Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd November 2014, 12:11   #76

re: Kishangarh / Sikar to Bhatinda : Route Queries

We are planning a trip from Ahmedabad to Manali via Jodhpur-Bikaner-Bathinda around end-December, and have charted the following tentative route (with approx km based on Google maps). Since the trip is planned around mid/end December, given the possibility of fog, we would like to cap the maximum travel time in a day - ideally, higher the altitude, lower the max distance in a day.

Ahmedabad to Manali:

Day 1: Ahmedabad - SH41 - Mehsana - Siddhpur - Palanpur - NH 14 - Abu-road - Pindwara - Sirohi - Sheoganj - NH65 - Pali - Jodhpur - 461 km
Day 2 (option 1): Jodhpur - NH 114 - Jaisalmer-bypass Road - Padamsar - Agolai - Madla-kalan - Phalodi - NH 15 - Bikaner - 329 km
Day 2 (option 2): Jodhpur - Mahamandir - Krishi-Upaj-Mandi - SH61 - Nayapura - Umednagar - Osian - Magra - Phalodi - NH 15 - Bikaner - 301 km
Day 3: Bikaner - NH15 - Lukransar - Suratgarh - Ganeshgarh - Sriganganagar - Kallar-khera - Abohar-bypass - Daulatpura - Malout-rural - Jandwala - Bathinda - 330 km
Day 4 (option 1): Bathinda - NH15 - Kot-kapura - Faridkot-bypass - Talwandi-bhai - NH95 - Moga - Ludhiana - Kohara - Neelon-khurd - Leave-NH-95 - Neelon-Ropar Canal Road - Rupnagar - NH21 - Bilaspur - 347 km
Day 4 (option 2): Bathinda - NH15 - Kot-kapura - Faridkot-bypass - Talwandi-bhai - NH95 - Moga - Ludhiana - Kohara - Chehlan - Pohlo-majra - Gharuan - Khanpur - NH 21 - Daun-majra - Aujala - Chaklan - Basat Nagar - Bilaspur - 380 km
Day 5: Bilaspur - NH 21 - Sundernagar - NH20 - Ner-chowk - Mandi - Aut - Kullu - Manali - 178 km

Manali to Shimla:

Manali - NH20 - Mandi - Ner-chowk - SH13 (turn before Sundernagar) - Karsog - Tattapani - Naldhera - Mashobra - Shimla - 251 km

Shimla to Ahmedabad:

Day 1: Shimla - NH 22 - Panchkula - Zirakpur - NH64 - Adda-jhungian - Gobindpura - Bhawanigarh - Patiala - Sangrur - Dhanaula - Lehra-dhurkot - Bathinda - 319 km
Day 2-5: Bathinda - Bikaner - Jodhpur - Ahmedabad (same route as in the beginning leg)

Would appreciate comments on the travel route (preferred choice among the options, anything better?), recent road condition, and any other suggestions.

Thanks,

Vineet
Old 15th July 2015, 15:11   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
Note to avoid Bhatinda & go from Hanumangarh via Abohar, Ferozepur & Taran Taran.

Is the above advice valid for now also? We are planning to use the above route based on your advice.

Can you also please advice which is the fastest route from Ahmedabad to Kishangarh. Google suggests via Jodhpur!!

Regards
Renjith

Last edited by Renjith_Mani : 15th July 2015 at 15:18.
Old 15th July 2015, 20:30   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renjith_Mani View Post
Is the above advice valid for now also? We are planning to use the above route based on your advice.

Can you also please advice which is the fastest route from Ahmedabad to Kishangarh. Google suggests via Jodhpur!!

Regards
Renjith
Ahmedabad Himmatnagar Udaipur Chittorgarh Bhilwara Kishangarh is the route which I have travelled once. Roads are in decent condition.
Drivethru is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2015, 20:07   #79
BHPian

Please pardon if its not posted in the correct forum but please advice as to the best route from Jaipur to Amritsar:-
a) Via Sikar-Sardarshashar-Hanumangarh-Bathinda-ASR
b) Via Hisar-Barnala
c) Or Via NH 71 and then onto AH1

will leaving on 17th from Bengaluru to Jaipur

Regards

Jude
Old 5th August 2015, 21:04   #80
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judemayne View Post
Please pardon if its not posted in the correct forum but please advice as to the best route from Jaipur to Amritsar:-
a) Via Sikar-Sardarshashar-Hanumangarh-Bathinda-ASR
Jaipur-Sikar-Fatehpur-Hanumangarh-Bhatinda-Amritsar

Thats the best route.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2015, 17:01   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Jaipur-Sikar-Fatehpur-Hanumangarh-Bhatinda-Amritsar

Thats the best route.
Hi Ampere - I will be driving to Amritsar next week via Jaipur. Planning to start from Mumbai on Saturday noon & plan to hit Jaipur next morning (Sunday, 12/19).

Would you still recommend Jaipur-Sikar-Fatehpur-Hanumangarh-Bhatinda-Amritsar route? Are majority of the stretches wide roads?

Else, I was contemplating Jaipur - Neemrana - Rohtak - Panipat - Karnal - and continue on NH1 until Amritsar.

I have taken the route Via Hisar-Barnala last year during my Mumbai-Leh ride and highly regret taking that route.
Old 16th December 2015, 19:00   #82
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantrig View Post
Would you still recommend Jaipur-Sikar-Fatehpur-Hanumangarh-Bhatinda-Amritsar route? Are majority of the stretches wide roads?
As per what I know last, its still a good route. But yes it would be good to get a be other responses as well.
Old 16th December 2015, 19:11   #83
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Jaipur - Neemrana - Rohtak - Panipat - Karnal - and continue on NH1 until Amritsar.
will be faster for sure and safer as well given the FOG conditions , NH1 is very clearly marked and in great shape
Old 28th March 2017, 09:06   #84
Senior - BHPian

Hi All,

Bumping up this thread to hear the latest updates on this route. I am contemplating a drive from Kochi to Srinagar. Looking for the fastest and comfortable routes over distance.
Old 13th May 2017, 19:30   #85
BANNED

Bangalore - Amritsar : Route Queries

Hello Everyone

I am doing a road trip in August 2017 to Amritsar and following is the route I plan to take.

To Amritsar: Bangalore - Nagpur - Meerut - Amritsar
To Bangalore - Amritsar - Dehradun - Haridwar - Nagpur - Bangalore

Any information on the condition of the roads and the time to avoid the highways is welcome. I prefer starting early morning at 2am - 3 am and drive through the day.

Last edited by GTO : 15th May 2017 at 10:01. Reason: STRICTLY no SMS language on Team-BHP
Old 13th May 2017, 23:01   #86

re: Bangalore - Amritsar : Route Queries

I would recommend you stick to the GQ all the way to Delhi and then take NH1 to Amritsar. The major bottlenecks you will face are:
1. Crossing Mumbai. You should bypass it as much as you can via Navi Mumbai-Thane-Ghodbunder
2. Bridge over Narmada at Bharuch
3. Udaipur bypass - ironically its faster to drive through the city instead of taking the bypass
4. Jaipur city
5. Gurgaon-Delhi
6. After Ambala, its one medium sized city after the other - so be prepared to drive slow. Only after Jalandhar the road opens up.

Incidentally, if you ditch the GQ for a while at Chittorgarh, and take the road to Jaipur via Kota and Tonk (instead of Bhilwara - Ajmer), you will save a cool 1.5 hours. Brilliant roads, almost empty. You can avoid a large part of Jaipur city too enroute to Delhi.

There is another option - from Udaipur you could drive to Jodhpur, Pokhran, Ram Devra, Bikaner, Ganganagar, Faridkot, Amritsar. The roads in Rajasthan are simply awesome. Low traffic, wonderful roads through the desert. You will see place names on the milestones, and you will cross them without even knowing - they are so small. Only the names will keep changing.

The Agra-Noida, Meerut, Saharanpur belt is extremely crowded with very heavy unruly traffic. Also the area is not very safe if you have ladies traveling with you, especially when it is dark.

Also, over the years, I have become a convert from driving in the day to driving in the night. At night I feel a lot safer since there are no assorted slow moving vehicles and two wheelers blocking the main carriageway. As long as the area is safe, its better to drive at night. Bangalore - Mumbai - Ahmedabad, Udaipur, is very safe for night driving. Upwards of Chittor to Ajmer may not be fully safe. If you are taking the desert route, I would recommend drive only during the day. I

Have a safe and fantastic trip - whichever route you take.
psaikygms1 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th May 2017, 14:37   #87
Senior - BHPian

Using Chittorgarh is the best option bypassing Amer and Jaipur if you go via Delhi.

Route via Rajasthan is an excellent option when there are no rains, but in August if it rains, then you may get stuck in flash floods.

Travelling from Delhi to Amritsar via NH1 will be tedious due to heavy traffic, both vehicular as well as bullock carts/tractors etc. So plan the timings accordingly.

A totally different route (though it is much older) is to take NH3 - to Agra, travel by Yamuna Expressway to Delhi and then take NH1
Aroy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th May 2017, 22:33   #88
BANNED

Hi psaikygms1

As I am travelling in Aug 2017 and GST will kick in by then. Do you think the truck traffic will decrease as no check nakas will be there? Hopefully....
Old 7th June 2017, 09:41   #89
BHPian

Hi,

Apologies for hijacking this thread, but I am also looking to do a Pune-Amritsar Trip.

I have been looking at the Pune-Udaipur-Kishangarh-Hanumangarh-Amritsar Route, but the challenge I see is that after kishangarh there's no accomodation till Hanumangarh which is a 6 hour stretch.

I intend to leave from Pune at 3-4PM and stay somewhere near Ankleshwar on Day 1.

Day 2 - This is what is confusing me, as Kishangarh is only 12 hours but Hanumangarh is 18 hours. It will be really late by the time we reach Hanumangarh, where do I break this part of the journey.?

Day 3- Would be Straight to Amritsar.

Thanks,
Ajit
Old 7th June 2017, 10:56   #90
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajitsingh208 View Post
Hi,

Apologies for hijacking this thread, but I am also looking to do a Pune-Amritsar Trip.
Why don't you do:

Day 1: Pune - Udaipur
Day 2: Udaipur - Gurgaon/Delhi
Day 3: NCR - Amritsar

Jaipur - Delhi is a massive mess because of the trucks; the 14hr drive on first day won't tire you as much as the 10 hr drive on the third.

We had taken the Pune - Baroda - A'bad - Udaipur - Ajmer - Delhi some years back. Delhi - Amritsar through Panipat - Ludhiana - Jalandhar.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 7th June 2017 at 10:58.
libranof1987 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks