Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 2nd April 2018, 09:19   #46
BHPian

Sheel, Have you driven down to Patna? If yes, which route do you prefer? The EW corridor via MFP, DARBANGHA? Or via Khagaria, begusrai, BAKHTIYARPUR?

The first one is probably faster but longer by a big margin. The second is shorter but should be taking sinilar time for a much shorter distance.

I may have to travel to Purnia for some work in the coming few days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
This should be a better option than the GT Road in my opinion as well.

Lucknow should be an ~ 8 hour drive from Muzaffarpur, unsure of how much time would the rest of the drive take. BHPian BoneCollector can shed more light
Lucknow to Greater Noida should be about 5 hours for 500 odd kms without breaks. Patna to muzaffarpur takes 1.5 to 2 hours depending on traffic. So Patna to Greater Noida should be possible in about 15

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 2nd April 2018 at 12:16. Reason: typo
Old 2nd April 2018, 09:32   #47
Team-BHP Support

Re: Muzaffarpur to Delhi via Gorakhpur-Faizabad-Lucknow-Kanpur-Agra-Palwal (NH2 & 71B)

Have replied at a relevant thread here

Others may find the answer if they are looking for so have given a link
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2018, 10:38   #48
BHPian

Re: Muzaffarpur to Delhi via Gorakhpur-Faizabad-Lucknow-Kanpur-Agra-Palwal (NH2 & 71B)

Quote:
Originally Posted by niteshbids View Post
So Patna to Greater Noida should be possible in about 15
Yes its possible.

Noida- Lucknow: 5 hours.
Lucknow- Gopalganj: 6.5 hours with break.
Gopalganj- Patna: 4.5 hours.

Please ensure correct air pressure and consider break on Agra-Lucknow stretch. Its long distance, easy but boring drive.
Wanderers is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2018, 00:02   #49
BHPian

Hello All, any hotel recommendations for Lucknow and/or Gorakhpur? The main consideration is that it should not be too far from the highway. Not necessarily luxurious, any decent and clean place will do. Thanks in advance.
Old 7th June 2018, 06:54   #50
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itinerant View Post
Hello All, any hotel recommendations for Lucknow and/or Gorakhpur? The main consideration is that it should not be too far from the highway. Not necessarily luxurious, any decent and clean place will do. Thanks in advance.
We stayed at Hotel Piccadilly in Lucknow. Although it's costly, the ease of accessibility from the Agra-Lucknow expressway and the NH28 is good. It has a good parking area but in open. Here is the location - The Piccadily
Kanpur Road, Sector B, Bara Birwa, Sector B, Bargawan, LDA Colony, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh 226005
0522 409 6000

https://goo.gl/maps/ocW6kAiyxd72
BoneCollector is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th June 2018, 14:12   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
We stayed at Hotel Piccadilly in Lucknow. Although it's costly, the ease of accessibility from the Agra-Lucknow expressway and the NH28 is good. It has a good parking area but in open. Here is the location - The Piccadily
Kanpur Road, Sector B, Bara Birwa, Sector B, Bargawan, LDA Colony, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh 226005
0522 409 6000

https://goo.gl/maps/ocW6kAiyxd72
Thank you so much. Much appreciated. Any recommendations in Gorakhpur? I think with Expressway in place till Lucknow, Gorakhpur is better option for a break.
Old 7th June 2018, 14:17   #52
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itinerant View Post
Thank you so much. Much appreciated. Any recommendations in Gorakhpur? I think with Expressway in place till Lucknow, Gorakhpur is better option for a break.
Sorry but I've no idea about Gorakhpur. I've used the bypass so mostly end up crossing it. For a hotel, one would need to venture into the city.
BoneCollector is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2018, 15:54   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niteshbids View Post
So Patna to Greater Noida should be possible in about 15
Please consider Patna to Greater Noida via new Digha bridge- Govindchak-Parsa-Gopalgunj onto EW corridor to Lucknow. It has less traffic except during marriage season or Chath Puja
3 hours for Patna-Gopalgunj and another 6-7 hours to Lucknow depending on breaks.

I did Govindchak (actually from Nayagaon, which is very nearby) to Noida in 13 hours.

Last edited by Wanderers : 7th June 2018 at 15:57.
Wanderers is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2018, 11:02   #54
BHPian

Dear BHPians
I am planning to drive from Raxaul (Birgunj Nepal border) to Siliguri through India in the next 10/15 days.
Though the shortest distance is through Nepal i.e. 430 km, I would like to explore the roads in North Bihar.
Google Maps is giving the following route:
Raxaul-Motihari-Muzaffarpur-Darbhanga-Pratapganj-Forbesganj-Araria-Bahadurganj-Thakurganj-Siliguri.
I am aware about the Raxaul-Muzaffarpur stretch, need information on the remaining section i.e. the Muzaffarpur-Siliguri stretch.
I think Sheel can help me on this.
Regards
Samrat
Old 8th November 2018, 12:34   #55
BHPian

Freinds,

Planning to drive from Delhi to Saharsa (Bihar), starting early morning on Saturday, the 10th (day after tomorrow) via Agra-Lucknow-Gopalganj-Muzaffarpur-Baptiyahi- Supaul.

Any updates on the route would be helpful.

We may halt at night at Kushinagar. Any hotels on the highway?

Thanks in advance.

Jhaji
jhaji is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2018, 14:17   #56
BHPian

You will be taking Yamuna Expressway, Agra-Lucknow Expressway and then East-West corridor up to Darbhanga which is an excellent route. From East - West Corridor to Saharsa, I dont have much idea but I am sure you will enjoy your drive.
ashtrix is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2018, 15:45   #57
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhaji View Post
Freinds,
Any updates on the route would be helpful.
Someone in family took this route on 6th November (Tuesday). He started at 12:30pm from Indirapuram, Ghaziabad and reached Muzaffarpur at 4am via Yamuna Expressway, Agra-Lucknow Expressway and there after via NH28. He has an i20, first gen. He did not face any issues anywhere. They took a break at Lucknow for 2 hours for dinner. He was the only driver with family. My cousin did the same stretch in August, started at 5am, reached Muzaffarpur at 7pm. Just remember, this time of year, you may get fog at few places plus since you'll be driving east, sunlight goes off by 4:30 -5pm.

Quote:
We may halt at night at Kushinagar. Any hotels on the highway?
I have no clue about this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
may find the answer
To
Quote:
-Muzaffarpur-Baptiyahi- Supaul- Saharsa
route. He has better idea Muzaffarpur onwards on East-West Corridor.

Last edited by BoneCollector : 8th November 2018 at 15:57.
BoneCollector is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th November 2018, 16:31   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashtrix View Post
You will be taking Yamuna Expressway, Agra-Lucknow Expressway and then East-West corridor up to Darbhanga which is an excellent route. From East - West Corridor to Saharsa, I dont have much idea but I am sure you will enjoy your drive.

Thanks. Yes, that is the route we plan to take.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
Someone in family took this route on 6th November (Tuesday). ...

Just remember, this time of year, you may get fog at few places plus since you'll be driving east, sunlight goes off by 4:30 -5pm.

It is reassuring to know of the recent drives on this route that you mention. Thanks for your warning about the fog. There will be at least 3 other cars with my younger cousins and their families driving more or less together. At least, I won't be alone.
Old 8th November 2018, 18:48   #59
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
It is reassuring to know of the recent drives on this route that you mention. Thanks for your warning about the fog. There will be at least 3 other cars with my younger cousins and their families driving more or less together. At least, I won't be alone.
Here is another one from our own forum.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route...ml#post4492199
BoneCollector is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2018, 18:56   #60
Team-BHP Support

One of my very close buddy did Purnia to Lucknow in 12 hours with multiple stops. He had an year old baby, so one can very well understand. He drove a Tucson AWD.

Most Viewed