Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th May 2011, 17:37   #1
BHPian

Pune > Banswara > Jaipur > Delhi > Jallandar > Narkanda > Back : Route Queries

I am planning to take my Skoda Yeti on a drive with my teenage son from Pune>Banswara>Jaipur>Delhi>Jallandar>Simla>Narkand a>Back to Pune.

I write to seek advice on route, fuel stations on way and any tips that BHPians may have to offer.
Old 18th May 2011, 17:50   #2
Team-BHP Support

re: Pune > Banswara > Jaipur > Delhi > Jallandar > Narkanda > Back : Route Queries

Hi,

I could help you with the Pune - Delhi route. You could check it from my travelogue here :

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ml#post2334378

About Delhi - Jalandhar, you could take a look here :

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ml#post2079766

Btw, any particular reason for Jalandhar - Shimla? Delhi, Jalandhar and Shimla form a triangle.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2011, 18:09   #3
Team-BHP Support

re: Pune > Banswara > Jaipur > Delhi > Jallandar > Narkanda > Back : Route Queries

There are two routes to Banswara which I am aware. The full section, only HVK can comment.

One access is from Baroda/Dahod area and the other from Ratlam.
If you plan to use NH3 (via Indore), the you take 4L NH79 from Dewas to Ratlam and at Ratlam get into the town to take the SH to Banswara.
Road up to Rajasthan border is rough and then into Rajasthan smoothens out. (NH79 from Dewas to Chittorh via Ratlam is 4L)

The other access to Banswara from Pune is via NH8 (which I think is more recommended. HVK can confirm)
is to break from NH8 at Baroda go to Dahod via NH59 and take NH113 to Banswara.

Banswara to Jaipur is to go via NimBahera (NH113 2L) and then via Chittorh (NH79).
NH79 from Chitorh to Kishangarh is think is 4L. (NH79 meets NH8 at Kishangarh and you continue on NH8 from Kishangarh to Jaipur)

Please note night travel around Banwara not adviced at all.

EDIT:

A Related thread.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...reshwar-2.html

Last edited by ampere : 18th May 2011 at 18:32.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2011, 20:18   #4
Senior - BHPian

Continuing what ampere said:

From Pune it is best you take NH50 to Nashik, then NH3 via Dhulia to Mhow (before Indore).
From Mhow, connect to Pithampur and Lebad from where the 4-laned road begins to Neemuch (NH79). Get off at Ratlam for Banswara.

All highways till Mhow are good but for heavy traffic towards Nashik, some bad roads in MH-MP border (and also some dislocation thanks to road widening in MH after DHulia).

Road off MHow is bad between Pithampura and Lebad, but after that NH79 4-laned road is good - although some flyovers are incomplete - all teh way to Ratlam.

I have no idea about the Ratlam-Banswara road.

FRom Banswara, hit GQ at Chittorgarh via Neemuch and then proceed to Jaipur and beyond.

Jaipur-DElhi sector is a mess thanks to road widening.
hvkumar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th May 2011, 20:20   #5
BHPian

You might like to check this post for Pune-Indore route
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ml#post2136429
sindabad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2011, 20:22   #6
Team-BHP Support

Its about 80km from Ratlam to Banswara. Good but rough patches from the MP side till you hit Rajasthan border. The instant you hit the border the road condition dramatically changes and becomes amazing,
I had captured some snaps of this stretch in the link I provided in my previous post.

EDIT: Pardon my typo on the previous post. I meant Lebad and not Dewas.

Quote:
One access is from Baroda/Dahod area and the other from Ratlam.
If you plan to use NH3 (via Indore), the you take 4L NH79 from Dewas to Ratlam and at Ratlam get into the town to take the SH to Banswara.
Road up to Rajasthan border is rough and then into Rajasthan smoothens out. (NH79 from Dewas to Chittorh via Ratlam is 4L)

Last edited by ampere : 18th May 2011 at 20:27.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2011, 07:05   #7
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by SushilBajpai View Post
I am planning to take my Skoda Yeti on a drive with my teenage son from Pune>Banswara>Jaipur>Delhi>Jallandar>Simla>Narkand a>Back to Pune.
Sushil, got to know from another thread (on Yeti v/s Fortuner) that you have completed this 5K kms trip. Please do a travelogue when you get time, or alternately update your Yeti thread on how the car behaved during this super long drive. Thank you

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks