Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th November 2017, 14:36   #31
BHPian

Re: Muzaffarpur to Delhi via Gorakhpur-Faizabad-Lucknow-Kanpur-Agra-Palwal (NH2 & 71B)

Drove Delhi- Darbhanga- Delhi in October 2017. Lucknow was a stopover for both the up and the downward drives. As updated by BoneCollector, the GopalGanj stretch remains a worry. It is still under construction, though the construction work is not halted any longer and seemed to be progressing. So, even though the flyover in Gopalganj town is still not complete, good progress has been made in road construction. Now there are only a few kms of road construction left.

At some places in Eastern UP, between Gorakhpur and Faizabad, the road requires repairing. Heavy truck traffic and tire marks have created depression on the tarmac which may not be visible, but creates minor divider like structure in the middle of the road, which may lead to accidents especially for two wheelers, which we find in large numbers on this stretch. In short, the time has when regular maintenance of these roads which are getting slightly older now.

Agra- Lucknow Expressway is a bliss, especially given the fact that one does not even have to pay toll yet. Absence of filling stations and restrooms on this 300 kms stretch is a problem though.
itinerant is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2017, 15:03   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Muzaffarpur to Delhi via Gorakhpur-Faizabad-Lucknow-Kanpur-Agra-Palwal (NH2 & 71B)

Quote:
Originally Posted by itinerant View Post
At some places in Eastern UP, between Gorakhpur and Faizabad, the road requires repairing. Heavy truck traffic and tire marks have created depression on the tarmac which may not be visible, but creates minor divider like structure in the middle of the road, which may lead to accidents especially for two wheelers, which we find in large numbers on this stretch. In short, the time has when regular maintenance of these roads which are getting slightly older now.

I did the Lucknow-Muzaffarpur stretch on 2nd October but I don't know how missed it updating here. You are correct about the depression in the roads which are due to heavily loaded trucks. These have formed a track kind of thing which is dangerous even for 4 wheelers. I drove at 60-70 on that stretch after Gopalganj till Pipra. I even saw a Fortuner fishtailing because of that, thankfully nothing happened. The maintenance of road from Gopalganj to Pipra is poor but it's better in reverse direction. The Pipra-Gopalganj sector has no depressions on road.

Muzaffarpur to Delhi via Gorakhpur-Faizabad-Lucknow-Kanpur-Agra-Palwal (NH2 & 71B)-img_20171116_145558.jpg
We encountered very heavy rains around Gorakhpur bypass.
BoneCollector is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2018, 09:19   #33
BHPian

Has anyone tried the route from sonepur to gopalganj via parsa-rail wheel factory-amnour? Google maps shows that Patna to gopalganj via this route is half an hour faster than the muzaffarpur route. The ultimate goal is to join the NH28 on way to Delhi from Patna. Any inputs greatly appreciated.
Old 30th March 2018, 09:41   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niteshbids View Post
Has anyone tried the route from sonepur to gopalganj via parsa-rail wheel factory-amnour?

Yes, as rightly shown on Google, please take Parsa route to Gopalganj.
Patna-Digha-Pehleja-Nayagaon-rail wheel factory road-Parsa-Amnour-Gopalganj
Wanderers is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2018, 11:06   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderers View Post
Yes, as rightly shown on Google, please take Parsa route to Gopalganj.
Patna-Digha-Pehleja-Nayagaon-rail wheel factory road-Parsa-Amnour-Gopalganj
Thanks for the input. Have you tried this route? How much time approximately does it take from sonepur to gopalganj?
Old 30th March 2018, 11:44   #36
BHPian

Quote:
How much time approximately does it take from sonepur to gopalganj?
I start from Nayagaon and not Patna.
Nayagaon to Gopalganj is three hours in a SUV.
This is as of jun-17.
Old 30th March 2018, 16:07   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderers View Post
I start from Nayagaon and not Patna.
Nayagaon to Gopalganj is three hours in a SUV.
This is as of jun-17.
I'm a bit confused. Nayagon according to google maps is completely away from the sonepur-gopalganj route!
Attached Thumbnails
Muzaffarpur to Delhi via Gorakhpur-Faizabad-Lucknow-Kanpur-Agra-Palwal (NH2 & 71B)-map-2.png  

Muzaffarpur to Delhi via Gorakhpur-Faizabad-Lucknow-Kanpur-Agra-Palwal (NH2 & 71B)-map1.png  

Old 30th March 2018, 17:47   #39
BHPian

Oops! My bad. Can't believe I missed that

Thanks a ton to BoneCollector & Wanderers. The route seems good to go. I just hope that fate doesn't play with me. Can't wait for August to come.

Are you guys from Patna-muzzafarpur area? I am based in Patna. Would love to catch up with a fellow BHPian in person.
Old 31st March 2018, 21:38   #40
BHPian

Quote:

Are you guys from Patna-muzzafarpur area? I am based in Patna. Would love to catch up with a fellow BHPian in person.
Yes I am from Nayagaon area but working in Delhi NCR. Will surely try to meet during next visit. We returned only last week.

Did not realize that there are several Nayagaon in Bihar or for that matter in India.
Old 31st March 2018, 22:38   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I'm an Orthopaedic Surgeon based at Muzaffarpur. Been there for quite some time. Will be here for quite some time. Another famous BHPian is Sheel from Purnea. You stay in Patna? What do you do?
BoneCollector is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st March 2018, 23:15   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
I'm an Orthopaedic Surgeon based at Muzaffarpur. Been there for quite some time. Will be here for quite some time. Another famous BHPian is Sheel from Purnea. You stay in Patna? What do you do?
Yep. I stay in Patna. Am a mechanical engineer by qualification and after working in M&M transmission department for close to 4 years, now with my family engaged in modular furniture and uPVC windows manufacturing business. Do you visit Patna? Would be great to meet up
Old 1st April 2018, 09:52   #43
Team-BHP Support

What do guys usually prefer, the E-W corridor via Gorakhpur or via NH-2 [GT road] via Varanasi and why?

I haven't driven much on GT road [maybe for some odd 500kms] but I feel, there is too much traffic on the old road, plus, the surface sometimes isn't good, though further widening is being done and you get better amenities.

But, for bypassing towns, the EW corridor is awesome, you wouldn't even feel places like Darbhanga, Muzaffarpur, Gorakhpur have come up and gone.
Old 2nd April 2018, 09:08   #44
BHPian

Haven't driven much on GT road except once from Varanasi to Patna 1.5 years ago in a borrowed Scorpio.

Have driven on the EW corridor on my work trips to madhubani, darbangha and once to bettiah in the i10 that i had till a few weeks ago. I have found the EW corridor to be faster.

Also, amongst the drive from Patna to reach either of the two options, reaching EW corridor has better roads and lesser traffic than GT road. (may have taken a wrong route in my sole excursion but that was the case).

In order to reach Delhi by road, the combo of Lucknow agra expressway and YE expressway is much more inviting than Kanpur-Delhi GT road. So I'm leaning towards that option for my planned trip
Old 2nd April 2018, 09:19   #45
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
In order to reach Delhi by road, the combo of Lucknow agra expressway and YE expressway is much more inviting than Kanpur-Delhi GT road. So I'm leaning towards that option for my planned trip
This should be a better option than the GT Road in my opinion as well.

Lucknow should be an ~ 8 hour drive from Muzaffarpur, unsure of how much time would the rest of the drive take. BHPian BoneCollector can shed more light
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks