Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th July 2011, 15:12   #1
BHPian

Help Needed , Can Chevrolet SRV explore Leh Ladakh

Mod Note : Please continue the discussion on TSK1979's excellent Leh & Ladakh Guide at this link

Hi Teambhpians

I have a query , does Chevrolet SRV has enough Ground clearance to explore ladakh . We will be going through manali and will come back by srinagar route. Please help me out .

Last edited by GTO : 31st May 2013 at 10:32. Reason: Link to Guide
Old 5th July 2011, 16:27   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Help Needed , Can Chevrolet SRV explore Leh Ladakh

put in "ladakh stuck" in the search box.
your question will be answered, amply, and pictorially!
although not specifically an SRV, but i feel enough to convince you to go in something else, maybe?
Old 6th July 2011, 13:20   #3
BHPian

Hi Safari
May be you should actually try it out in a higher and more sturdy vehicle with a better ground clearance, would suggest a Scorpio, Safari, Gypsy
Secondly you need to remember that for going into Leh a prerequisite is that you need to have enough driving skills on terrains and slippery roads and travel is extremely seasonal

Cheers
Prasad
Old 6th July 2011, 14:02   #4
BHPian

I just cam back from ldakh trip on my Swift Dzire (with 5 people and thier luggage), and on my way had a Zen (the one prior to estillo) driving aghead of us. if a zen and fully occupied Dzire can do it, so should an SRV. just drive carefully.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safari_Beast View Post
Hi Teambhpians

I have a query , does Chevrolet SRV has enough Ground clearance to explore ladakh . We will be going through manali and will come back by srinagar route. Please help me out .
Old 6th July 2011, 14:23   #5
v&v
Senior - BHPian

SB, I did leh last month.
IMO its doable but , depends on the condition of SRV, Contingencies in case of breakdown, as the terrain is hostile with no mobile connectivity on all passes. Also the entire region is very dusty and how the vehicle behaves in that environment and finally how good driver you are to manage water passes, big craters, no road condition and above all the taxis and other behind honking to overtake will test you nerves to travel at there pace.

Also leh manali will take toll on your vehicle for sure. The later is much better.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks