Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th March 2015, 22:00   #61
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Road trip : Mumbai to Rajasthan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SajiNSalin View Post
I got stuck for 3.5 hours from 2000 to 2330 hours during which time I could move just 2 km!
For which you must have simply taken the Golden Bridge by entering Ankleshwar and exiting after Bharuch and joining back onto NH8.

Over the last 2 drives (Sept 2014, Feb 2015), I have simply followed this Golden Rule due to assured traffic movement at much saner average speeds (as opposed to the jams on main corridor) and it has always worked in my favor. Hardly takes 30 minutes to enter and reach the other side during the day and less than 20 minutes during the night.

Quote:
The Udaipur bypass is a real mess and may slow you down. Udaipur to Chittorgarh is another two hours.
We realized this when we drove onward for Ladakh in Sept 2014, got stuck, entered the bylanes (thanls to Googlemaps) and joined back the road to Chittorgarh and had a sigh of relief.

The mess I believe is better avoided if one doesn't really have to enter Udaipur and just bypass it.

This can be done by taking the Mehsana-Palanpur-Abu Road option after entering Sardar Patel Ring road. Clean, empty tolled roads but a bit of a detour worth every penny.
Old 26th March 2015, 09:16   #62

Re: Road trip : Mumbai to Rajasthan

Thanks Saji and Parag for your inputs.

From the discussions I think I will try and check out in advance on the traffic conditions of the bupass else get into Bharuch and use the Golden bridge as the default option.

Anyone having ideas on the Godhra route to Udaipur. A friend of mine mentioned that these days thats given as the default option even in terms of road signs.

Regards
Ashish

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks