Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th September 2011, 11:00   #31
NGM
BHPian

Re: Distance to Kodai, Ooty from Trivandrum

As you are "planning" to start by 4,you will only start by 4.30 AM only(the regular delay) .I could not find any good hotels on the way so that could be a problem to satisfy nature's call.You will reach near Rajapalayam by 8 AM if you start at 4 AM.We stopped for breakfast at RJPYM,but wont recommend that hotel and i don't remember the name too.Maybe you will have to take a small deviation to find good hotels.So the frequent travellers in Tenkasi-Madurai roads could help you.
Just now i googled i found Ashoka Hotel in RJPYM.Not sure how good it is.
NGM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2011, 18:12   #32
BHPian

Thanks for all the inputs.
We met up at one of our friends place by around 4 and started by 4.15. We took the Tirunelveli route and after a few stops after Nagercoil along the windmills to capture the sunrise, we reached Tirunelveli for breakfast by around 7. After breakfast and 'system cleaning' we started by around 8. Stopped around Batalagundu for tender coconuts and reached Kodai by 12. But due to some very bad things, we lost almost an hour and 1200Rs with the Kodai police.
With a heavy heart had lunch from the Tibetan restaurant and started to our final destination which is 40kms further by around 2.30 and reached our place of stay by 4PM. Had an early nights sleep and woke up at 6 in the morning next day to start with our days trip on foot.

Next day we started from the place of our stay by 11AM, had a flat tire, fixed it at Kodai for INR150 and started to TVM by around 2.30 after shopping, fixing the tires and waiting to have the power back in the internet cafes to get my license printed out. I didn't want to lose another grand.

Skipped lunch for tender coconut, decided to take the Theni - Kumili route and reached Kumily by 6. Had Kappa Biriyani as lunch cum dinner , shopped for spices and started towards Tvm by 7. After couple of stops for black teas and smoke, we reached TVM by 12.30, covering the worst roads we had in the Changanachery - Chenganur stretch.

TVM-Tirunelveli-Kodai >400 Kms
Kodai -Kumili - Changanachery-Trivandrum ~ 380 Kms

I did save some diesel on my way back, but I lost time and had a painful left leg, for the walking on the day before and the clutch.

Last edited by glidealong : 15th September 2011 at 18:19.
Old 20th January 2023, 19:44   #33
BHPian

Hi Guys,
I am planning to do a Kodai trip next week from TVM, I am getting 3 routes and wanted to know the feedback/condition of the below two;
1. Through Thenmala-Sengottai-Tenkasi
2. Through Kumily-Cumbum-Theni

Are any of the above better option than Nagercoil route apart from being scenic?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks