Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd August 2011, 16:46   #1
BHPian

Bangalore - Pune - Indore - Jhansi - Agra - Moradabad route?

We plan to drive from Cochin upto Pithoragarh.
In cars, Linea etc.

Route 1. Bglr-Pune(bypass Mum)-Surat-Ahmedabad-Udaipur-Jaipur Delhi-(GQ)
from Delhi-Moradabad- (to Uttharkhand)Haldwani-Chaubatia- Almora to anywhere:Pithoragarh, Nainital....

Route 2. Bglr-Pune-(Aurangabad: Ajanta-Ellora)-Indore- Jhansi- Agra-Moradabad to Utharkhand...

Route No. 2 is short, can anybody give latest new highways built and road condition? Is this route a fast driving route or the old, sleepy, Truck-worthy 'Highways'?

Is this route really short, in effect? I mean, no benefit of a short-cut, if it is just 'short' but too narrow interior roads or dilapidated...
Old 3rd August 2011, 17:46   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bglr.Pune.Indore.Jhansi.Agra.Moradabad route

2) route:

Pune - Shirdi - Indore - Dewas: 4 lane road

Dewas - Shajapur - Guna - Shivpuri - Gwalior: 2 lane which has developed potholes in the rains and JAMS everywhere on the bridges.

Take this route only if you have no better options. I am from Indore.
Old 3rd August 2011, 17:53   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunney View Post
Route 2. Bglr-Pune-(Aurangabad: Ajanta-Ellora)-Indore- Jhansi- Agra-Moradabad to Utharkhand...

Route No. 2 is short, can anybody give latest new highways built and road condition? Is this route a fast driving route or the old, sleepy, Truck-worthy 'Highways'?
I'd travelled Pune-A'nagar-Aurangabad-NH211 to Dhule-NH3 to Indore in May this year. Started with 4 Lanes to Aurangabad, a nice very good condition NH211 to Dhule (80+ kmph is easy). Dhule to MP border was pathetic with 4 laning work an multiple rumbler strips slowing you down. MP border to Indore on NH3 is amazing.

I am not sure how the roads are now considering the rains.
Old 3rd August 2011, 18:10   #4
BHPian

So....no other decent route to Moradabad from Pune or anywhere from Bangalore-Pune route?

That means best is finish Aurangabad diverting from Pune, comeback to Pune to continue on GQ through Ahmedabad-Jaipur-Delhi- Moradabad ?
Old 4th August 2011, 09:10   #5
BHPian

Google suggests NH17 from Cochin to Mumbai with option of NH3 or NH8 from mumbai onwards. Not sure why you want to combine Pune. GQ from Mumbai is better option to get to Delhi and onwards to Moradabad.

Thread title indicates Bglr - any reason for that? Bglr to Mumbai will be over NH4 which is a good to drive on too. Connecting to NH3 from Pune is either via Nashik (2 lane road) or via A'nanar/Aurangabad. The other option is to take the MPEW to Panvel and connect to GQ via Thane/Ghodbunder.
mmxylorider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2011, 14:28   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmxylorider View Post
Google suggests NH17 from Cochin to Mumbai with option of NH3 or NH8 from mumbai onwards. Not sure why you want to combine Pune. GQ from Mumbai is better option to get to Delhi and onwards to Moradabad.

Thread title indicates Bglr - any reason for that? Bglr to Mumbai will be over NH4 which is a good to drive on too. Connecting to NH3 from Pune is either via Nashik (2 lane road) or via A'nanar/Aurangabad. The other option is to take the MPEW to Panvel and connect to GQ via Thane/Ghodbunder.
Infact GQ from Bangalore is better option to get to Moradabad, towards UK.
To enter GQ we have to touch Bangalore. NH 17 is short, but always crowded by trucks so some or other patches are ALWAYS broken. Though long, GQ is faster and cheaper finally.
Bangalore-Delhi on GQ is touching Pune suburb, No?

Bangalore-Delhi via G
Old 4th August 2011, 14:38   #7
BHPian

Re: Bangalore, Pune, Indore, Jhansi, Agra, Moradabad route

I have done Pune-Indore and back many times. The shortest and best road is Pune-Ahmednagar-Shirdi-Manmad-Malegaon (on to NH3) then Dhule-Sendhwa-Dhamnod-Indore.

There are good logical stops on the way, and other than some parts near the MP border that you should avoid at night, the road is safe. Except for some work around the MP border, the road is also good.

Post Indore, same NH3 will take you all the way to Agra.

IMO This would be your best bet
car.lover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2011, 16:00   #8
BHPian

Thanks car.lover,
I agree the route you suggested is shortest, I was pondering on it.
But my Linea is a low ground clearance one, if pot-holed, she has to run cautiously, and SLOW....
See what mercedised said yesterday, he is from Indore !

So, unless a confirmed fast NH is available GQ is the only way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedised View Post
2) route:

Pune - Shirdi - Indore - Dewas: 4 lane road

Dewas - Shajapur - Guna - Shivpuri - Gwalior: 2 lane which has developed potholes in the rains and JAMS everywhere on the bridges.

Take this route only if you have no better options. I am from Indore.
Old 4th August 2011, 16:53   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks car.lover,
I agree the route you suggested is shortest, I was pondering on it.
But my Linea is a low ground clearance one, if pot-holed, she has to run cautiously, and SLOW....
..............GQ is the only way.
@Sunney. yes, if you want a comfortable drive in a quality BUT low GC sedan like Linea, take GQ. If you were driving in winters (I mean far away from monsoons), you could have thought of enjoying scenic drive to Mumbai through Kokan on NH17 and then either take GQ or NH3 (Nasic-Indore-Gwaliar-Agra).

BUT, those options can't be recommended at this moment. Both NH17 and NH3 would have plenty of potholes, and NH3 would certainly have a 'bonus' of long ques of trucks, specially post-Devos.
LongDrive lover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2011, 17:17   #10
J.Ravi

Quote:
We plan to drive from Cochin upto Pithoragarh.
Also, there is Route 3: Kochi>Bangalore>Hyderabad>Nagpur [NH7]>Jhansi>Gwalior [NH26]>Pithoragarh. NH 7 is reportedly good between Bangalore and Nagpur [mostly 4-laned]. From Nagpur to Laknadon is reportedly good 2-laned NH 7. However, from Sagar to Gwalior, NH 26 is being widened to 4-lanes with a lot of diversions. I don't know the status of the remaining stretches. I will be driving on this route up to Gwalior en route New Delhi in this month. I shall update with my personal hands-on experience after my trip.
Quote:
Though long, GQ is faster and cheaper finally.
Road widening works [4 to 6 lanes] are in full swing between Mumbai and Surat & Ajmer and Gurgaon on NH 8 involving a lot of diversions, traffic jams, etc. I personally experienced these bottlenecks when I drove on this stretch in last November/December.
Quote:
Bangalore-Delhi on GQ is touching Pune suburb, No?
Yes. NH 4 bypasses Pune.

Last edited by J.Ravi : 4th August 2011 at 17:35.

Old 4th August 2011, 17:43   #11
BHPian

Thanks LongDrive lover,
Correctly said.

However Raviji is traveling before me. His advice can be blindly followable, I know him.
If he found this route somewhat ok, then we will come back through that.

BTW, in this drive, is there any point from where we can have a glimpse of Himalayas?
Sunney is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2012, 16:13   #12
BHPian

Pune to Jhansi Route Query

Dear Friends,
A close friend of mine needs to travel by own car from Pune to Jhansi sometime next week. However, he has not been able to finalise the route as we could not search for the latest info on this route. Most of the information is either from a year or two back, or it does not give us a clear picture of the end to end route.

Two routes that we have come across are:
1) Pune - Nashik - Dhule - Indore - Ujjain - Shivpuri - Jhansi (1058 Kms)
What we have gathered asbout this route is that Pune to Nashik is 2 lane SH, and then its a 4 lane all the way to Indore but then its again a 2 lane till Shivpuri. Not sure how the Shivpuri Jhansi route is currently.
2) GQ route - Pune - Mumbai - Udaipur - Jhansi (1527 Kms) - Even on this route we dont know the condition of the Udaipur Jhansi stretch. Of course the extra distance is also a dampner.
Please suggest if any other route is advisable. Requirement is that the route should have satisfactory road conditions if not excellent. 2 Lane highways will do, but potholed roads to be best avoided.
Cheers

Last edited by Rodie09 : 6th November 2012 at 16:15. Reason: format issues
Old 6th November 2012, 17:07   #13
Senior - BHPian

Re: Pune to Jhansi Route Query

Dewas-Shivpuri : This road is good in some patches and bad in some patches. You must also expect shorter duration jams.
Old 6th November 2012, 18:27   #14
Team-BHP Support

Re: Pune to Jhansi Route Query

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodie09 View Post
2) GQ route - Pune - Mumbai - Udaipur - Jhansi (1527 Kms) - Even on this route we dont know the condition of the Udaipur Jhansi stretch. Of course the extra distance is also a dampner.

Udaipur Jhansi is fully 4-laned. Its a part of East-West Corridor.

Refer HVK post here:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...oute-time.html
Old 6th November 2012, 20:27   #15
BHPian

Did Delhi to Pune last month. Route taken was Delhi - Jaipur - Ajmer- Udaipur- Ahmedabad- Pune. Excellent throughout. You will be doing the reverse and can easily reach Udaipur by the second afternoon without a problem. Don't know about the stretch to Jhansi though

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks