Team-BHP - Manali - Jaipur...which route?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Route / Travel Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/)
-   -   Manali - Jaipur...which route? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/101918-manali-jaipur-route.html)

Hi all,
Pls advise me on which route would be the fastest to get from Manali to Jaipur bypassing Chandigarh and Delhi? Google maps gave me a route through Patiala, Rohtak, Jind to Rewari on NH71 then onto NH8 to Behror and Jaipur. Is this a good road or could I have some more suugestions?

Regards,

Quote:

Originally Posted by nix1976in (Post 2368022)
Hi all,
Pls advise me on which route would be the fastest to get from Manali to Jaipur bypassing Chandigarh and Delhi? Google maps gave me a route through Patiala, Rohtak, Jind to Rewari on NH71 then onto NH8 to Behror and Jaipur. Is this a good road or could I have some more suugestions?

Regards,

I travelled from Manali to Bikaner in January this year.
My route was Sundernagar-Rupnagar(Ropar)-Kharar-Banur-Ambala-Narwana-Hisar-Rajgargh-Bikaner.
From Manali-Narwana the roads are good.While passing through Ambala I had to ask for directions.
Narwana-Hisar average roads.
Hisar-Rajgarh good roads
From Rajgarh I ventured into the state highway through Rajwas which was bad.
I think sticking to National highways is better.
Hope this helps you.

are you coming from Mumbai or Jaipur , in case you are starting from Jaipur unfortunately there is little you can do to avoid mess on NH 8 & NH1 except to time your travel , if you want to do this in one day - start at 3:00 Am - you should be able to cross Delhi before it wakes up -

Jaipur - Delhi - Ambala - Chandigarh - Manali , if you want to avoid Chandigarh then

Ambala - Banur - Kharar - just before Toll on Ambala - Rajpura (Nh1) take right - not very well marked but you should not miss - you should not cross Toll.

The other roads mentioned by you are not advisable

Hi Turbanator,
The run is in reverse, from Manali to Jaipur. Does the Ambala route bypass major towns? Thanks for all inputs.

Regards,
Nikhil

Hi, again- do you need to go to Jaipur or Mumbai ? You can have an alternate road that will take you to kishangarh in case you want to go to Mumbai . For Jaipur you will have to come via NH1 - manali - bilaspur -swarghat - ropar -kharar -Banur - ambala -karnal- Delhi - gurgaon - Jaipur

Thanks turbantor, I need to get to Jaipur...is there no way to bypass the dreaded delhi traffic?

Quote:

Originally Posted by nix1976in (Post 2369060)
Thanks turbantor, I need to get to Jaipur...is there no way to bypass the dreaded delhi traffic?

The traffic is not bad into Delhi. Enter via Azadpur and take the flyover towards Peeragarhi, turn left on the Peeragarhi flyover and drive upto wazirpur roundabout, thereafter get onto the ring road towards dhaulakuan, When at Dhaula Kuan, take the road marked gurgain and head towards gurgaon. You will be on the national highway to Jaipur in 20 mins and its a toll road. Traffic depends on the time of day you want to cross Delhi. This is the best and fastest route IMO.

Any updates on the Rewari-Rohtak-Panipat route? Read that it was recently laid. Should I take this route or continue along the normal Jaipur-Delhi-Chandigarh route?

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomraven99 (Post 3532580)
Any updates on the Rewari-Rohtak-Panipat route? Read that it was recently laid. Should I take this route or continue along the normal Jaipur-Delhi-Chandigarh route?

The roads are all fine here but you need to look out for the diversions though. We had travelled in the reverse way and had got lost at the Jhanjjad turnoff. So look out for the signboards that dot the road. That is the way to know you are on track to your destination.

Quote:

It's perfect , just be prepared to pay for 3 tolls about Rs 250 -one way & watch out for some large unmarked speed breakers between gohana - panipat , looks they have used old road on this stretch and 4 laned . When you are coming from Jaipur - take left after Bawal - look for signs for Rohtak / Panipat

For anyone coming from Jaipur side towards Punjab / Himachal this is best way to cut Gurgaon / Delhi and save atleast 1 hour . Distance vise might be 20-30 Km longer .