition etc.)?
I am planning a Delhi to Bangalore next week and am a bit unsure about the MP route since I have never travelled in the State. My alternative is the Udaipur/Godhra Bypass/Mumbai/Bangalore which I am familiar with but is longer.
I anyway dont plan to do it in 2 days, most likely 3 or 4
Old 3rd January 2021, 16:09   #149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by superutp View Post
Hi, would it possible to give exact details of the route you took (especially the MP leg in terms of road condition etc.)?
I am planning a Delhi to Bangalore next week and am a bit unsure about the MP route since I have never travelled in the State. My alternative is the Udaipur/Godhra Bypass/Mumbai/Bangalore which I am familiar with but is longer.
I anyway dont plan to do it in 2 days, most likely 3 or 4
After agra I used bypass only; bypassing gwalior and Jhansi and then to sagar, narsinghpur, chindwara and to nagpur.

You can stay at Sagar in hotel Deepali where others here have stayed. YouTube videos say highly about this hotel as well. Then you can take night halt at Nagpur and Kurnool before reaching Bangalore.

Roads are good 2 lane each way. Just be careful of cattle esp around gwalior and Jhansi. After that it's fine. The dreaded Adilapur and nagpur stretch is pretty good as well. I traveled on this stretch back in 2010 and it was horrible but not now.

Stock up on food as there are very few options if any for family restaurants for most part after Agra till Nagpur.

Let me know if you need more info.

Last edited by wangdu : 3rd January 2021 at 16:21.
wangdu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2021, 17:15   #150
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wangdu View Post
After agra I used bypass only; bypassing gwalior and Jhansi and then to sagar, narsinghpur, chindwara and to nagpur.

You can stay at Sagar in hotel Deepali where others here have stayed. YouTube videos say highly about this hotel as well. Then you can take night halt at Nagpur and Kurnool before reaching Bangalore.

Roads are good 2 lane each way. Just be careful of cattle esp around gwalior and Jhansi. After that it's fine. The dreaded Adilapur and nagpur stretch is pretty good as well. I traveled on this stretch back in 2010 and it was horrible but not now.

Stock up on food as there are very few options if any for family restaurants for most part after Agra till Nagpur.

Let me know if you need more info.
Thanks for the info.
On gmaps the route suggested is narsingpur>seoni>nagpur while you have mentioned narsingpur>chindwara>nagpur. Any reason for that?
I am still wondering whether to do a 3 day or 4 day. I only plan to drive in the day time and max 750 kms in a day
So if its a 4 day then it would be 1st stop Jhansi then Nagpur then Hyderabad which is quite easy. But for a 3 day it could be Sagar then somewhere before Hyderabad (not sure where). Any suggestions for this in order to keep driving distance not more than 750 in a day?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks