Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2011, 12:03   #1
BHPian

Pune to Ichalkaranji

I am travelling from Pune to Ichalkaranji this week end. Kindly suggest the routes with good roads.

Rgds

Last edited by nanduchitnis : 9th August 2011 at 12:05.
Old 9th August 2011, 12:17   #2
BHPian

Re: Pune to Ichalkaranji

Not sure which area of Pune you stay in, so you will have to figure out which is better route for you to join Mumbai Bangalore highway (NH4).

You will have to take NH4 towards Kolhapur. Go till Wathar, its about 45 kms after you go past Karad. Once you reach Wathar, turn left to take road towards Hathkanangle (about 20kms). In Hathkanagle inquire for road to Ichalkaranji, its about 10 km from there.

This is the best road for you, there are other options but then distance will be more and roads will be bad. Not worth even thinking about them.

Last edited by deepaktpatil : 9th August 2011 at 12:18.
deepaktpatil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2011, 17:45   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepaktpatil View Post
You will have to take NH4 towards Kolhapur. Go till Wathar, its about 45 kms after you go past Karad. Once you reach Wathar, turn left to take road towards Hathkanangle (about 20kms). In Hathkanagle inquire for road to Ichalkaranji, its about 10 km from there.

This is the best road for you, there are other options but then distance will be more and roads will be bad. Not worth even thinking about them.
At Wathar do I take the Miraj Road (NH 204)?

Thanks for the route !
Old 9th August 2011, 17:54   #4
Senior - BHPian

CDR, thats the route you take. There is a new route thats been started (coming from Sangli side to Kolhapur). Take that one. Its shaves off 10 kms or so. Even the road conditions are better than the old route.

Oh yeah- Welcome back!
Old 9th August 2011, 17:56   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanduchitnis View Post
At Wathar do I take the Miraj Road (NH 204)?

Thanks for the route !
There is no Miraj road at Wathar, you need to take Wathar Vadgaon road. Wathar is about 15 km before Kolhapur. After you take this road, you will enter Vadgaon town, ask directions for Hathkanangale.

Above Miraj road ( NH 204) is almost near Kolhapur and will be a round about. This road will cost you additional 20km.

Last edited by deepaktpatil : 9th August 2011 at 17:59.
Old 9th August 2011, 18:28   #6
Senior - BHPian

• Take NH4 till Kolhapur.
  • At Shiroli, you should turn left towards Kolhapur - Sangli road (State Highway).
  • After Hatkanangale, turn right to Ichalkaranji.
Old 9th August 2011, 18:56   #7
Senior - BHPian

if you dont know the roads well avoid wathar pethwadgaon root. there are couple of oneways too near peth wadgaon st stand area.

also during day time if there is bazaar then there is a traffic jam. also dont know how the road conditions are now.

i would say go straight on the concrete road till Shiroli, drive very slow as you approach shiroli otherwise you will miss the exit and climb the flyover.

from there u turn left and go further for 5-6 kms till ichalkaranji fata. ask someone there where is this fata otherwise you will go straight to hatkalangle i.e longer route to ichalkaranji,.
tell the person that you wanna go to kabnur.

but may i know where in ichalkaranji you want to go?

the route which i told u will take u to kabnur and then st stand ahead via ASC college road.

Last edited by amit_mechengg : 9th August 2011 at 19:00.
amit_mechengg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2011, 18:56   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135 View Post
  • At Shiroli, you should turn left towards Kolhapur - Sangli road (State Highway).
Is that NH 204 as shown in Google maps?
Old 9th August 2011, 19:04   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
but may i know where in ichalkaranji you want to go?

the route which i told u will take u to kabnur and then st stand ahead via ASC college road.
Thanks Amit.

I plan to check into MANAS HOTEL at Ichalkaranji.

Rgds
Old 9th August 2011, 19:07   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanduchitnis View Post
Thanks Amit.

I plan to check into MANAS HOTEL at Ichalkaranji.

Rgds
yes then follow my route. i avoid peth vadgaon sometimes because of traffic and my linea scrapping down many places.

the route i suggested is longer but will take u faster, you can carry the same momentum of the highway till shiroli fata.

google maps somehow doesnt show the route i just told u. it shows from hatkalangle, but there is this right turn to ichalkaranji well before say 2-3 kms. and then you go from kabnur to ST stand via ASC college route and when u see the st stand take a left turn and go say 1 kms and on left you will see hotel manas.
amit_mechengg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2011, 10:00   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
yes then follow my route. i avoid peth vadgaon sometimes because of traffic and my linea scrapping down many places.

the route i suggested is longer but will take u faster, you can carry the same momentum of the highway till shiroli fata.

google maps somehow doesnt show the route i just told u. it shows from hatkalangle, but there is this right turn to ichalkaranji well before say 2-3 kms. and then you go from kabnur to ST stand via ASC college route and when u see the st stand take a left turn and go say 1 kms and on left you will see hotel manas.
Agree with Amit, I havent been on this road for quiet a while. If Vadgaon road is bad, its better to take NH204.
Old 11th August 2011, 21:42   #12
BHPian

Quote:

Day before yesterday I had been on NH204 from kolhapur to Narsobawadi. The road is in a good condition. The right turn to Ichalkaranji is around 24 kms from NH4.
Old 11th August 2011, 21:57   #13
BHPian

Quote:
There is a right turn before Hatkanangale which go to Ichalkaranji (shorter route). This is just after a small village called Atigre
Old 14th August 2011, 20:18   #14
BHPian

Thank you T Bhp members esp Amit. Did the route without any issues. My GPS took me on the same route suggested by Amit.

NH 4 is a very trafficky highway. We had to endure two traffic jams. Took me 5 hrs frm Pune to Ichalkaranji, not bad at all!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks