Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th December 2011, 23:12   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Belgaum - Londa - Goa road condition

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVEPASSION View Post
HVK if you were to do Goa and extra distance was not a hassle - which route would you do -Belgaum - Amboli - Goa or Hubli - Karwar - Goa

I like both the routes, never mind some bad roads and extra distance!
Final choice would depend on where I am going to stay in Goa.
If it is South Goa, maybe I would take Belgaum-Khanapur-Anmod-Molem-Ponda-Madgaon.
If it is North Goa, I would take Nippani-Amboli-Savantwadi-Mapusa-Panaji
Just for the thrill of it, I would take the Hubli-Karwar route too
Seriously, I would take one route in and another out , so I enjoy both.
BTW, you do not have to g all the way to Belgaum to go to Amboli, you can turn off after Nippani or at Sankeshwar to go via Amboli.
Old 17th December 2011, 00:00   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
Just for the thrill of it, I would take the Hubli-Karwar route tool
Add to it:

Belgaum-Dharwad-Haliyal-Dandeli-Joida-Ganeshgudi-Ramnagar-Anmod-Ponda!

Pristine scenery, but bad roads. But views on the Kali river basin is just amazing.
Old 17th December 2011, 09:42   #18
BHPian

Quote:
I like both the routes, never mind some bad roads and extra distance!
Final choice would depend on where I am going to stay in Goa.
If it is South Goa, maybe I would take Belgaum-Khanapur-Anmod-Molem-Ponda-Madgaon.
If it is North Goa, I would take Nippani-Amboli-Savantwadi-Mapusa-Panaji
Just for the thrill of it, I would take the Hubli-Karwar route too
Seriously, I would take one route in and another out , so I enjoy both.
BTW, you do not have to g all the way to Belgaum to go to Amboli, you can turn off after Nippani or at Sankeshwar to go via Amboli.
HVK

I will do just that - take one way in and the other out - for driving is as experiential as the destination!

In case I take Amboli route on the way in - which is a better route - Nippani or Sankeshwar?
Old 17th December 2011, 09:44   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Add to it:

Belgaum-Dharwad-Haliyal-Dandeli-Joida-Ganeshgudi-Ramnagar-Anmod-Ponda!

Pristine scenery, but bad roads. But views on the Kali river basin is just amazing.
Ampere

Thanx will keep that in mind as another option

Old 17th December 2011, 09:51   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
HVK

I will do just that - take one way in and the other out - for driving is as experiential as the destination!

In case I take Amboli route on the way in - which is a better route - Nippani or Sankeshwar?
Sankeshwar-Amboli is better.
Old 17th December 2011, 10:01   #21
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Ampere

Thanx will keep that in mind as another option

Few snaps of the Anshi region, which I had posted some time back.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ml#post2118032

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post1842603
Old 17th December 2011, 11:09   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Sankeshwar-Amboli is better.
HVK

I have read a lot of reference on various threads to Konduskar - could you tell me what exactly is this and secondly if I need to make a overnight stopover with wife and kids between Pune and Sankeshwar which is a good budget option

Old 17th December 2011, 13:44   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVEPASSION

HVK

I have read a lot of reference on various threads to Konduskar - could you tell me what exactly is this and secondly if I need to make a overnight stopover with wife and kids between Pune and Sankeshwar which is a good budget option

Opal hotel at kolhapur.google for the website and contact.

Konduskar is a diesel dispensing stn at kolhapur on nh4.
Old 18th December 2011, 10:22   #24
BHPian

Quote:
HVK

There are "n" number of good options to stay at Kolhapur. Opel is a budget optiona and is good. A few more you may want to consider are - Orient Crown, Ayodhya (You will find this while entering Kolhapur), Pearl, Raison Regency, Panchashil, International, Tourists (All these near ST stand), Vrishali (Just off course from your road but good)

By all metro standards, the hotels I mentioned above are "cheap" but considered expensive in Kolhapur
Figopian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2011, 12:11   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figopian View Post
There are "n" number of good options to stay at Kolhapur. Opel is a budget optiona and is good. A few more you may want to consider are - Orient Crown, Ayodhya (You will find this while entering Kolhapur), Pearl, Raison Regency, Panchashil, International, Tourists (All these near ST stand), Vrishali (Just off course from your road but good)

By all metro standards, the hotels I mentioned above are "cheap" but considered expensive in Kolhapur
Hey,

Thanks - that is many options so no bookings required - drive in and check in
Old 18th December 2011, 21:55   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVEPASSION

Hey,

Thanks - that is many options so no bookings required - drive in and check in
Not a good idea! You better call them and confirm booking. Though there are too many hotels on Kolhapur, I have still seen everything house full during vacation, this is mainly because of lot of people coming to visit mahalaxmi temple. I know this because Kolhapur is my home town You should be able to find the hotel phone numbers over the net.
Old 19th December 2011, 12:37   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figopian View Post
Not a good idea! You better call them and confirm booking. Though there are too many hotels on Kolhapur, I have still seen everything house full during vacation, this is mainly because of lot of people coming to visit mahalaxmi temple. I know this because Kolhapur is my home town You should be able to find the hotel phone numbers over the net.
Hey,

That is going to take the thrill out of keeping options open - but advice well taken and do remember Ashish did mention sometime back that when with wife and kids avoid the unknown - so I think will confirm the booking right away!

Cheers and thanks

Old 27th February 2012, 16:26   #28

i am planning to travel from Pune to South Goa with the below travel plan. Need advise from the forum.
1. Pune to Belgaum (Overnite halt in Belgaum).
2. Start at early morning in Belgaum to South Goa via Khanapur,Ammod, Molem - Please advise on road conditions and generally prevailing trafiic conditions
3. Is there any good eateries on the way from Belgaum to South Goa for good break fast.
Old 28th February 2012, 08:10   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmmraj View Post
i am planning to travel from Pune to South Goa with the below travel plan. Need advise from the forum.
1. Pune to Belgaum (Overnite halt in Belgaum).
2. Start at early morning in Belgaum to South Goa via Khanapur,Ammod, Molem - Please advise on road conditions and generally prevailing trafiic conditions
3. Is there any good eateries on the way from Belgaum to South Goa for good break fast.
The route you are planning to take is NH-4A which is always in pathetic condition and full of mining trucks both moving and parked for miles along the road. Even if you need to go to South Goa, avoid this route like the plague. Since you are staying overnite in Belgaum, you can take the Belgaum-Amboli-Sawantwadi route to Goa. This will add extra kms to your drive but believe me, its worth it, because once you enter Goa from the North side, the roads within Goa will be butter smooth as usual.

You can halt for breakfast at Kamath at Amboli if you take the route I have mentioed.

Hope this helps

Last edited by suniladhiya : 28th February 2012 at 08:10. Reason: Typo
Old 29th February 2012, 14:13   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suniladhiya View Post
The route you are planning to take is NH-4A which is always in pathetic condition and full of mining trucks both moving and parked for miles along the road. Even if you need to go to South Goa, avoid this route like the plague. Since you are staying overnite in Belgaum, you can take the Belgaum-Amboli-Sawantwadi route to Goa. This will add extra kms to your drive but believe me, its worth it, because once you enter Goa from the North side, the roads within Goa will be butter smooth as usual.

You can halt for breakfast at Kamath at Amboli if you take the route I have mentioed.

Hope this helps
Belgaum-Amboli route is the same as taking a right turn from under the bridge and going straight on the circle instead of going on the service road parallel to the highway right? (i.e I should take "Bauxite Road" and join State Highway 20 somewhere later i.e., Sawantwadi Road?) Kindly clarify. Thanks!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks