Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2011, 14:04   #1

South Bangalore to BIAL

Hi friends,

I have to do to pick up some friends from Bangalore Airport in the evening.
Their flight arrive at 8.30 PM. This is the first time I will be driving down to BIAL.

I intend to leave early from our home around 5PM in South bangalore on bannerghatta Road and stop around Palace Grounds for an hour or so.

This is just to avoid the mighty traffic congestion in around CBD during the peak hours. I plan to take the following route

BG Road - Hosur Rd -Museum Rd - St Marks Rd- MG Circle - Queen's Rd - Minsk's Square - Rajbhavan Rd - Sankey's Rd - Palace Ground - Mekiri Circle - Hebbal -NH7 - BIAL

I wanted to check if the road around Minsk Square is not closed because of Metro work.

I am also looking at suggestions where I can stop for an hour or so. Any good park/mall or anything worth seeing is an option preferably closer to the airport.

I have hardly ventured out in that side of the city and don't have too much idea.
Old 16th July 2011, 19:04   #2
Team-BHP Support

The route you mention is perfect. Though I don't know of a mall or park on this stretch. One option is CCD just after the Yelahanka bypass after the railway underpass. But for that matter you might as well reach BIAL and spend time at the CCD there!
Old 16th July 2011, 19:10   #3
Senior - BHPian

Re: South Bangalore to BIAL

Another option would be via Indian express - Cantonment - Mekri Circle - Hebbal - Airport. Even there, the traffic during evening would be high especially the stretch between Cantonment-TV Tower to Mekri Circle.

If you start at 5.30, you could reach airport at around 7pm and the best place to spend another hour is airport itself. You will have lot of options there.

Edit: Don't try Ring road option. It will be long as well as congested in the evening due to construction at several places.

Last edited by coolclouds : 16th July 2011 at 19:20.
Old 16th July 2011, 23:51   #4
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranarula View Post

I am also looking at suggestions where I can stop for an hour or so. Any good park/mall or anything worth seeing is an option preferably closer to the airport.

I have hardly ventured out in that side of the city and don't have too much idea.
There is 1 mall near Hebbal called Esteem Mall. That would be on the same route to airport. You could check that out for timepass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolclouds View Post
If you start at 5.30, you could reach airport at around 7pm and the best place to spend another hour is airport itself. You will have lot of options there.
I don't think non-passengers are allowed inside the main terminal where all the services are, as far as I know. Even inside, at most there are a couple of shoppers' stop outlets, a few eateries and a CCD. Esteem mall is still a better option in my opinion.

Last edited by KarthikK : 16th July 2011 at 23:57.
Old 17th July 2011, 09:20   #5

Thanks friends,

I took my originally planned route & the route was fine all the way with a minor deviation at Minsk square due to metro work. Nothing major though. Got heavy traffic on entire Sankey road but rest on the route was ok.
Decided to reach airport n wait there as it was raining all through. Esteem mall in Hebbal was definately an option I considered.

Took 2 hrs to reach when I started at 5.30pm at leisurely pace

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks