Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 1st June 2011, 22:28   #16

Re: Help required on 2/3 days team outing to Ooty/Kerala/Goa from Bangalore

Wonderful suggestions from all of you... Thanks a ton!! I wish I could go to all the places suggested here.
Most greenly places are on Western Ghats. Being in Bangalore surrounded by buildings and people, my colleagues wants to be in lush green and calm place. As most of them suggested rain might be the spoiler. But moderate rain would be enjoyable though.
Yercaud, Yelagiri have some similarity and are good, but I think its would suit better one day trip and will work out lot cheaper for a team budget. I have been there though not with team. Checking out Valparai too. Will it be a good plan to take an overnight bus to Valparai and then get a cab locally arranged?
If I plan Sravanbelagola these guys will kick me out
@Anandg - check out Mudumalai if you had not been before. Last time we did a team outing to Mudumalai stayed in a Jungle resort, which has only jeeps beyond a checkpost, a deep jungle kind. Luckily spotted 100+ deer and about 5-6 wild elephants. Book the elephant safari too in Mudumalai, or else its a big big queue and wait time. The route itself is scenic, and on the way, you could find deer, bison, peacocks and monkeys. So you don't have to take a separate safari as they would also show the same. Kids will enjoy for sure!
Wayanad is also good, I have been with family, but would be better for a 3 day trip and only if you avoid shuttling to and fro in an urge to cover places. We did this mistake and were dead tired because of this.
Old 2nd June 2011, 06:14   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvishnu7 View Post
Checking out Valparai too. Will it be a good plan to take an overnight bus to Valparai and then get a cab locally arranged?
I just checked. There is a KSRTC night bus (Non-Volvo; Rajhamsa) from Bangalore to Pollachi starting at 8:30. (The bus is in fact bound to Munnar and goes via Hosur/CBE/Pollachi).

You can contact the Vlaparai hotel guys and ask to arrange local cab from Pollachi.
Hotels/resorts arrange cabs either from Valparai town or from Pollachi.

While returning come down to Pollachi, take a bus to CBE and then you get large options form Bangalore.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2011, 10:47   #18
BHPian

Hi, Valparai is a great option and suits your requirement of a quiet place amidst nature's bounty. I had been there in April and the climate is pleasant except for the noon (if monsoons pickup, it will be awesome).
Apart from the 3 estate bunglows normally offered, Woodbriar group showed us a 260 year old large bunglow amidst great greenery. We had gone for a visit to this bunglow and a walk behind the bunglow to spot bisons. There was large group staying there and it has to be VFM since it didnt look like its being maintained as a premium offer.

Munnar is an equally good option if you stay at the right place to avoid the crowd. I have always been mesmerised by Munnar during the monsoon. KDHP gives its estate bunglows which are nestled faraway from the town in Munnar. You can travel directly from Bangalore by the overnight buses as suggested by Ampere. The rates may have come down after May and you could speak directly to Mr Dharmaraj for a good offer.
Have a look at the pictures of the bunglows in my T-log http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ays-bliss.html

Avoid Kodai.

Rgds
VW
VindyWheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2011, 10:27   #19
BHPian

If you are planning to go by train, than go to goa and stay at Margoa. Hotel woodlands and la fora is recommended, both are close to railway station. Than you can undertake one day north goa trip and one day south goa trip. One spare day you can visit Colva beach. Getting accomodation too will not be problem for bachelor boys in Goa.
ukderebail is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2011, 20:28   #20
BHPian

We had been to Coffee Gudda near Horanadu and it was amazing.Costed us 1200 per head, and it was really worth it.Contact Manjunath 9741521777 or Coffee Gudda Owner 9448890009.
You can check the pictures and the place below.

CoffeeGudda @ Chikmagalur: a travellogue « AlphabetWorld!

Most Viewed