Team-BHP - Help required on 2/3 days team outing to Ooty/Kerala/Goa from Bangalore
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Route / Travel Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/)
-   -   Help required on 2/3 days team outing to Ooty/Kerala/Goa from Bangalore (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/102133-help-required-2-3-days-team-outing-ooty-kerala-goa-bangalore.html)

Dear BHPians,
I need your advise in planning a trip for my team of 7-10 men :D
So we ideally are planning to spend a weekend (Sat and Sun), probably can stretch for a day max ie., 3 days (Fri or Mon).
The immediate places that we thought off are Ooty, Chickmagalur, Dandeli, Goa. (Please feel free to suggest any thing else).I would earnestly require your expertise in looking out for good places that would be memorable.

1. We tried to book Dandeli water rafting and rappelling, but looks like the time we are planning (June 3rd week) the water levels may be more. So the Kali resort guys themselves say its just 50-50 chances. You know, no one will want to go Dandeli and get back with out these adventures. Also its little expensive.
2. The next thing is Ooty, but we just were able to get 5 '2C' tickets for toy train tickets from Ooty to Mettypalayam on Sunday. Rest 5 WL. Also we do not want to stay in Ooty as its very commercialized and too crowded. Perhaps we will visit Ooty as most of them have not gone but we wanted to stay and spend time in a more pleasant calm place. Some suggested Lovedale, but only one resort is available which could accommodate small family, the owner gracefully said he is not interested to rent for a group of men
Some suggested Coonor but getting a place to our budgets look tough. I am feeling bad, but needless to say, we are looking for value for money.
Also on plan Chickmangalur-Kemmangundi, and Goa. Very confused as we dont have much experience in travelling to these places. Please put in your comments as to best place to visit this June end. Hotel, Lodging, places to visit etc. Other places that we looked for are all on western ghats like Munnar, Kumily, Pollachi, Mudumalai (already went), Valparai etc.
We are either planning to hire a taxi/cab or book and go by train.please:

Vishnu,

These are some circuits you can think for your trip

a) Bangalore - Ooty -Wayanad - Coorg - Bangalore

b) Bangalore - Chikmagalur - Sringeri - Horanadu - Tirthahalli - Agumbe - Udupi - mangalore - Bangalore

c) Bangalore - Chikmagalur - Shivamogga - Jog falls - Karwar - Goa - Bangalore

d) Bangalore - Hampi - Badami - Belgaum - Goa - Bangalore - best time to go now during monsoon and if you are lucky will see beautiful water falls at Badami

e) Why not Rayalaseema? Bangalore - Srisailam - Kurnool - Mahanandi - Ahobilam - GAndikota fort - adapati - Very good option as it wont be raining there that bad.

Pls note that all places in Westernghats, Coastal karnatak and Kerala will be experinceing heavy rains between June 15 till July end. Make the plan accordingly.

With 2 or 3 days at max; you could do this :

1) B'lore - Munnar - B'lore
2) B'lore - Ooty - Wayanad - B'lore
3) B'lore - Chikmagalur - Kudremukh - Agumbe - B'lore

I'd suggest the 3rd. Nice drive and amazing weather. And the rains are the time to get there.

Vishnu - You may want to explore the Apna Sapna resorts at Chikmagalur. A few of my office colleagues ( ~ 11 of them ) stayed there last month. I believe they are quite competitive and not all that expensive.

Stay away from Coonoor / Ooty if you are planning to be there over the weekends. The whole place is full of people and people and more people, not to talk about the infinite Bikes and the few thousand cars jostling for space and parking - it can be a nightmare.

As for the toy train at Ooty, it has broken down 22 times over the last 6 months. ( i read in a local tamil newspaper last week )

Thanks so much for the suggestions and information Fauji, libranof1987 and jkrishnakj.
We are also thinking of these: valparai, kumily, munnar, thekkady and gavi. You know when in a team we get lot of different ideas :) and hard to reach consensus. I am trying my best to get one of those suggested. I will keep you posted.

If its three days, I would suggest Valparai. Not many distractions at the place, and at the same you dont feel you are getting in the same place.

You can visit dams, or trek or just walk in those tea estates.

Its worth it, even from the view of a real nice and long drive. (450 km and the read is just fantastic!)

HI Ampere,
I am also in same delima, albeit with family. Please suggest route from Bangalore to Valparai along with places to visit and accomodation (a good homestay would be really helpful).

Thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pvishnu7 (Post 2373457)
Dear BHPians,
I need your advise in planning a trip for my team of 7-10 men :D

Also on plan Chickmangalur-Kemmangundi, and Goa. We are either planning to hire a taxi/cab or book and go by train.please:

The Chikmagalur-Kemmangundi plan will be a good choice IMHO.

In Chikmagalur, you can stay at the Planters Court which is on the main IG road. They have fairly good rooms and a very nice restaurant with bar.

From here you can visit Kemmangundi (around 50 kms) and do the trek of about 10kms through thick forests to the Hebbe falls. The monsoons will make the trek even more challenging :)

If you plan to stay at Kemmangundi, the only place is probably the govt. guest house (called the Raj Bhavan IIRC).

You can also visit the Bhadra Wildlife Sanctuary (aka Muthodi forest) and drive through the forest or take the forest department managed safari.

On your way back to Bangalore, visit the Belur, Helebid temples for their awesome architecture and the Sravanbelagola hill.

2-4 days will suffice to do all of these, and you stags will have ample opportunities to have fun :D

Just make sure you have your own transport or hire a cab from Bangalore. Train travel is not a very good idea for these places.

Why haven't you thought about Yercaud? I had planned a team outing for my Company a couple of years back in Yercaud from Chennai and everyone had a great time! The problem with most of the places suggested here(maybe other than Chikmagalur) is that they all take up a lot of time in travelling, unless you are taking a night train, which you may not want to do in a team outing.
Yercaud is quite closer and you can devote less time travelling. If you are interested, I can hook you up with some nice homestays based on your budget.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anandg (Post 2374035)
HI Ampere,
I am also in same delima, albeit with family. Please suggest route from Bangalore to Valparai along with places to visit and accomodation (a good homestay would be really helpful).

Thanks.

Route:
Bangalore-Krishnagiri-Salem-Bhavani-Perundurai-Palladam-Pollachi-Valparai.

Attached is the Route Map in Google

Places to stay: Tea Estates : 2 of then Woodbriar Group and Waterfall group.
More updates are available here in the following thread:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...eral-info.html

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anandg (Post 2374035)
HI Ampere,

Thanks.

@pvishnu7 & Anandg, Topslip/Valparai is really good for a weekend trip. Moderately crowded (compared to Ooty/Kodai or other hill stations).

Have a look at this thread for valparai related info (stay, POI etc).
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...eral-info.html

@ pvishnu7, Other than Valparai, options could be (in no particular order)
1. Kollihills
2. Wayanad
3. Munnar/Thekkady
4. Chikmagalur
5. Bandipur/Ooty
6. boat house (Allapey backwaters) & Beaches in Kerala (near Calicut/Cochin) - bit longer. would require 3 days but would be fun.

All these places are within reach for a weekend trip and holds its own attractions. You can fix on a place first based on your interests, then would be easy to get the acco, POI related info.

EDIT: Just saw Ampere's prev post answering Valparai related queries.

Thanks Ampere and nfsfreak. This is what I was looking for. Can one do Nelliampaty as well from valparai? How far it is and what would be the best step forward?

From Valparai, You need to come to Pollachi and then take pollachi-nemmara-nelliampathy route. Not sure about the condition of roads. Around 140-150 kms, I guess. Ampere can confirm.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nfsfreak (Post 2374339)
From Valparai, You need to come to Pollachi and then take pollachi-nemmara-nelliampathy route. Not sure about the condition of roads. Around 140-150 kms, I guess. Ampere can confirm.

I have never been to Nelliyampathy, so I cant comment with confidence.. But I think Nemmara is about 50km from Pollachi and its from there, one needs to divert to Nelliyampathy.

The man of the moment is "Laluks" Please PM him.

Here is his log:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...-valparai.html

Quote:

Originally Posted by luvurride (Post 2374067)
Why haven't you thought about Yercaud? I had planned a team outing for my Company a couple of years back in Yercaud from Chennai and everyone had a great time! The problem with most of the places suggested here(maybe other than Chikmagalur) is that they all take up a lot of time in travelling, unless you are taking a night train, which you may not want to do in a team outing.
Yercaud is quite closer and you can devote less time travelling. If you are interested, I can hook you up with some nice homestays based on your budget.

There is nothing much to do in Yercaud for three days. It is good only for weekend trip.

Most of the places suggested are all within six hours driving time from Bangalore except possibly Valparai which may take some more time.

Vishnu,

I got confused and thought you will be going for 7-10 days and hence those circuits:Frustrati

Unless you are fond of rain, rule out Western Ghats and West Coast. Bangalore - Hampi - Badami - Bangalore is a good bet for three days as it wont be raining that much in the region in June. Hotel Malligi is an excellent value for Money in Hampi. As said earlier, you may be fortunate to see lovely waterfalls as back drop to picturesque Bhoothanatha temple.
Take a look at this link

bhootnath temple badami - Google Search