Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd August 2011, 22:25   #1
Senior - BHPian

Chennai-Nagpur-Khajuraho-Satna - Varanasi - Kolkotta - Baleshwar - Vizag - Chennai?

Please let me know on the road conditions (esp very bad ones)...time taken between these sectors...staying options and any general suggestions/advises/warning etc

Chennai-Nagpur-Khajuraho-Satna - Varanasi - Kolkotta - Baleshwar - Vizag - Chennaiz (accommodations for the underlines places)
Old 24th August 2011, 16:07   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Distances and road condition help reqd

Please pass on the info for any of the sectors where you have info..
Old 24th August 2011, 18:55   #3
Team-BHP Support

Best I would say is send a PM to HVK.
That would really help.
Old 24th August 2011, 21:40   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Best I would say is send a PM to HVK.
That would really help.
I would have not even initiated this thread, if HVK is in station . Never knew he was on a trip until I realized that he was OFFLINE for the past few days. He has already derived the route options, looks like Iam gonna miss that BIBLE (HVK's Excel sheet)

Anyway got inputs from few threads here out in TBHP..
Old 25th August 2011, 10:33   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
Please let me know on the road conditions (esp very bad ones)...time taken between these sectors...staying options and any general suggestions/advises/warning etc

Chennai-Nagpur-Khajuraho-Satna - Varanasi - Kolkotta - Baleshwar - Vizag - Chennaiz (accommodations for the underlines places)
You need to break down your Chenai - Nagpur into
Chennai - Hyderabad: The best bet is to carry-on on NH-5 till Guntur, wherein you need to take left on the Guntur on the Hyderabad Road and you'll come out at Narkatpalli. Cross Hyderabad to get onto NH-7 to Nagpur.

Hyderabad - Nagpur is a good road and should take you about 7-8 hours.

The route map is this Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India to Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh, India - Google Maps

Varanasi - Kolkata is a straight route on the GQ- NH-2 and Kolkata Chennai also on the GQ - NH-5.
MileCruncher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2011, 14:44   #6
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Milecruncher

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Chennai - Hyderabad:

Varanasi - Kolkata is a straight route on the GQ- NH-2 and Kolkata Chennai also on the GQ - NH-5.
How long it takes for Chennai Hyderabad? (with very minimal stops)
Old 25th August 2011, 14:58   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Milecruncher

Depends upon whatcar you will be in. Tada to Guntur entry can be done in 4-5 hours. Guntur to Hyd outskirts about 4hours.
Old 26th August 2011, 23:37   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I would have not even initiated this thread, if HVK is in station . Never knew he was on a trip until I realized that he was OFFLINE for the past few days. He has already derived the route options, looks like Iam gonna miss that BIBLE (HVK's Excel sheet)

Anyway got inputs from few threads here out in TBHP..
He should be back from his Leh trip tomorrow. Also check couple of TLs on GQ by Roaming rao and Pkumar which should give you right perspective. Always keep a buffer when you are driving in Telengana wich may have disruptions due to sudden flare up.
Old 27th August 2011, 01:07   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Milecruncher

This is the route that I took during my Chennai <--> Hyderabad journey.

Chennai->Nellore->Ongole->Addanki->Piduguralla->Karempudi->Macherla->Nagarjuna Sagar->Hyderabad

From Chennai you will be traveling around 325KMs in the Chennia-Vijaywada Highway, after that you will have to take a left turn to Addanki.

You can also go directly to Karempudi from Addanki instead of going through Piduguralla as its 30Kms less but the road is not so good.

Traffic is very less between Piduguralla->Hyderabad hence you can maintain a good speed, overall it may take around 8-10 hours depending on the speed. Its around 650Kms.
arun_josie is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2011, 07:08   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fauji View Post
He should be back from his Leh trip tomorrow. Also check couple of TLs on GQ by Roaming rao and Pkumar which should give you right perspective. Always keep a buffer when you are driving in Telengana wich may have disruptions due to sudden flare up.
Had a quick chat with HVK last night..he his back only by end of Sep 1 week & from today, he will not be available on phone too :(

Have rated MAX for both those travelogues (RR & PK), but failed to go through it again as my search criteria failed to show them up

Telengana??? Hope they don't schedule anything on those two days (my onward and return)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post

Chennai->Nellore->Ongole->Addanki->Piduguralla->Karempudi->Macherla->Nagarjuna Sagar->Hyderabad
How about Madras-Chittoor-Madanapalle-Ananthapur-Kurnool-Hyderabad?

Any pointers on bypassing Hyderabad city? How are the road conditions between Hyderabad and Nagpur?
Old 27th August 2011, 08:56   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Had a quick chat with HVK last night..he his back only by end of Sep 1 week & from today, he will not be available on phone too :(

Have rated MAX for both those travelogues (RR & PK), but failed to go through it again as my search criteria failed to show them up

Telengana??? Hope they don't schedule anything on those two days (my onward and return)

Any pointers on bypassing Hyderabad city? How are the road conditions between Hyderabad and Nagpur?
Why don't you do Chennai - Chittoor - Royachoti - Cuddappah - Nandyal - Kurnool - Hyd? The Roads are good. Unless there is need for going through Hyd and if you are bit adventurous, you can take Chennai - Vijaywada - Khammam - Warangal - Karimnagar - Nagpur. This route will give you opportunity to see famous Kakatiya temples at Warangal. I am not sure about road condition but should be good as they are all SH. The road conditon of NH 7 between Hyd and Nagpur has improved a lot except for small deviations. The latest can be seen on another seperate thread. For searching TLs of Rao and Kumar, you can go to Page 4 or 5 in traveloue and look for five starred ones and you will get it. (Sent from Blackberry)
Fauji is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th August 2011, 09:11   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Any pointers on bypassing Hyderabad city?
I am not sure about the current road condition via Kurnool. Most of them don't prefer this route because of road condition till Kurnool. From Kurnool to Hyderabad its a 4 lane which connects Hyderabad-Bangalore. Yes, If the road condition is good then you can prefer this route, not sure about the timing. Also, some time back I was asked not to take this route during night time.

Bypassing Hyderabad city should be possible, but not sure about the current status of outer ring road. When you go from Kurnool, opposite to the Hyd Airport road you can take left to take ORR. If ORR is complete then is should connect you to the Hyderabad-Nagpur highway. If not, from ORR you can take Gachibowli-Miyapur road-Bollaram/Medak Road(You should take this road from Miyapur X road) and this will connect you to Nagpur road.

If you are taking Nagarjuna Sagar or Narkatpalli route, then I am not clear about the exact route to bypass Hyderabad city.

Last edited by arun_josie : 27th August 2011 at 09:12.
arun_josie is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2011, 09:51   #13
Senior - BHPian

Re: Chennai-Nagpur-Khajuraho-Satna - Varanasi - Kolkotta - Baleshwar - Vizag - Chenna

Idea is to get as much closer to Nagpur, so there won't be any stop or visit to any places. My preference would be good roads (4lanes?)/bypassing cities/
Old 27th August 2011, 10:29   #14
Senior - BHPian

Re: Chennai-Nagpur-Khajuraho-Satna - Varanasi - Kolkotta - Baleshwar - Vizag - Chenna

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post

When was this done? The road condition after Addanki is not too good!
Quote:

No idea about route condition between Madras - Anantapur. Beyond that its a good 4-Lane. But with recent trip to Suryalanka, I know that the Guntur - Hyderabad road is in good condition.
Quote:
Depending upon where you enter the city from, I can suggest you a good route to bypass the madness of the city.

Cheers
Old 27th August 2011, 11:36   #15
BHPian

Quote:
About 10 days back i drove on Palamner- Madanapalle - Kadri - Anantapur strectch . Road condition is good to very good. speeds of 90-110 kmph can be maintained.

I am unaware of the road consitions of Madras - Chitoor stretch

cheers
NH
Night_Hawk is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks