Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st May 2011, 09:36   #1
BHPian

Suggestion Required 7-8 Days Trip To south

I am planning to travel to south with my wife and one 5 year kid for a week this Saturday and got a quote from travel agent.I just wanted to know whether this itinerary is or i am missing something or change it or add it for some more places.I can add upto two more days.
The total cost is around 40000 for innova from bangalore.
Thanks in advance for your help.

7 NIGHTS 8 DAYS

Day 1 : BANGALORE – COORG
Arrive Bangalore, transfer to Coorg (260 kms / 6 hrs), a virtual paradise on earth crowned with glorious mist cloaked hills graced with tiny springs of coffee. On the way sightseeing of Overnight at the hotel.

Day 2 : COORG
Breakfast at hotel. Late visit to Madikeri Fort, Omkareshwara Temple and Abbi Falls. Overnight at the hotel. Raja seat Garden.

Day 3 : COORG – OOTY
After breakfast, you will be transferred to Ooty (225 kms / 8 hrs) the Queen of Hill stations. Overnight at the hotel. Home Made Chocolates and FUDGE

Day 4 : OOTY
After breakfast, proceed for a city tour of Ooty visiting the Botanical Gardens, known for its exotic plants and colourfully laid out ornamental gardens, the Doddabetta Peak the highest point in the Nilgiri Mountains and the beautiful Ooty Lake where you can enjoy a boat ride on your own. Overnight at the hotel.

Day 5: OOTY-CONOOR: After breakfast go for full day sightseeing of Conoor includes Dolphins Nose rock formation, Sims park, Coonor Tea Gardens : Overnight stay at Ooty
By Train.

Day 6 : OOTY – MYSORE
After breakfast, depart for Mysore (158 kms/ 3˝ hrs) a city of palaces, gardens, beautiful avenues and sacred temples. Overnight at the hotel. Mysore Zoo.Caranzee PARK.

Day 7 : MYSORE
After breakfast, proceed on a city tour of Mysore visiting the magnificent Maharaja's Palace, Chamundi Hills and the Art Gallery which houses a fine collection of paintings and musical instruments. This evening take an optional tour of the beautiful Vrindavan Gardens, with the musical fountain show. Overnight at the hotel.

Day 78: MYSORE – BANGALORE
After breakfast, transfer by road to Bangalore (120 kms / 4 hrs), the Garden City.

City 3* No of Nights
Coorg Silver Oak 2
Ooty Palve Sughavasam 3
Mysore Sandesh The Prince 2

Cost Includes:

• 7 Nights accommodation in above mentioned or similar hotels
• 3* Category : Daily buffet breakfast at all places
4* Category: Daily buffet breakfast at all places. All meals at Coorg.
Air conditioned car for sightseeing and excursion as per itinerary.
• All applicable hotel taxes (except 2.58% Government service tax, to be charged extra)

EXCLUDES
• Air fare / train fare
Any meals other then those specified in Tour Cost Includes’
Expenses of personal nature such as tips, telephone calls, laundry, liquor etc.
Any other item not specified in ‘Tour cost includes’
• 2.58% Government service tax
• Guide & Entrance fees during sightseeing.

TERMS & CONDITIONS
• In case rooms are not available in the above mentioned hotels, we shall book the rooms in alternate hotels charging actual supplement / reduction.
Old 31st May 2011, 10:03   #2
BHPian

Re: Suggestion Required 7-8 Days Trip To south

Since you are traveling to Mysore from Ooty, you might as well consider a night's stay in either Masinagudi or Bandipur. Both places have jungle resorts which are very much enjoyable if you love nature and wildlife!

One place I love in Bandipur is kabini jungle resorts. (Kabini) These guys have 12 PM to 12 PM packages inclusive of 3 meals, safaris, camp fires, boat rides et all!

Also, Masinagudi is a similar forest area although I'm not sure of the resorts/lodges there.

PS: The road from Ooty to Mysore via Masinagudi is a treat to drive/ride with 36 hair pins, of course if you are a twisties lover!
Old 31st May 2011, 10:11   #3
Team-BHP Support

Can't comment on the trip cost but the itinerary looks pretty relaxed.

Rains have almost started here so the weather would be good.

You could also ask the agent was other options : Kerala. Something like Wayanad, Munnar, Allepy etc.
Old 31st May 2011, 10:27   #4
Senior - BHPian

This is the wrong time to visit these places mate!! It will start raining in Coorg, Bandipur etc this week and you will not be able to get out of your room. Same will be with Ooty as well.

Complete Kerala and Coastal Karnataka is ruled out for same rainy reasons. If you are keen to travel south at this time, do Tamil Nadu and cover Chennai - mahabalipuram - Pondy - Chidambaram - Kumbakonam/Tanjavur. But it will be warm as rains in last week must have broeught down temperatures.

If you enjoy Monsoons, then yes, your schedule is perfect. Include Wayanad also.
Old 31st May 2011, 12:05   #5
BHPian

Thanks for all your suggestion> i do not have much option today as my familly is here only these days.Will try to include Wayanad also.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks