Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th October 2011, 20:23   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Trip to Holy Shrine of Maa Vaishno Devi : Need tips and suggestions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinj12 View Post
Planning to visit in January. Is it a good time to visit this place in January?
If you are OK with the winter season then there is no issue at all. But do the trek in day time.

Shrine is open 24*7, 365 days. And yes rush will be less.
Old 14th October 2011, 20:41   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajcs View Post
The shrine is open round the year. It would be the coldest month in the year though. You can expect less crowds during this time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
If you are OK with the winter season then there is no issue at all. But do the trek in day time.

Shrine is open 24*7, 365 days. And yes rush will be less.
Thanks! Much appreciated! Will get back with some tentative dates to seek some help.
Old 1st April 2013, 21:41   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Reviving an old thread. Guys how to book the helicopter ride to the shrine? The official website for the same shows no dates available for a whole month and you cannot book for after a month. Is there any other trick/travel agent to approach for making a booking?
Old 1st April 2013, 22:08   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Reviving an old thread. Guys how to book the helicopter ride to the shrine? The official website for the same shows no dates available for a whole month and you cannot book for after a month. Is there any other trick/travel agent to approach for making a booking?
Just been to Vaishno Devi on 30 Mar. Couldn't get chopper tkt for upward journey. So walked up. But got tickets for all four of us on return leg from the Global Vectra counter at the top. I have had a similar experience during an earlier trip in Oct 2011 too. I think some of the hotels offer packages with heicopter included. Officially tickets can only booked online thru the shrine board site.
Old 9th May 2016, 13:52   #20
Senior - BHPian

I will be visiting the shrine again this weekend. It's been almost 5 years since my last visit.

Anything particular that I need to consider apart from usual trip preparation ?

We are planning to start our trek on Saturday night as we want to attend the morning Aarti ( The one that is aired on Shraddha channel).

PS - Though for the past one month I was doing lots of cardio exercises to prepare myself for the 13 km long trek, I am now having cold and mild fever sinc last 2-3 days. I am bit better today, hoping to be back in shape by Friday. Anything specific for this scenario?

Last edited by bluevolt : 9th May 2016 at 13:53.
Old 9th May 2016, 20:42   #21

We completed darshan on 13th April.
I think you are well prepared for the trip. No worries.
Depending on what time you are planning to start the climb, it gets really chilly on top in early morning. We started our climb 4:30 AM and were able to reach dham at 9:30 AM. We had two kids (10 and 6 yrs old) in our party.
MSMM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2022, 11:12   #22
BHPian

It is nigh on impossible - Accommodation booking at Mata Vaishno Devi Bhawan

Hello People,

I have been contemplating for sometime now to visit Mata Vaishno Devi temple, Katra Jammu.

However, since the day this thought has arose, I have been trying to book an accommodation (Room) near temple at Bhawan which can be done through their official website and up to 60 days in advance. Further, everyday morning 10:00 am, the booking gets open for a new day and this is where things getting very annoying.

I have been trying to book the same for 7 days straight now sharp at 10:00 am but every-time I do, I get to see not available and now feel that either the agents block the bookings or there must be some trick to book it and for this very reason I'm now seeking my fellow Bhpians suggestions.

I would really appreciate the suggestions/trick if someone can share in here. Thanks!

Last edited by Aditya : 11th April 2022 at 05:14. Reason: Typos
Old 10th April 2022, 21:41   #23
Senior - BHPian

re: It is nigh on impossible - Accommodation booking at Mata Vaishno Devi Bhawan

Can't give any suggestion but can tell you that all these places of worship's management is in partnership with brokers. You will never see a slot green in color. Either they are booked in bulk or they are open at hours that are not prescribed so that the brokers can use multiple Id cards and book. Try booking an AC room in Tirumala when the slots are open. You will simply be told that you are in queue (yes, even online) and by the time your turn comes, all the AC rooms will be gone and you will only find a few non AC rooms. Wonder how can a few hundred AC rooms get booked on weekdays and that too in a span of 10 mins. Go there directly through a broker, you will get a room if you agree to the rate.
Raghu M is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th April 2022, 22:22   #24
BHPian

re: It is nigh on impossible - Accommodation booking at Mata Vaishno Devi Bhawan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raghu M View Post
Can't give any suggestion but can tell you that all these places of worship's management is in partnership with brokers.
Absolutely bonkers and unfounded claim. Management and surrounding hotels have no work connection. Managing such huge places of worship is no easy task. These places are visited by crores of people every year and getting hotel rooms at such auspicious places are tough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepesh Goel View Post
Frustrati and now feel that either the agents block the bookings or there must be some trick to book it and for this very reason i'm now seeking my fellow Bhpians suggestions.

I would really appreciate the suggestions/trick if someone can share in here. Thanks!
Lakhs of people visit year after year and they form some sort of connection with local agents and they book rooms for their yearly permanent guest. Book a local hotel room on phone, they will also arrange for your pass and visit. There are many hotels there and even if you reach there without any booking you will find many rooms available although they may not be of your prference. Bhawan is a preferred choice for everyone so look for another or keep on trying, try the day tuesday and wednesday. Those days have less footfall.
Sran is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th April 2022, 23:04   #25
BHPian

Quote:

Spare the hassle, contact a Broker/Travel Agent. He might charge a little extra but you'll get the peace of mind.

Edit: went through your bio, now I know why you are trying so hard

Last edited by Rshrey22 : 10th April 2022 at 23:06.
Rshrey22 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2022, 00:42   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Maybe it’s the rush these days due to Navratri?

I am out of date here by atleast a few years. Last I remember, we were able to book a couple of rooms at the Bhavan after a few tries. Sure the site was pathetic and only worked with IE but it did allow us to book. The rooms themselves even though basic, were quite clean and well appointed. Monkeys were a menace though and you simply could not sit outside in the adjoining balcony for a moment.
Old 11th April 2022, 10:17   #27
Senior - BHPian

Re: It is nigh on impossible - Accommodation booking at Mata Vaishno Devi Bhawan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sran View Post
Absolutely bonkers and unfounded claim. Management and surrounding hotels have no work connection. Managing such huge places of worship is no easy task. These places are visited by crores of people every year and getting hotel rooms at such auspicious places are tough.
I think you are reading what you want to. It is no unfounded claim, I don't think you follow the news closely. If you do, you wouldn't brush it aside as bonkers. Go to YouTube and type Tirumala management issues/laddoo scam or anything else. You will spend a few days watching related videos. When you can't get a room because crores of people visit the place, how can a broker get you a room/darshan in just a few mins? Now don't tell me there are no brokers at these places please.

Last edited by Raghu M : 11th April 2022 at 10:18.
Old 11th April 2022, 21:33   #28
BHPian

Re: It is nigh on impossible - Accommodation booking at Mata Vaishno Devi Bhawan

Quote:
Can't give any suggestion but can tell you that all these places of worship's management is in partnership with brokers. You will never see a slot green in color. Either they are booked in bulk or they are open at hours that are not prescribed so that the brokers can use multiple Id cards and book. Try booking an AC room in Tirumala when the slots are open. You will simply be told that you are in queue (yes, even online) and by the time your turn comes, all the AC rooms will be gone and you will only find a few non AC rooms. Wonder how can a few hundred AC rooms get booked on weekdays and that too in a span of 10 mins. Go there directly through a broker, you will get a room if you agree to the rate.
Absolutely right Raghu! Unfortunately its a big nexus b/w the brokers and the official everywhere. I will give a few more tries and will search for a broker incase of unsuccess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rshrey22 View Post
Spare the hassle, contact a Broker/Travel Agent. He might charge a little extra but you'll get the peace of mind.

Edit: went through your bio, now I know why you are trying so hard
You got me there bro..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Maybe it’s the rush these days due to Navratri?

I am out of date here by atleast a few years. Last I remember, we were able to book a couple of rooms at the Bhavan after a few tries. Sure the site was pathetic and only worked with IE but it did allow us to book. The rooms themselves even though basic, were quite clean and well appointed. Monkeys were a menace though and you simply could not sit outside in the adjoining balcony for a moment.
Actually i'm looking to book for June . Anyhow, let's see how it goes.
Old 11th April 2022, 22:07   #29
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I will give a few more tries a
Drop a mail to -

dyceoj@maavaishnodevi.net>

(Dr. Jagdish C. Mehra Ji), KAS
Dy. Chief Executive Officer,
SMVDSB, Katra

Do share feedback.
Turbanator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2022, 00:42   #30
BHPian

Quote:
I think you are reading what you want to. It is no unfounded claim, I don't think you follow the news closely. If you do, you wouldn't brush it aside as bonkers. Go to YouTube and type Tirumala management issues/laddoo scam or anything else. You will spend a few days watching related videos. When you can't get a room because crores of people visit the place, how can a broker get you a room/darshan in just a few mins? Now don't tell me there are no brokers at these places please.
Your post suggested that Worship place management is responsible for that. It's wrong, just because you can get tickets in railway through agents, it doesn't mean railway minister and railway board members are complicit in the act. Many things are done at local levels and so is room booking. Distribution of work is a reality and so are departments. Brokers work on ground level and they exploit loopholes which many people aren't aware of. Like in old days when we didn't get tickets to DEL-PAT our agent used to book ticket in DEL-IXR (only one daily flight) which came via PAT and we used to deboard in PAT. No tickets in train to NDLS from PNBE, brokers used to book ticket from 2-3 junctions away as every junction has few seats (quota).

Last edited by Sran : 13th April 2022 at 00:45.
Sran is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks