Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st March 2012, 19:20   #91
BHPian

re: Bangalore - Shillong - Bhutan : Route Queries

wins2807,
I haven't got time to re-plan this trip... and the truth is I almost forgot this.
Thanks for re-igniting the fire. I'll pm you my contact details.
Old 11th April 2019, 22:09   #92
BHPian

re: Bangalore - Shillong - Bhutan : Route Queries

Gangtok to siliguri road is pathetic. Take this road only if you are trying to sell your car after the trip. Really very bad roads. Narrow and dusty. I travelled on this road in november 2018.
Old 31st March 2021, 14:33   #93

Bangalore to Shillong in April 2021 - Need Route help

Background

Ever since I read 4 Hour Work Week by Tim Ferris, it was my life long dream to live in a new place for a month and experience the place while I work.

This time the opportunity has come. Now that we can work from anywhere, we want to try living in a different place / culture for a month.

Why Shillong

We have few friends from Shillong and we have asked them to find us a place to stay. Checked in Airbnb - but Shillong is quite expensive. If nothing works out I am planning to stay in Guwhati - found a few good apartments with kitchen around 30k a month.

Route Options

These are the 2 options Google is suggesting

Route 1 : Bangalore - Hyderabad - Nagpur - Allahabad - Siliguri - Shillong

Route 2 : Bangalore - Warangal - Ranchi - Siliguri - Shillong

Need help from fellow travellers in deciding between these routes. Ok to take a longer route, as long as the places we stay will be decent ( oyoish is fine with us - 1.5k a night stay budget )

Also any detours, things we should watch for.

Thanks a bunch.

Cheers!
Attached Thumbnails
Bangalore - Shillong - Bhutan : Route Queries-screenshot-20210331-2.32.32-pm.png  

Bangalore - Shillong - Bhutan : Route Queries-screenshot-20210331-2.31.35-pm.png  

vencat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2021, 13:11   #94

Re: Bangalore - Shillong - Bhutan : Route Queries

We reached Shillong yesterday.

Did not find much information on the 2 routes suggested by Google ( via Hyderabad and one via Nagpur )

We took the better known option via West Bengal.

Day 1 : Bangalore to Rajahmundry
Day 2 : Rajahmundry to Bubaneshwar
Day 3 : Bubaneshwar to Asansol
Day 4 : Asansol to Siliguri
Day 5 : Siliguri to Shillong

When we started we had taken an RT-PCR Test. Odissa had said they need negative covid test to enter. But there was no checkpoint, nothing at the border.

By the time we reached Shillong the magic 72 hours was long gone - so we had to take an RT-PCR Test ( Rs.500 ) - and have to self quarantine for 2 days till the report comes.

Every where crossing the tolls was a breeze. Couldn't imagine the good old days when we have to hunt for a lane and pray it is not the frozen lane while all the queues around us keep moving.

Road was fantastic - almost for 80%.

If anyone wants anything specific you can PM me. Will be happy to help.

Cheers
vencat is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks