Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th October 2014, 17:36   #31
Team-BHP Support

re: Bangalore to Thirukadaiyur : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
Why go through Peralam at all? The Kumbakonam-Karaikal is perenially in a sad state. Wouldn't Thanjavur-Thiruvarur-Nagapattinam-Karaikal-Thirukadaiyur make sense?
Agreed. The only reason was traffic. While approaching Velankanni, I sensed increase in traffic. While it was virtually empty on the Peralam road from Thruvarur.

And yes some how I dont understand why KMU-Thirunallar road is bad? Thats one of the rare exceptions of bad roads, I have ever seen in TN. Never seen otherwise.

Nagapatnam also makes sense, since it has a clean bypass.

Last edited by ampere : 16th October 2014 at 17:37.
Old 11th February 2019, 11:51   #32

re: Bangalore to Thirukadaiyur : Route Queries

Rekindling yet another old topic.
I need to go to Thirukadaiyur, the coming weekend, from Bangalore and wanted to know what is the best way to drive down to Thirukadaiyur.
Any inputs on the latest state of roads and inputs on better roads will be highly helpful
Old 11th February 2019, 12:44   #33
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bangalore to Thirukadaiyur : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozentears View Post
I need to go to Thirukadaiyur
Bangalore-Salem-V Koot Road-Veppur-Vriddachalam-Kullanchavadi-MDR 200-ECR-Chidambaram bypass-Sirkazhi bypass-Thirukkadaiyur
Old 11th February 2019, 14:03   #34

Quote:
Bangalore-Salem-V Koot Road-Veppur-Vriddachalam-Kullanchavadi-MDR 200-ECR-Chidambaram bypass-Sirkazhi bypass-Thirukkadaiyur
Thanks.
I hope the roads till the end are in good condition.
Old 12th February 2019, 09:36   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozentears View Post
I hope the roads till the end are in good condition.
1. 4-laned till V-Koot Road.
2. Wide 2-lane from V-Koot to Vriddachalam.
3. Never had to do Vriddachalam to Kullanchavadi coming from Madras (basically a continuation of above highway till Cuddalore).
4. MDR199 update is here (Chennai - Kumbakonam : Route Queries).
5. ECR has always held up, traffic would be mid-moderate till Sirkazhi and would ramp up near Vaitheeswaran Koil.
narayans80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2019, 12:51   #36

Thanks @Narayans80 for the inputs. I completed the trip this weekend.
While going, I took Bangalore -> Salem -> Attur -> V-Koot Road, Veppur -> Vriddachalam -> Vadalur -> Chidambaram -> Thriukadayur road
The roads from Vadalur till Chidambaram is pretty much in a bad shape and had to take the detour route through bhuvanagiri, kurinjipadi which takes through single lane village roads with so much traffic.
While coming back, took Thirukadayur -> Mayavarm -> Kumbakonam -> Jeyankondam -> Vriddachalam -> Salem -> Bangalore road.
The road between Jeyankom and Vriddachalam is such a delight to drive.
frozentears is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2019, 21:00   #37
BHPian

Any recent updates on the road condition? Need to travel in the 1st week of Aug and looking for the route which will have shortest travel time. Suggestions, inputs are welcome
Old 22nd July 2019, 21:46   #38
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by blorebuddy View Post
Any recent updates on the road condition? Need to travel in the 1st week of Aug and looking for the route which will have shortest travel time. Suggestions, inputs are welcome
If Anai Karai is open for 4-wheelers, then Salem-V Koot Rod-Veppur-Vridhachalam Bypass - Jayamkomdam-Meensuruti-Anakairai-Mayavaram-Thriukadayur seems to be the best option in my opinion.

Lets also hear from others for any latest updates.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2019, 12:55   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Any recent updates on the road condition?
Use route from post 35 (Bangalore to Thirukadaiyur : Route Queries). I used it in April and is still good.
narayans80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2019, 18:06   #40
BHPian

We went to Chidambaram in last week of Jan..from Virudhachalam, we went via Neyveli, Vadalur (didnt take right turn here) and drove straight to Kullanchavadi and connected to the ECR and reached Chidambaram.

Excellent roads throughout. No concerns whatsoever. Both the up and down the drives were made in the night times so cant comment on the local traffic / two wheelers etc.
Old 25th July 2019, 14:38   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh K R View Post
cant comment on the local traffic / two wheelers etc.
V-Koot to Vriddachalam is wide enough so the annoyance is not felt much. Kullanchavadi-Thiyagavalli there would be a few, but not much of a bother. Reflectors were installed when compared to my previous visit in Nov 2017.

Kollidam to Vaitheeswaran Koil can get on your nerves during the day, but that's unavoidable.

Last edited by narayans80 : 25th July 2019 at 14:44.
Old 25th July 2019, 15:14   #42
BHPian

Quote:
V-Koot to Vriddachalam is wide enough so the annoyance is not felt much. Kullanchavadi-Thiyagavalli there would be a few, but not much of a bother. Reflectors were installed when compared to my previous visit in Nov 2017.

Kollidam to Vaitheeswaran Koil can get on your nerves during the day, but that's unavoidable.

Hi Narayanan,

why not take Vridachalam bypass - Andimadam - Jayamkondam - Anaikarai - Thirupanandal - Pandanallur - Mayiladuthurai - Sembanarkoil - Thirukadaiyur. the pain area will be the Anaikarai bridge which is also now reduced very much due to signal. Thirupanandal - Pandanallur - Mayiladuthurai - Sembanarkoil - Thirukadaiyur is in good condition. we are not wasting time and route is also not quite longer than other routes.
Old 25th July 2019, 17:40   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venki.bala View Post
Vridachalam bypass - Andimadam - Jayamkondam - Anaikarai - Thirupanandal - Pandanallur - Mayiladuthurai - Sembanarkoil - Thirukadaiyur.
1. Anaikarai is synonymous with traffic jams.
2. Vriddachalam-Jayamkondam-Kumbakonam is now infested with speed breakers every km. Though this is still the route to take for Kumbakonam, others are even worser.
Old 28th July 2019, 22:08   #44
BHPian

Thanks for the route suggestions. Any input on places for food breaks and bio breaks between Salem and Thirukadaiyur? I will be travelling with family and planning to start on the morning. So problem for breakfast which we will have before Salem. Need to plan for breaks after Salem for lunch or late lunch.
Old 29th July 2019, 07:29   #45
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thanks for the route suggestions. Any input on places for food breaks and bio breaks between Salem and Thirukadaiyur? I will be travelling with family and planning to start on the morning. So problem for breakfast which we will have before Salem. Need to plan for breaks after Salem for lunch or late lunch.
If you start by 430 or so, you are in Salem right around breakfast time. You have quite some options.

There is Sree Saravana Bhavan (Right on the main road [link] within city. Or if you want even better places you have Raddisson or the Grand Estancia just before the 5 roads signal.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks