Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th November 2011, 11:05   #16
BHPian

Re: Leh-Ladakh with tour operator

Quote:
Originally Posted by inder View Post
I have currently got rates from himalaya 360 holidays and make my trip ranging from 20-25k pp incl leh-del return airfare and all meals and travelling.It also includes all the sight seeing suggested by you all.
BTW how is himalaya 360?? anyone has any experience with them.
We did a 11 Day trip Delhi - Manali - Leh - Kargil - Srinagar (We flew from Chennai to delhi and back to chennai from srinagar)... It was a road trip in our own bikes... All cost incl we spent 30k/person for the whole trip... I feel the quote you specified is little expensive.

Note: we did cover Pangong Tso

From my experience... I don think you need a tour operator... You have all the info that you need in this forum... Just engage some travels and take the tour... this will save you a lot of money...
Old 11th November 2011, 13:33   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thamizha View Post

From my experience... I don think you need a tour operator... You have all the info that you need in this forum... Just engage some travels and take the tour... this will save you a lot of money...
Thanks for the info. That is what I needed. Can you share the details of the hotels where you stayed and a quick review in terms of value for the money paid?
Old 11th November 2011, 14:04   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinj12 View Post
Thanks for the info. That is what I needed. Can you share the details of the hotels where you stayed and a quick review in terms of value for the money paid?
Below is the list of hotels we stayed and few remarks which i feel will help you

in Manali Hotel Pine View - Costed me Rs.400/room/day (Food Extra) - Not a grand hotel but decent enough.

In keylong - Not sure on the hotel name, it was situated up a hill within the city. These people treated us like some spl guest, rooms were decent enough - Costed Rs.800/room/day (Food Extra)

In Sarchu we stayed in a tented accomodation some 8 KM before sarchu, the place was awesome they have some 20-30 tents in that area. We decided to stay there even though the price was little high, just to enjoy the view. It costed us Rs.1500/day/tent (Incl Food)

Then in Rumtse we stayed in a dhabba. We had to share the room with a korean and a russian. I loved that experience, costed me Rs.100/bed (Food extra)

In Leh we stayed in a place Hotel Asia in Changspa. Costed me Rs.900/Day/room (incl Breakfast), very good one but in leh you have loads of option.

In Pangong Tso we stayed in a house where the owners too stayed with us. There were some tented camps run by the local people, they are super comfortable with great view but they charged Rs.3000/day/tent and it is booked in advance, so we took this paying guest accomodation Rs.100/day. These people were very humble and took very good care.

In kargil we didnt have an option, most of the hotels were booked so we managed to find a decent hotel for Rs.1000/day/room (incl breakfast)

In Srinagar go to the dal lake it is completely surrounded by hotels you can get awesome deals in there, but beware if you are taking up the boat houses. There has been several incidents reported about the boat houses.

Food will be very nominal throughout your trip, one has to spend approx Rs.200-300 per day for a decent food (some places you wont even have any choice but Maggi noodles and Bread Omlet). But in Leh, Srinagar and Kargil its little different, here it costs as much as in any other cities.

Let me know if you need any further info, wish you a fantabulous trip...

Last edited by Jaggu : 11th November 2011 at 15:37. Reason: Dotty post, please use proper punctuation and avoid typing like this... Thanks.
Thamizha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2011, 18:05   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Below is the list of hotels we stayed and few remarks which i feel will help you

Let me know if you need any further info, wish you a fantabulous trip...
Whoa, that's one hell lot of info. I can't thank you enough. I will get in touch with my friends and get back to you. Meanwhile, please post a few more posts and become a BHPian so I can send you a PM.
Old 28th February 2012, 12:13   #20
BHPian

Reviving an old thread.

Planning a Leh/ Ladakh trip this summer. And there are plenty of travelogues here in TBHP. But most of them seem to be done by individuals driving on their own. I am looking for anyone who has availed the package tours from Make My Trip, Yatra, etc. Would specifically like to know the quality of hotels they offer, time management/punctuality, any hidden costs, etc.
Old 28th February 2012, 13:32   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingkolors View Post
Reviving an old thread.

Planning a Leh/ Ladakh trip this summer. And there are plenty of travelogues here in TBHP. But most of them seem to be done by individuals driving on their own. I am looking for anyone who has availed the package tours from Make My Trip, Yatra, etc. Would specifically like to know the quality of hotels they offer, time management/punctuality, any hidden costs, etc.
Hello, I've gone to Leh with Makemytrip. It was 2 years back.
Overall it was a wonderful trip. I took the 4 day package which had Monastries tour, Pangong and Khardung La. No Nubra valley.

Their guides and cab drivers were helpful. The hotel in Leh was basic but clean. This was informed to us while booking.

Though there was a short stay (about 4 hrs) in a Delhi hotel near the airport. That was quite bad (dusty).

There were no hidden costs. Airport pickup, drop etc worked as advertised.

We made one change in the itinerary though. My wife fell sick after visiting Chang La/Pangong. So we decided to skip Khardung La from next day's itinerary and instead took a Thunderbird on rent and went on a ride to Sangam and other nearby places. I missed Khardung La, but riding a bike through Leh roads was an out of this world experience.
It's a must-do for a bhpian visiting Ladakh by air IMO.
tachobells is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2012, 09:45   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tachobells

Hello, I've gone to Leh with Makemytrip. It was 2 years back.
Overall it was a wonderful trip. I took the 4 day package which had Monastries tour, Pangong and Khardung La. No Nubra valley.

Their guides and cab drivers were helpful. The hotel in Leh was basic but clean. This was informed to us while booking.

Though there was a short stay (about 4 hrs) in a Delhi hotel near the airport. That was quite bad (dusty).

There were no hidden costs. Airport pickup, drop etc worked as advertised.

We made one change in the itinerary though. My wife fell sick after visiting Chang La/Pangong. So we decided to skip Khardung La from next day's itinerary and instead took a Thunderbird on rent and went on a ride to Sangam and other nearby places. I missed Khardung La, but riding a bike through Leh roads was an out of this world experience.
It's a must-do for a bhpian visiting Ladakh by air IMO.
Good to hear that you had a good experience with MMT. That clears any apprehensions I had. Intact, I stumbled upon another thread by mod Noopster who went there last year and seemed to have a great experience too. I will then go ahead and book thru MMT.

Infact, Iam thinking of taking the last flight to Delhi from Bangalore so tht I do.t have to take a room in Delhi just for 4-5hrs. Rest at the airport and catch the early morning flight to Leh.:-)

Yes, as suggested by you, the bike ride is also on the cards from Leh on NH1.

One question, do these guys allow changes to the itinerary?
Old 1st March 2012, 10:02   #23
v&v
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Reviving an old thread.

My Leh trip hotel bookings from Srinagar to Sarchu was managed by Active Adventure India. They have office in Leh. I had a nice experience with them. Quality of hotels depend on your budget. You may refer my TL for more info.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ali-delhi.html

Last edited by v&v : 1st March 2012 at 10:05.
Old 1st March 2012, 11:01   #24
BHPian

While at Nubra valley, try to visit Turtuk village which is near pak border. The link given below is a travel piece written by a friend.

The Hindu : Life & Style / Travel : Apricots from Turtuk and other stories
Old 1st March 2012, 12:01   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Good to hear that you had a good experience with MMT. That clears any apprehensions I had. Intact, I stumbled upon another thread by mod Noopster who went there last year and seemed to have a great experience too. I will then go ahead and book thru MMT.

Infact, Iam thinking of taking the last flight to Delhi from Bangalore so tht I do.t have to take a room in Delhi just for 4-5hrs. Rest at the airport and catch the early morning flight to Leh.:-)

Yes, as suggested by you, the bike ride is also on the cards from Leh on NH1.

One question, do these guys allow changes to the itinerary?
I'm not sure. Minor changes may be ok. But if you want to go to Nubra valley instead of Pangong Tso, that kind of changes may not be welcome.

If the whole group wants a change, then you can try discussing with the driver and offer him to pay the difference.
Old 7th June 2012, 13:02   #26
BHPian

Quote:
We did a 11 Day trip Delhi - Manali - Leh - Kargil - Srinagar (We flew from Chennai to delhi and back to chennai from srinagar)... It was a road trip in our own bikes... All cost incl we spent 30k/person for the whole trip... I feel the quote you specified is little expensive.

Note: we did cover Pangong Tso

Hi Thamizha, could you please provide me the tour operator details like name, website if any and the phone number? I am planning for a similar trip this august. Thanks in advance
Old 7th June 2012, 16:42   #27

I had gone last year with family . Guy called Tashi Motup is running a resort by the name Lha-Ri-sa Resorts close to the Airport . Good and Clean place and good food . Very friendly staff .He will advise /organise all the local trips depending on the time you have.He can be contacted on +919419177425/01982252000. Check their website Lharisa Resort leh, Hotel Lha-Ri-Sa, Hotels in Leh, Leh Hotels, Hotels in ladakh, Ladakh hotelsalso where he has different types of packages .
Old 7th June 2012, 17:42   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shashidl View Post
Hi Thamizha, could you please provide me the tour operator details like name, website if any and the phone number? I am planning for a similar trip this august. Thanks in advance
Shashidl, i am not sure about the tour operators. we did the whole trip on our own. anyways, if you are guys gang you can go there and arrange things with the help of the hotel guys. but if you are going with family then you may need to plan things in advance. let me see what i can get.
Old 8th June 2012, 00:55   #29
BHPian

Hi,

We are Chandigarh based group of offroaders. Our club is Gerrari offroaders. We are getting together and going to Zanskar Valley and then Leh.

Bikes are leaving from Chandigarh on June 16. The are going thru Amritsar-Patnitop-Srinagar-Kargil-Rangdum-Padum-Paniker-Lamayaru-Leh-Tso Kar- Sarchu -Manali

Families are leaving on cars on June 18 from Chandigarh. Itinerary is almost same as above except drive from Chandigarh to Srinagar in the start.

The journey ends at Manali on 29th June.

Anybody interested for the drive is welcome to join us. If you want to come is hired taxis, thats also okay with us.

We have arranged for a doctor, mechanic and recovery (4x4 vehicles) for the drive thru Planet Way Round | Dream. Plan. Explore.
Old 2nd August 2012, 13:32   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fauji View Post
We did the trip last year with www.ladakhsafari.com We were very happy with the experience.

Deleks Namgyal is a good bloke and very helpful. These guys are good and they will tailor make your trip.
Hi Fauji. This organizer looks good among the ones I googled. An adrenaline junkie from the west, who I know from work, is visiting India in September. The word "west" was intentional which translates into "money no bar".. In that case, do you have any suggested alternatives?

Would these organizers help arrange to use my own Enfield for the trip? I'd like to 'Leh' mine if it's not too much of a hassle.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed