Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2021, 16:11   #166
Senior - BHPian

Re: Delhi to Bangalore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by superutp View Post
Overall, 4 days is probably unnecessary, a 3 day'er would have also suited fine
Agree. I did Bangalore-Delhi in 3 days (back in 2019) with pit stops at Nagpur and Jhansi. Bangalore-Nagpur (or other way round) is doable in a day, provided one starts the journey in early hours of the morning, which might not always be possible if staying at a hotel. From there on, Nagpur-Jhansi and Jhansi-Delhi are easily doable within a day each. I do remember quite a few WIP sections through Pench NP (Nagpur-Seoni) which seem to have been completed for the most part by now (going by reports on this thread).

Only pain point of the drive was the pathetic approach from NH44 to Yamuna Expressway at Agra, wherein I had to get quite a bit inside the city to get on to the Expressway. Not sure if that has been taken care of, yet. If so, it would further reduce the journey time.

PS: If the proposed Delhi-Mumbai expressway sees the light of the day, Bangalore-Delhi will be a 2-day affair for many!

Last edited by cool_dube : 9th May 2021 at 16:16.
cool_dube is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2021, 18:26   #167
BHPian

Folks, what's the best route for two wheelers (RE Himalayan) to bypass Hyderabad enroute to Delhi. As two wheelers are banned in Hyderabad ORR.

Option 1 : Through Hyderabad city

Option 2 : Looking at alternatives in Google maps, thinking of : Shadnagar - Shankarpalle - Sangareddy - Narsapur - Nagulaplly (Link)

Option 3 : Anything else?
Old 4th June 2021, 17:13   #168
BHPian

A friend will be driving from Bangalore to Delhi in the next week in an XUV. Since he's driving alone, he wanted to tag along some other car. He's got his own car, all he needs is company, along the way, of trusted people in another car. Do ping me back if a member will be travelling and won't mind another car tagging along, like in a convoy. Thanks!
black_rider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2021, 20:30   #169
BHPian

Planning to travel from Blr to Delhi in the coming week. Planning to take Hyd-NGP-Jhansi route. Need help on epass/rtpcr requirements on this route. I have searched through various news websites but not able to get definite answers. Some of the information is quite dated and hence not sure if it still applies.

Here is what I am able to gather, please add/correct the information.
  1. KA exit: No special ePass is required, as long as any other state epass is there cops dont generally give a grief
  2. AP: ePass to be taken from this site. But this doesnt have option of 'transit' as movement type. RTPcr apparently is not required
  3. TS: ePass from TS police website to be taken. RTPcr not required
  4. MH: RTPcr required, ePass requirement actually depends on district level categorisation. To be safe one should get ePass
  5. MP : No restrictions as such. Weekend curfew exists, not sure what that means. Since Jhansi is a potential night halt location, hence need to understand the impact of weekend curfew
  6. UP/HR: No restrictions.

Last edited by sameerg : 17th June 2021 at 20:32.
sameerg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2021, 15:22   #170
BHPian

Update on BLR-Delhi (Gurgaon) Travel

Finished the trip yesterday

Route: BLR -> Hyderabad -> Nagpur -> Seoni -> Sagar -> Jhansi -> Gwalior -> Mathura -> KMP Peripheral Road -> Gurgaon

RT-PCR checking was only done in Maharashtra at Telanghana-Maharashtra border; although, the cop barely looked at it - it could very well have been any printout. The cop took a better look at RC and License and actually matched the car registration number.

Most of the highway till Sagar had largely excellent road surface and was basically deserted except for few trucks and I was confused if I missed from lock down or travel restriction advisory. Route after Sagar is a different matter though. People elsewhere on this forum weren't kidding about cattle on road and lack of road sense among jaywalkers and bikers. Watch out for grumpy and bored cows looking for some adventure on the road.

Also, look out for alloy wheel shattering pot holes before Nagpur.

Total Distance: 2160kms
Approx Fuel Consumption: 17.3kmpl (Hyundai Tucson GLS 4WD)
Night Stay: 1. Hyderabad 2. Nagpur 3. Jhansi

In retrospect, Hyderabad-Gurgaon could have been a two day affair by planning a stay in Sagar.

Happy to take questions, if any, about this route.

PS: Hyderabad to Sagar is absolutely stunning in this weather
needmorebhp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2021, 14:21   #171

Did anyone face difficulties because of flooding? And also is GQ better in terms of drainage and general trip quality?
Old 4th August 2021, 01:00   #172

Planning to drive from Bangalore to Delhi on the Independence day weekend 14 - 15 Aug 2021. Would be great to connect with other people looking to tag along in their cars as a convoy. Please ping me if anyone is interested. Thanks!
Old 14th August 2021, 15:57   #173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by needmorebhp View Post
Update on BLR-Delhi (Gurgaon) Travel

Finished the trip yesterday

Route: BLR -> Hyderabad -> Nagpur -> Seoni -> Sagar -> Jhansi -> Gwalior -> Mathura -> KMP Peripheral Road -> Gurgaon

RT-PCR checking was only done in Maharashtra at Telanghana-Maharashtra border; although, the cop barely looked at it - it could very well have been any printout. The cop took a better look at RC and License and actually matched the car registration number.

Most of the highway till Sagar had largely excellent road surface and was basically deserted except for few trucks and I was confused if I missed from lock down or travel restriction advisory. Route after Sagar is a different matter though. People elsewhere on this forum weren't kidding about cattle on road and lack of road sense among jaywalkers and bikers. Watch out for grumpy and bored cows looking for some adventure on the road.

Also, look out for alloy wheel shattering pot holes before Nagpur.

Total Distance: 2160kms
Approx Fuel Consumption: 17.3kmpl (Hyundai Tucson GLS 4WD)
Night Stay: 1. Hyderabad 2. Nagpur 3. Jhansi

In retrospect, Hyderabad-Gurgaon could have been a two day affair by planning a stay in Sagar.

Happy to take questions, if any, about this route.

PS: Hyderabad to Sagar is absolutely stunning in this weather
MH cops looking at papers closely isn't new, have prior experience with them while driving to Shirdi. Keep some petty cash always, surely they won't accept paytm or gpay

Where did you stay at jhansi, are there decent accommodation options?
Old 23rd August 2021, 00:34   #174

I am planning to drive down to Noida from Bangalore with my family in the third week of September. I am planning to take the Hyderabad-Nagpur-Gwalior route. I am hoping to do it in three halts. 1) Hyderabad 2) Nagpur 3) Gwalior
Need some suggestions on the following

1) How are the roads after Sagar? How much time should I estimate for Nagpur to Gwalior. I plan to start early but want to drive in a relaxed manner

2) Good/premium hotels which are not too far from the highway.
Old 13th October 2021, 07:47   #175
Senior - BHPian

Friends,

I plan to drive from Delhi to Kochi next week. I've gone through this thread(last update on this was 23 rd August). Has anyone done this route very recently?

Looking for information on whether travel pass is required to enter MH, MP, AP and TG. I'm fully vaccinated, so is my co passenger. Thanks in anticipation.

Last edited by Bibendum90949 : 13th October 2021 at 07:53.
Old 22nd October 2021, 12:45   #176
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibendum90949 View Post
I plan to drive from Delhi to Kochi next week.
If you are taking the western route RJ and MH->KA will need RT-PCR. If you are taking N-S corridor you should be fine with double vax. If you are with a KL vehicle, better to have RT-PCR handy.
narayans80 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2021, 01:30   #177
BHPian

I did a recent trip from Bangalore to Roorkee on 5th Nov to 7th Nov

Day 1: Started at 4am from Whitefield on Diwali night and took the Budigere route to reach Devanhalli. Pathetic roads as usual and it was raining as well on with lots of puddles. Somehow reached Devanhalli NH44 at 5am. From that point , kept driving till 6pm before staying for the night at Nagpure (Batiburi ) Hotel Mayur. Total two breaks of 15 mins each , one at 9am for coffee after Anantpur. And a 20mins of home prepared lunch break after Nizamabad. Roads were average in Andhra, speedbreakers on all junctions which were difficult to spot, few flyovers were under construction in and around Kurnool. Highway in Telangana was really good after Kurnool till Adilabad. Awesome road conditions. Traffic was Okayish. Hyderabad ORR is world class - Autobahnish in true sense. Amazing road surface and next to nothing undulations etc. Patch work and potholes inside MH till Nagpur are really a pain. The section before Hinghanghat was pathetic for a toll road but nothing which can’t be negotiated especially for Bangalore guys who are used to drive in trenches.

Day2 : Started at 7.40am. Nagpur to Sagar is a real treat to drive. As soon as you cross Pench reserve forest, unfortunately it becomes an open meadow for cattle (read cows) for next 700km till Gwalior. Greenery on medians is utilised by all the cow owners to feed them for free. This leads to really risky situations - so be aware. Apart from this , rest everything is good. For food try MPTDC mid way treat restaurants . They are decent. Road surface from Sagar to Agra is a big patch work in the middle of the road. But again nothing to worry about but still you expect better from a tolled road.
Worst surface is from the start of Gwalior bypass to Agra road connection. There are lots of unnecessary elements between Gwalior to Agra. Highly recommend to finish this journey during sunlight hours. Reached Agra at 7.30pm with a total break of half an hour for lunch at an MPTDC treat before Sagar. Only thing where I was delayed by a bit was because of the Bhai Dooj traffic of local wannabe Valentino Rossis with ladies on the pillion starting from Sagar to Agra. Constant feature was no mask, no helmet, no sense of driving on highway with such high speed.

Day3 : Hometown vibes in Agra, visited some old food joints for breakfast and launched myself again at 9.10am for Roorkee via YEW. No fuss drive , fasttag lanes were chock a block ( I guess by design) , took the Eastern Peripheral Express way to connect with Meerut expressway and than on to Muzzafarnagr and Roorkee. Road surface was excellent except for Eastern Peripheral EW. Undulations were really bad , wavy road surface at joints were too uncomfortable. I was again caught in festival traffic on Sunday and some of the tolls were really crowded. Reached at 2pm with a single bio break of 2-3 mins. No breaks otherwise.

The only regret - Killed a small puppy near MH border due to sudden appearance with no fault of mine. Couldn’t concentrate for next two hours and even the next day. It was a bit heart wrenching for me. Otherwise I enjoyed the drive.
adi_gt is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th January 2022, 12:47   #178
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_gt View Post
I did a recent trip from Bangalore to Roorkee on 5th Nov to 7th Nov.
Nice. I too started on 5th Nov from Bangalore to Lucknow. But mine was a more relaxed drive as I had my Shih-Tzu accompanying this time and it was his first long drive Split it into 4 days, Bangalore-Hyd, Hyd-Nagpur, Nagpur-Agra and Agra-Lucknow. I know Agra is not on the direct route. But had to go there to pay a visit to my in-laws. And yes, Gwalior bypass is best avoided. Maps suggested me to go in the city, and I still went to bypass thinking that I know my hometown better than Maps, and boy was I proven wrong.

Last edited by black_rider : 20th January 2022 at 12:49.
black_rider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2022, 20:56   #179
BHPian

Hello everyone,

I have been mulling about driving down from Delhi to Bangalore for a while. I am relocating from Delhi to Bangalore and have already started staying here with all of my furniture here through APML. I left my car and clothes in Delhi as my plan was to do a short fellowship and then either drive down or get the car transported. The pandemic has made some changes in my plans and got me stuck in Bangalore with my car and stuff in Delhi.

The choices of transportation services do not inspire much confidence especially owing to the stories of mishandled cars from my friends. Hence I have decided not to hand over my car to anyone other than me and spouse.

I am not used to or like long road trips and usually favour flight/train for most trips. At the same time I feel this is a once in a lifetime opportunity as I would never voluntarily ever undertake such a long road trip.

I do regularly follow the travelogues of other members and on youtube but never personally gave it much thought. Have recently driven to Dehradun, Manali-Jispa-Baralacha, Jaipur, Neemrana so have some experience in short trips although that was with 4 drivers rotating as per our whims. I would hate to do any of those trips as a solo driver.

I have devised the following route to take:

PLAN A (Primary):
DAY ORIGIN DESTINATION
1 DELHI UDAIPUR
2 UDAIPUR
3 UDAIPUR SURAT
4 SURAT PANVEL
5 PANVEL PUNE
6 PUNE CANDOLIM
7 GOA
8 GOA
9 GOA
10 GOA BANGALORE

Alternate PLAN B:
DAY ORIGIN DESTINATION
1 DELHI UDAIPUR
2 UDAIPUR SURAT
3 SURAT PUNE
4 PUNE BANGALORE

Alternate PLAN C:
DAY ORIGIN DESTINATION
1 DELHI JHASI
2 JHASI NAGPUR
3 NAGPUR HYDERABAD
4 HYDERABAD BANGALORE

I would like to borrow some of the wisdom of the members here to being this plan to fruition and execute it successfully.

The dates and stops are not confirmed especially for the detour from Pune to Goa, which might eventually end up as a straight drive from Pune to Bangalore. This is however my first draft of the plan.

Vehicle: BMW X1 2016 model I bought recently through Spinny Max Delhi

Accompanying passengers (tentative): Mother (complete trip) and Wife (part of trip - max 3 days)

Travel dates: Not confirmed but in Feb, preferably centring around third weekend of this month

I know nothing about these routes, places to stay, road side assistance and sightseeing options as of now. I am actively looking into those concurrently. Any advice on my draft plan is highly appreciated.

Good day to all
Old 1st March 2022, 00:58   #180
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarath_ View Post

Travel dates: Not confirmed but in Feb, preferably centring around third weekend of this month

I know nothing about these routes, places to stay, road side assistance and sightseeing options as of now. I am actively looking into those concurrently. Any advice on my draft plan is highly appreciated.

Good day to all
Did this trip finally happen?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks