Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2011, 16:55   #1
BHPian

Ghaziabad-Agra-Ghaziabad Route Query

I will be driving down to Agra on the morning of 23rd July 2011 (Saturday) and will travel back on Sunday evening, any update on route blockages, inconveniences,issues due to the Kanwar Yatra
Old 19th July 2011, 17:08   #2
Team-BHP Support

Re: Ghaziabad-Agra-Ghaziabad Route Query

Just wanted to know, which is the preferred route here?

The one via Bulandshahr/Aligarh or via Mathura? Which is easier to latch on to?
Old 19th July 2011, 23:32   #3
BHPian

The one via Mathura. Don't even think about taking the Bulandshahr/Aligarh one. The roads are very good till Bulandshahr, if you take NH24 upto Hapur and then the right turn to Bulandshahr. But after that it's a nightmare.

\N
ntomer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2011, 07:10   #4
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntomer View Post
The one via Mathura. Don't even think about taking the Bulandshahr/Aligarh one. The roads are very good till Bulandshahr, if you take NH24 upto Hapur and then the right turn to Bulandshahr. But after that it's a nightmare.

\N
Thanks for re-confirming my own thoughts. The Bulandshahr/Aligarh/Agra sector roads would never change. Would they!?

Many a times back, used to be a regular on these circuits travelling by the famed UPSRTC and DTC buses!
Old 20th July 2011, 12:18   #5
BHPian

I was asking about Ghaziabad-Faridabad-Hodal-Mathura-Agra route,

I will be travelling on this route after almost 3 years now, so wanted to know if there are any major distruptions/diversions during the Kanwar Yatra?
Old 20th July 2011, 15:40   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajatsingh78 View Post
I was asking about Ghaziabad-Faridabad-Hodal-Mathura-Agra route,

I will be travelling on this route after almost 3 years now, so wanted to know if there are any major distruptions/diversions during the Kanwar Yatra?
The route is a totally stressfree drive.

However, a word of caution - be careful when you make a pitstop in between, and specially more if you are stopping at the dabchik tourist lodge for a pitstop. Once when i was travelling, 4 cars got looted of the belongings inside including mine, despite being locked. So just be careful about where you stop.

Also you may experience a bit of traffic while entering agra. Otherwise its a breeze.

Have a safe trip.
krazydriver84 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2011, 18:44   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazydriver84 View Post
The route is a totally stressfree drive.

However, a word of caution - be careful when you make a pitstop in between, and specially more if you are stopping at the dabchik tourist lodge for a pitstop. Once when i was travelling, 4 cars got looted of the belongings inside including mine, despite being locked. So just be careful about where you stop.

Also you may experience a bit of traffic while entering agra. Otherwise its a breeze.

Have a safe trip.
Thanks man for the word of caution and good wishes, however, I have been travelling on this route since time immemorable (atleast since 1998), because I basically belong to Agra and still have my parental house there.
I know this route like the back of my palm, BUT, since I was in Hyderabad from 2008 until May 2011 I didnt get a chance to travel via road.

My reason for posting here was if some changes have happened during this 3 yr time period and more importantly any blockages and diversion because of the Kanwar Yatra that started on 19 June.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks