Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 22nd June 2011, 16:16   #16
BHPian

Re: Northward from Delhi

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudev View Post
Interesting tip ranjitp1

My whole idea of not proposing Manali was the time it take by road and with limited time at hand this is last thing you want to waste. But hey hiring bikes at end of the journey throws up interesting possibilities. (throw up pun intended in view of other posts). Hire and tour less travelled area of Tirthan valley and may be even alternate route to Bilaspur over the old pass.

There are simply too many possibilities and it all depends on you and your companion to decide. I always look for road less travelled and explore my way.
Would definitely go as suggested if the lake remains inaccessible. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Yes exactly,so true.Thats what happens in the Shimla & Manali Volvos all the while.I once spoke to a driver at Manali who does Manali-Delhi and he was telling me he is fed up doing the route,because every 10-20mins he gets requests for Throw-Up stops from the passengers which invariably takes a hit on his average speeds.Apple Juice is the only saviour in those parts since it contains an acidity regulator that keeps people from throwing up.
Will be careful not to eat anything from evening onwards and i'll keep a couple of bottles of APPY!

OT:
Talking about precautions for vomit, one should not eat much before journey, second precaution is what our brother said (apple juice), and if you do feel the urge, breathe inside a closed paper/plastic bag. It should go within a couple of minutes.

OT: (On-topic)
Anybody got any idea about bike rentals in manali areas? advance/rent and what i should prepare about?

Most Viewed