Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd January 2021, 18:44   #151
Senior - BHPian

Re: Delhi to Bangalore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by superutp View Post
somewhere before Hyderabad (not sure where). Any suggestions for this in order to keep driving distance not more than 750 in a day?
Only town with entry level options would be Adilabad, if that's your cuppa. Otherwise you should push to Hyderabad, where you'll get stay options in every range.

Quote:
On gmaps the route suggested is narsingpur>seoni>nagpur while you have mentioned narsingpur>chindwara>nagpur
Seoni route is preferred even though its in WIP for 4-laning, because you can use the Nagpur bypass. For the Chindwara route you'll have to enter the city.
narayans80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2021, 22:01   #152
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the info.
On gmaps the route suggested is narsingpur>seoni>nagpur while you have mentioned narsingpur>chindwara>nagpur. Any reason for that?
I am still wondering whether to do a 3 day or 4 day. I only plan to drive in the day time and max 750 kms in a day
So if its a 4 day then it would be 1st stop Jhansi then Nagpur then Hyderabad which is quite easy. But for a 3 day it could be Sagar then somewhere before Hyderabad (not sure where). Any suggestions for this in order to keep driving distance not more than 750 in a day?
Ah my bad, it was Seoni route I took and all good road quality wise; just some slow traffic at certain sections due to sugar cane loaded tractors.

Because we are fresh in the first leg, start early and target for Sagar (750kms or so) on 1st day I'd recommend. (I started from faridabad at 3AM and crossed sagar at 1130AM).
Next day, because of good roads now between Nagpur to Adilabad, you can target hyderabad from Sagar - 850 odd kms. A small section entering nagpur is WIP but time lost can be easily gained soon after.
And on 3rd day, hyd to blr.

If we take few & quick breaks and drive slightly spiritedly, we do distances much sooner than what gmap shows.
wangdu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2021, 22:16   #153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wangdu View Post
Drove down to Bangalore from Faridabad/NCR and back.

Delhi to Bangalore NH44:
Day 1: Started on 25th Dec 3 AM , took yamuna expressway, agra, gwalior/jhansi bypass-- reached Sagar at 1130AM--continued and reached a Hotel Adi at nagpur at 530 PM.

Roads are mostly 4 laned; good roads, av. speed 100kmph excluding certain sections where speed would be 70-80kmph in vicinity of towns/villages.
Be extremely careful of cattle on roads in UP/MP
Planning to do this and stay at Nagpur but was thinking of breaking the journey into 2 days. But after seeing your post I am gaining confidence to do the leg in one day. I have few questions:
1. Did your encounter fog while on Yamuna expressway.
2. Did you stop in between for break fast and lunch and how long were the halts.
3. Also, are the toilets in fuel pumps operational, as I did hear from some riders that many are closed due to covid associated health risks.
rajeshchand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2021, 23:08   #154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeshchand View Post
Planning to do this and stay at Nagpur but was thinking of breaking the journey into 2 days. But after seeing your post I am gaining confidence to do the leg in one day. I have few questions:
2. Did you stop in between for break fast and lunch and how long were the halts.
3. Also, are the toilets in fuel pumps operational, as I did hear from some riders that many are closed due to covid associated health risks.
#1 Yes, dense but only at a some spots for a few tens of meters not more. In my experience it's early/mid Jan when it gets scary in North so it's now one needs to be careful. Further down near Gwalior it got a bit more intense but nothing that's unmanageable.
#2 Nope. My family of 4 (wide & 2 kids) had stocked up a lot on food that we ate in bits to avoid any sickness. Reg. halts, I didn't stop for first 500kms (except for fuel in Agra city) and there after only to tank up or quick 5-10 mins kind of breaks. No longish breaks like for typical lunch; I was a driver possessed :P
#3 Almost all pumps were operational but didn't use the toilets there.
wangdu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2021, 17:00   #155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wangdu View Post
Ah my bad, it was Seoni route I took and all good road quality wise; just some slow traffic at certain sections due to sugar cane loaded tractors.

Because we are fresh in the first leg, start early and target for Sagar (750kms or so) on 1st day I'd recommend. (I started from faridabad at 3AM and crossed sagar at 1130AM).
Next day, because of good roads now between Nagpur to Adilabad, you can target hyderabad from Sagar - 850 odd kms. A small section entering nagpur is WIP but time lost can be easily gained soon after.
And on 3rd day, hyd to blr.

If we take few & quick breaks and drive slightly spiritedly, we do distances much sooner than what gmap shows.
Thanks, most likely going for a 3 nighter, also possibly may have to delay start owing to fog so this makes sense for the first day atleast.

Quote:
When are you planning this journey? Do keep us updated
Old 4th January 2021, 21:43   #156
BHPian

Quote:
When are you planning this journey? Do keep us updated
This weekend. And the plan:

Day 1 - Start at 2.30 pm from Delhi via Yamuna Expressway and reach Gwalior by 9.
Day 2 - Start at 10 am from Gwalior and reach Nagpur via Jhansi Sagar Pench by 7 pm
Day 3 - Start at 10 and reach Hyderabad by 6

And Bangalore will be done after a days gap to catch up with relatives in Hyderabad.

Will be on a Pajero Automatic 2017 with 32k on ODO.

Last edited by rajeshchand : 4th January 2021 at 21:44.
Old 4th January 2021, 22:17   #157
BHPian

Quote:
This weekend. And the plan:

Day 1 - Start at 2.30 pm from Delhi via Yamuna Expressway and reach Gwalior by 9.
Day 2 - Start at 10 am from Gwalior and reach Nagpur via Jhansi Sagar Pench by 7 pm
Day 3 - Start at 10 and reach Hyderabad by 6

And Bangalore will be done after a days gap to catch up with relatives in Hyderabad.

Will be on a Pajero Automatic 2017 with 32k on ODO.
Great, I am going to be starting on Friday morning from Delhi. Have a safe trip
Old 13th January 2021, 11:24   #158
BHPian

Hello everyone,
concluded my 4 days Delhi to Bangalore trip. Brief details below:

Day 1: 8th Jan - Chanakyapuri (Delhi) to Nataraj Sarovar Portico (Jhansi)
Distance- 448kms
Route- Greater Noida/Expressway/Agra/Gwalior Bypass/Jhansi
Total Time Taken- 7hrs 23 mins (Start time 750am) including ~1 hr stop time
Till agra the journey was smooth because of the expressway. To proceed to Jhansi, the route was through Agra and its probably because I entered Agra during busy day time hours, crossing the city took almost an hour. Otherwise smooth roads and limited traffic otherwise. I was scared of Fog, but there was hardly any. Stayed at Nataraj Sarovar Portico which is decent enough.

Day 2: 9th Jan- Nataraj Sarovar Portico (Jhansi) to Hotel Airport Center Point (Nagpur)
Distance- 627 kms
Route- Nataraj Sarovar Portico/Sagar/Narsinghpur/Seoni/Nagpur Bypass/Back into Nagpur to reach the Hotel
Time Taken- 7 hrs 49 mins (Start Time 810am) including ~1 hr stop time
As you can calculate I did this leg pretty quick. Initially I was very skeptical about the MP route and had asked fellow teambhpians about the route. But it turned out to be a delight (except for the exit of Jhansi which had bad roads for a few kms). Smooth 4 lane roads and limited traffic made for a quick journey through MP. The only part which had slower avg speeds was before Nagpur where some WIP is going on. But overall it was a fun route. Hotel was ok, a bit crowded owing to some weddings and the parking was far away.

Day 3: 10th Jan- Hotel Airport Center Point (Nagpur) to Hotel Lemon Tree Premier (Hyderabad)
Distance- 494 kms
Route- Nagpur/Adilabad/Nirmal/Hyderabad Hitec city
Time Taken- 6 hrs 44 mins (Start time 810 am) including ~1 hr stop time
Another fairly quick journey because the roads were decent enough (mostly 4 lane, smooth surface). Even though there was some traffic, especially slow trucks trying to overtake each other, managed to make quick progress. Entered hyderabad through narrow routes (google maps route) but the traffic wasnt that bad.

Day 4: 11th Jan- Hotel Lemon Tree Premier (Hyderabad) to Bellandur (Bangalore)
Distance- 588 kms
Route- ORR/Kurnool/Anantapur/Hebbal/ORR
Time taken- 8 hrs 35 mins (Start time 820 am) including 1.5 hrs stop time
Except for some part before Kurnool both in terms of traffic and road, the journey was smooth. Can be easily done faster if you leave early in the morning as I did find fair amount of traffic throughout the journey. Otherwise the journey was decent, Bangalore traffic was a lot less than what I remember probably because of the pandemic and WFH impact.

Overall, 4 days is probably unnecessary, a 3 day'er would have also suited fine but I could figure out the 2nd night stop. A 2 day'er done by BHPians here is quite insane for me though. No stops or checks throughout the journey. Fastag worked properly throughout.
Total Distance: 2157 kms
Total Time: 30 hrs 31 mins
Avg Speed: ~70kmph
Thanks for all the help and inputs from this thread. If anybody wants more details feel free to post here or PM.
From a car perspective, the Cruze AT performed beautifully. It was my wife and me along with boot & backseat full of household stuff. The highway cruising of the diesel engine is amazing and just makes the journey much easier. FE was around 15.5kmpl day 1, 14 kmpl day 2, 14.5kmpl day 3 and 13.8kmpl day 4. An avg of 14-14.5 kmpl is quite decent considering the performance at hand.

Last edited by superutp : 13th January 2021 at 11:26.
superutp is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th January 2021, 11:38   #159
BHPian

Did Delhi to Kerala and I will give the details of drive till Bangalore.

Day 1: Delhi to Gwalior, started at 4pm from Delhi and reached Gwalior through YEW Agra. Road throughout was excellent except that I encountered rain and slight fog in the night. Reached Gwalior at 10.30pm

Day 2: Gwalior to Nagpur, started at 11.30am and reached Nagpur at 9.30 pm. All through roads were good and 4 lanes except for few Kms inside Pench where the 4 Laning is in progress. But traffic was sparse hence was able to keep the average speed high.

Day 3: Nagpur to Hyderabad, started at 2pm and reached Hyderabad at 9.30 pm. Roads all through 4 laned and excellent except for 3 diversions closer to Nagpur where bridges bypassing towns are under construction.

Day 4: Hyderabad to Alleppey via Bangalore, started at night 9.30, reached Bangalore at 6 in the morning. Stayed back for 4 hours at Bangalore to freshen up and then started at 10 am again to Alleppey and reached destination at 7.30pm

All through the drive roads were excellent except for few places where the roads were traveling through town (but bridges are being built so it's just a matter of 6 month-1 year). Everywhere the NH travels above the town so the average speed of travel has increased from when I traveled 7 years back.

Used paytm fastag and never had to roll down window at any toll. All through the drive fastag made toll crossing seamless.

The vehicle was Pajero Sport Automatic and returned a fuel economy of 10 kmpl for the 2737 km trip. The vehicle was fully loaded including the carrier as we were even carrying linens for hotel stay, so the additional weight would have pulled down FE to quite an extent.

Last edited by rajeshchand : 19th January 2021 at 11:47.
rajeshchand is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st February 2021, 12:38   #160
Senior - BHPian

Can you guys post restaurant's you guys used during your travel? And of course were they good?
Old 1st February 2021, 13:01   #161
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Can you guys post restaurant's you guys used during your travel? And of course were they good?
Few of them which I have recommended to my colleagues who majorly drove to NCR and Uttarakhand post lifting of restrictions on interstate travel. Since most would leave at 0400 from Bangalore, had given limited choices till Hyderabad which have more than these anyway:
paragsachania is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th April 2021, 14:39   #162

Hi,

I am planning to drive from Bangalore to Delhi on the 13th of April. Given the increasing curbs due to the rise in number of COVID cases, I will get an RT-PCR test done on the 12th to have the report handy. My plan is to only halt for the night in Nagpur. However, wanted to check if anyone on the forum is aware of challenges I might face at state border crossings.

Does it warrant looking at alternate route options skipping MH? If so, what would be my options?

Thanks in advance!
Old 6th May 2021, 22:53   #163
BHPian

Quote:

Total Distance: 2157 kms
Total Time: 30 hrs 31 mins
Avg Speed: ~70kmph
Thank you so much for the wonderful travelogue, much appreciated!

Do you happen to remember the total toll cost via Paytm fastag? If you can kindly download statement and let me know the amount that will be most helpful.

I did use the NHAI website to calculate the toll between two stations, but it's quite rubbish and never gives you the figure & just keeps spinning.

Can you confirm if the Nagpur ->> seoni road is in good condition right now?
A few of my colleagues told me that it is still in WIP, but am not sure this would be my first drive towards the golden quadrilateral

Last edited by 1985Darkkid85 : 6th May 2021 at 22:55.
Old 8th May 2021, 22:04   #164
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1985Darkkid85 View Post
Thank you so much for the wonderful travelogue, much appreciated!

Do you happen to remember the total toll cost via Paytm fastag? If you can kindly download statement and let me know the amount that will be most helpful.

I did use the NHAI website to calculate the toll between two stations, but it's quite rubbish and never gives you the figure & just keeps spinning.

A few of my colleagues told me that it is still in WIP, but am not sure this would be my first drive towards the golden quadrilateral
Sorry but im not too sure of the toll costs because I used a mix of 2 of my Fast tags and never really got into finally calculating the total amount.

As for the Seoni route, I dont know the current situation however, when I travelled in Jan, once you start entering the forest area after Seoni and just before Nagpur, is when the road is WIP, but it wasnt that bad and doesnt last too long. I was also skeptical as it was also the first time I was travelling this route, but I found the MP leg of the journey quite nice.
Old 9th May 2021, 08:09   #165
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1985Darkkid85 View Post
Nagour - Seoni section is all done, there was a diversion due to road work few month back from what I too jad heard. However, as of now the work is done, hence no worries.

There are couple of small sections, else nothing. While driving towards Nagpur, after a small WIP section just before Nagpur byepass starts look out for speed check.

Also, this section comes as part of North - South corridor, not GQ.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks