Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th May 2011, 15:02   #16
BHPian

Re: Chandigarh to Manali

Traveled this route last week. Road upto Bilaspur is below average. Bilaspur to Bhunter is excellent and scenic especially after Mandi. Kullu to Manali is pathetic with lot work going on. You may be better off driving to Manali through Naggar from Bhunter bypassing kullu. Roads are bad in patches in this sector too and is slightly longer, but very less traffic.
rajcs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2011, 15:27   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajcs View Post
Traveled this route last week. Road upto Bilaspur is below average. Bilaspur to Bhunter is excellent and scenic especially after Mandi. Kullu to Manali is pathetic with lot work going on. You may be better off driving to Manali through Naggar from Bhunter bypassing kullu. Roads are bad in patches in this sector too and is slightly longer, but very less traffic.
I'll be traveling during the night time. So don't know what'll be scenic and what not. :( Thanks for your advice. I'll tell the driver. So how long you think it should take if I were to take either of these two routes? I have to reach there ASAP!
Old 6th May 2011, 15:38   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative420 View Post
So how long you think it should take if I were to take either of these two routes? I have to reach there ASAP!
It took 12hrs driving from Delhi. I think Chandigarh Manali stretch via kullu took about 8.5 hrs with meal stops. Returned via Naggar-Bhunter. The saving in time via Naggar is not substantial since it is a slightly longer route - at the most some 30 mins.
Old 6th May 2011, 15:54   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajcs View Post
It took 12hrs driving from Delhi. I think Chandigarh Manali stretch via kullu took about 8.5 hrs with meal stops. Returned via Naggar-Bhunter. The saving in time via Naggar is not substantial since it is a slightly longer route - at the most some 30 mins.
Awesome!

And Woohoo!

Just asked our company secretarty to change my return flight from Chandigarh to an evening flight (instead of morning which would have demanded and overnight journey to Chandigarh again).

But Hallelujah! Now I can enjoy some scenery while coming back from Manali. So guys! Tell me where all can I stop and take some pictures and eat something. In order to keep time in hand I'll leave from Manali by 5 in morning, so I can stop wherever and reach Chandigarh Airport by 6:30 in evening.
Old 6th May 2011, 16:06   #20
BHPian

Manali to Naggar road passes some gurgling mountain streams rushing to the Beas and winds through a delightful spruce forest. Drive from Bhunter to Mandi is along the Beas and offers some good photo op near Aut.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks