Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th April 2022, 22:50   #31
BHPian

Re: Mumbai - Manali : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by VT-RNS View Post

I did the the Mumbai-Manali route in Feb as part of an extended trip.

2) Given how crazy the traffic is in these tourist places, I would recommend just take local transport/car hire and keep your car safe. In Feb, due to snow, many private cars were damaged, while we took car hire and were able to enjoy stress free (even simple thing like Parking is an issue in own vehicle
Travelling to Shimla in the second week of May. Is kullu doable from Shimla in a BMW X1? No 4*4.
RJ2285 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2022, 23:04   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ2285 View Post
Travelling to Shimla in the second week of May. Is kullu doable from Shimla in a BMW X1? No 4*4.
Very much possible, I did Shimla-Manali-Kullu on my Scross in December. But I had to hire a 4x4, 3 km before Solang valley due to Snow.
rakesh_r is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2022, 13:00   #33
BHPian

Hi,

Leaving for Shimla next week.

Both me and my wife will be working on day 1 of travel and hence we have split the drive into 3 days.

The original plan:

Day 1 - Mumbai - Vadodara
Day 2 - Vadodara - Ajmer (via Ahmedabad - Mehsana - Palanpur - Abu Road - Pali - Beawar)
Day 3 - Ajmer to Chandigarh (via Kishangarh - Jaipur - Kotputli - Neemrana- Bawal- Jhajjar- RohtakBypass- Gohana- Panipat - Ambala- Chandigarh)
Day 4 - Chandigarh - Shimla

The only issue with the above plan is that,on Day 2, there are not many eateries on the highway after Ahmedabad. It will be helpful if I can get suggestions of places where we can have lunch in and around Abu Road. I will be travelling with my wife and 7 year old daughter. Cleanliness / hygiene / safety is top priority.

A close friend travelled from Mumbai to Udaipur yesterday. The route he took was Mumbai - Vadodara - Halol - Modasa - Shyamlaji - Udaipur. He said the road condition is excellent. No diversions. However, he left at 12am in the night and reached at 11am during the day. It was a night drive for the most part.

In my case, I will be leaving Mumbai at 5am in the morning. Will I save time if I take the above mentioned route to reach Ajmer on Day 2 instead of my original plan. As per Google maps, we will reach faster if the Udaipur route is taken.

Looking forward to suggestions. Thank you in advance.

Last edited by RJ2285 : 3rd May 2022 at 13:23.
RJ2285 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th May 2022, 09:17   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ2285 View Post
Hi,

Leaving for Shimla next week.

Both me and my wife will be working on day 1 of travel and hence we have split the drive into 3 days.

The original plan:

Day 1 - Mumbai - Vadodara
Day 2 - Vadodara - Ajmer (via Ahmedabad - Mehsana - Palanpur - Abu Road - Pali - Beawar)
Day 3 - Ajmer to Chandigarh (via Kishangarh - Jaipur - Kotputli - Neemrana- Bawal- Jhajjar- RohtakBypass- Gohana- Panipat - Ambala- Chandigarh)
Day 4 - Chandigarh - Shimla

The only issue with the above plan is that,on Day 2, there are not many eateries on the highway after Ahmedabad. It will be helpful if I can get suggestions of places where we can have lunch in and around Abu Road. I will be travelling with my wife and 7 year old daughter. Cleanliness / hygiene / safety is top priority.

A close friend travelled from Mumbai to Udaipur yesterday. The route he took was Mumbai - Vadodara - Halol - Modasa - Shyamlaji - Udaipur. He said the road condition is excellent. No diversions. However, he left at 12am in the night and reached at 11am during the day. It was a night drive for the most part.

In my case, I will be leaving Mumbai at 5am in the morning. Will I save time if I take the above mentioned route to reach Ajmer on Day 2 instead of my original plan. As per Google maps, we will reach faster if the Udaipur route is taken.

Looking forward to suggestions. Thank you in advance.
Hi RJ, did you make this trip?

I'm planning to do a Pune - Mumbai - Udaipur - Chandigarh - Dharamshala trip this weekend and I'm confused about what route to take to Udaipur after Vadodara.

Also, can you let me know how much time did it take for you to cover Mumbai Vadodara?

Kindly advise if you were able to make this trip.

Last edited by throttleflick : 30th May 2022 at 09:20. Reason: added query for Mumbai - Vadodara time.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks