Search this Thread
Old 17th February 2019, 11:17   #31
BHPian

Re: Delhi-Gangtok / Bhutan - Planning

Quote:
Originally Posted by danish_c View Post

Fri Mar 15 Gurgaon - Varanasi (824 Kms)
Sat Mar 16 Varanasi - Kishanganj 686 Kms ~ 14 Hours
Sun Mar 17 Kishanganj - Pheuentsholing (250 Kms) 6-7 hours (Reach Lunch time)
Mon Mar 18 Pheuentsholing - Thimpu (160 Kms) ~ 5 hours, reach lunch
Tue Mar 19 Thimpu
Wed Mar 20 Thimpu - Paro (52 Kms, 1.5 hours)
Thu Mar 21 Paro (Tiger's next trek etc)
Fri Mar 22 Paro - Pheuentsholing (120 Kms, 4.5 hours)
Sat Mar 23 Pheuentsholing - Muzzafarpur (600 Kms, 11.5 hours)
Sun Mar 24 Muzzafarpur - Varanasi (320 Kms, 9 hours)
Mon Mar 25 Varanasi - Gurgaon (825 Kms)

I was advised on another forum to go via Gorrakhpur/ Siliguri instead of Varanasi/Kishanganj.
Old 16th April 2019, 11:14   #32
BHPian

Hi,

I am planning to visit Gangtok, Bhutan in the coming summer breaks (June -2019) from Gurgaon.
Tentative plan is for 2 weeks, starting in 1st week of June.
as the plan is still in a very nascent stage so I am not able to put up any itinerary here as of now.
As now I have started reading about the region, I need some basic answers before taking a final call to go ahead with it or not.
If people in forum can guide me on the following -

1. I will be taking my TUV300 T8 model, clocked around 70k kms. Last year I have done Leh-ladakh circuit (2 weeks) with it. By God's grace no problem at all.

2. I will be travelling with my wife & 6 yr old daughter. Will it be safe to travel with family in the areas we will be crossing in during the trip? They have accompanied me in the Leh trip as well.

3. Will June be the right month to plan? I dont want to take a chance getting stuck due to rains in north-east with family. Just for info I cant plan early as will be travelling due to work commitments till May end.

4. I am willing to cover Darjeeling, Gangtok, Bhutan (paro & thimpu), Guwahati, Shillong. Will it be doable in 2 weeks, couple of days more can be managed but not willing to extend much. I will be ok with 700-800 kms drive in plains in a day and around 300-400 in mountains. Also , most probably a friend will be joining in with his family and will be driving in his TUV. So we have 2 cars. If people can guide on the route to be taken for this plan.

If anyone in the forum has been to this area recently can share some travelogues for reference. I am searching but cant find much content on the web for the same. Any other forum or group where I can find reliable info will be of great help.

Thanks in advance.
Old 18th August 2019, 14:50   #33
BHPian

Hi Diselburner,

Did you complete the Gurgaon- Gangtok trip? I am planning to do the same first week of October. Can you throw some light on the road conditions, route you took & more?

I am planning to take my 2015 City, have covered many hills & am used to long distance driving in it with short 5-7 mins breaks every 2 hours.

Please do let know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselburner View Post
Hi,

I am planning to visit Gangtok, Bhutan in the coming summer breaks (June -2019) from Gurgaon.
Tentative plan is for 2 weeks, starting in 1st week of June.
as the plan is still in a very nascent stage so I am not able to put up any itinerary here as of now.
As now I have started reading about the region, I need some basic answers before taking a final call to go ahead with it or not.
If people in forum can guide me on the following -

1. I will be taking my TUV300 T8 model, clocked around 70k kms. Last year I have done Leh-ladakh circuit (2 weeks) with it. By God's grace no problem at all.

2. I will be travelling with my wife & 6 yr old daughter. Will it be safe to travel with family in the areas we will be crossing in during the trip? They have accompanied me in the Leh trip as well.

3. Will June be the right month to plan? I dont want to take a chance getting stuck due to rains in north-east with family. Just for info I cant plan early as will be travelling due to work commitments till May end.

4. I am willing to cover Darjeeling, Gangtok, Bhutan (paro & thimpu), Guwahati, Shillong. Will it be doable in 2 weeks, couple of days more can be managed but not willing to extend much. I will be ok with 700-800 kms drive in plains in a day and around 300-400 in mountains. Also , most probably a friend will be joining in with his family and will be driving in his TUV. So we have 2 cars. If people can guide on the route to be taken for this plan.

If anyone in the forum has been to this area recently can share some travelogues for reference. I am searching but cant find much content on the web for the same. Any other forum or group where I can find reliable info will be of great help.

Thanks in advance.

Most Viewed