Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2012, 12:43   #16
BHPian

re: Nagpur - Mumbai : Route Queries

Nagpur to Mumbai via Karanja - Mehekar - Jalna - A'bad - Sinner - Nashik is much better than via Akola - Dhule because of less traffic encountered enroute.
Old 9th March 2012, 21:13   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nityaya View Post
Nagpur to Mumbai via Karanja - Mehekar - Jalna - A'bad - Sinner - Nashik is much better than via Akola - Dhule because of less traffic encountered enroute.
On this route its only Jalna to A'bad has 4 lane as per a freind of mine who just went through this route. I would be travelling through Akola Dhule Nasik on Sunday and would post the updates and experiences soon.
Old 5th November 2012, 11:22   #18
Senior - BHPian

I am going to take Mum - EWay to Pune (brief stop) - Nagar - Aurangabad - Jalna - Mehekar - Karanja - Wardha - Nagpur coming Saturday. No other options. Start early morning and finish hopefully early night.

Any latest updates on this route?
Old 21st November 2012, 23:20   #19
Senior - BHPian

Back from the Mumbai-Nagpur return trip yesterday. We had to make quick stops via Pune both ways so the routes were taken through Pune.

Mumbai - Pune - Nagar - A'Bad (bypass) - Jalna (bypass) - Mehkar (used only half bypass although full is available for travel, still to be tarred, laid with gravel and can drive on it a moderate speeds easily) - Karanja - Wardha-Pulgaon (bypass) - Nagpur

Absolute mess of traffic at chakan-shikrapur junction with the heavy trailers traffic consuming 1 hour for 2 km stretch at morning time on Saturday.

Mumbai-Pune-Nagpur route:
Mumbai-A'Bad very good 4 laned
A'Bad-Shelu Phata - Worst stretch was in-between A'Bad-Shelu Phata intermittently laid with really worst of potholes and got wheelcap cracked and one wheel bent though thankfully not on shoulder.
Shelu Phata-Wardha good
Wardha-Nagpur very good 4 laned

Distance about 861 km, time about 18 hrs with about 2 hrs loss due to traffic and about 2 hrs for breaks.

Nagpur-Pune-Mumbai route:
Nagpur - Amaravati (bypass) - Akola (bypass) - Khamgaon (bypass) - Botha Forest (lovely drive and jungle atmosphere, wildlife-deer spotting) - Buldana - Ajintha - Sillod - A'bad (no bypass from this side) - Nagar - Pune - Mumbai

Nagpur-Amaravati-Badnera (via bypass) very good 4 laned with intermittent diversions for road widening towards Amaravati which puts brakes on speed and increases travel time.

Afterwards intermittent 2/4 laning, lovely smooth 2 laned road through Botha Forest, most enjoyable.
From Buldana there are 2 routes at the square junction via Dhad (leftmost), via Ajintha (middle). Both are said equally distant and equally well. Took Ajintha road. Relatively bad road in Buldana-Ajintha-Sillod route with some 5-6 kms of potholed (but not really bad) road through the villages.

Distance about 861 km, time about 18 hrs with about 1 hrs loss due to diversions and slow movement/stops in forest and about 3 hrs for breaks.

The breaks in-between were much needed especially with old parents and small kids on board and also good for stretching legs, although alone could have just gone mostly uninterrupted without worries and made the distance much earlier.

The best route of the two I took in the present conditions would be the return Nagpur-Mumbai route, which is good for speed and time coverage. Still, an even better route would have been via Khamgaon - Jalna - A'Bad - Nagar - Pune - Mumbai, which I bypassed for Botha Forest. The Botha Forest road is worth the travel if in mood for relaxed nature drive and sighting wildlife.
Old 4th March 2013, 15:33   #20
BHPian

Has anyone travelled on following route recently?

Mumbai-Nashik-Dhule-Jalgaon-Akola-Amravati-Tadoba/Nagpur?

I am planning to visit Tadoba next month.

I know Mumbai-Dhule is super quick. How is Dhule-Nagpur? Is it 4-laned? How much time I should account for?

Last edited by abhijitvp : 4th March 2013 at 15:34.
Old 4th March 2013, 15:42   #21
BHPian

Dhule to Amravati is not 4 Lane. The road is good but its 2 lane without divider with loads of traffic. Once I took 7 hrs from Amravati to Dhule in my swift.

From Amravati to Nagpur the road is under construction for 4 laneing, though most of it is done. Overall its good.
Old 4th March 2013, 16:09   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhijitvp View Post

I know Mumbai-Dhule is super quick. How is Dhule-Nagpur? Is it 4-laned? How much time I should account for?
Time and distance -wise, this one and the other ones in my post above are quite similar even if Mumbai-Dhule seems faster, a friend has done this Mum-Ngp route in December 2012 and our times and distances match quite a lot. Only difference is in how many and how long breaks you take on way given your passengers.

Of all the routes, the best part is Amravati-Nagpur. Its a super non-stop high-speed 4-laned drive. Only a very few diversions on that stretch due to the road work in progress but nothing that will put huge brakes in the drive.
parsh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2013, 20:41   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhijitvp View Post

To Tadoba from Mumbai,why dont you consider this route:

Bombay-Ahmednagar (either via Talegaon/Pune or Kalyan-Malshej Ghat-Alephata)-Aurangabad-Jalna-Mehekar-Darwaha-Yavatmal-Karanji.From Karanji take the road to Wani.From Wani either take left and go via Warora-Chimur to Kolara gate,or take right at Wani and go towards Moharli.
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2013, 08:26   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
To Tadoba from Mumbai,why dont you consider this route:

Bombay-Ahmednagar (either via Talegaon/Pune or Kalyan-Malshej Ghat-Alephata)-Aurangabad-Jalna-Mehekar-Darwaha-Yavatmal-Karanji.From Karanji take the road to Wani.From Wani either take left and go via Warora-Chimur to Kolara gate,or take right at Wani and go towards Moharli.
abhijit, you could take this route as well which is nice. The only catch, don't take the Mashej route, it will terribly slow you down comparatively. Do the Mum-EWay-Pune-Nagar-A'Bad... route and you are good to go. The rest is nice road though not a very high speed 4-laned one though you can keep to nice consistent average speeds. At Mehekar, the bypass has come up. It is not completely finished, but decently driveable as a graveled road. In fact it is better than driving through congested Mehekar town and it will help you greatly on travel time. The best part of the route will be Mum-EWay-Nagar followed by Nagar-A'Bad-Jalna.
parsh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2013, 09:24   #25
BHPian

Am heading to Akola to the In Laws!
Was planning to take the Mumbai-Nashik-Dhule-Jalgaon-Akola- route?

Anyone recently done this one?

Read people suggesting the A'bad - mehkar route?
Infact MIL suggested the same

Will be my first trip along that side.

Will leave tomorrow early morning.
Old 12th November 2013, 13:27   #26
BHPian

So finally did the Mumbai - Akola stretch.

Plans changed at the last moment and had to then do a stop over at Aurangabad as the family planned to do the Ajanta Ellora caves.

Started from mumbai at around 11am.
Had breakfast at the Food Hub on the mumbai Nashik Highway.
The food hub is exactly a 2 hour drive from my house at safe speeds.

Reached nashik at 3.

Then took the exit to aurangabad from the highway.

Here starts the worse part.

They say that it is the Nagpur Mumbai expressway.

I literally had to search for a 5m stretch on the road.

All through to aurangabad the roads are like this.

My car scraped a lot of mountains and went through a lot of meteor craters.

Was really apalled at the condition of the road and was swearing at myself throughout the journey.

However reached aurangabad. Stayed at the Admiral suites hotel which i had booked from home (online).
Since the hotel was new 1500 bucks seemed well paid.

Next day morning headed to Ajanta caves.
I read on the forum people cribbing about the road.

The roads have been relaid and they are extremely good right upto the caves.

However the caves were a turn off for me.

No adequate lighting inside the caves is one big point.

Also the crowds were not to my liking.

Maybe it was the holidays.

Then started from Aurangabad at 4 and took the
Ajanta caves - Buldhana - Khamgaon - Akola route.

No complaints here although roads could have been better.

Reached akola at 9pm as took halts on the way for snacks.

Stayed at the Jas Nagra hotel. Good hotel and the food was awesome as well.

The owner Mr Jaspal Nagra personally attended to us at breakfasts.

Went to Shegaon temple and the road was good as well.

So now on the way back decided against the aurangabad route
The road is well 20 km shorter but the time taken to cover that route will be atleast 2-3 hours more.

On the Way back took the AH 46 upto Dhule and then the Dhule - nashik - Mumbai route then

Total toll paid on the way towards akola was around 300 bucks.

On the ways back paid around 250 with excellent roads.

So if anybody is neading towards Nagpur please avoid the aurangabad route and take the mumbai - dhule - jalgaon - bhusaval - khamgaon - akola stretch and then head on towards nagpur.

I can vouch for the stretch upto akola.
manas27587 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2013, 11:22   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manas27587 View Post
So finally did the Mumbai - Akola stretch.

So if anybody is neading towards Nagpur please avoid the aurangabad route and take the mumbai - dhule - jalgaon - bhusaval - khamgaon - akola stretch and then head on towards nagpur.

I can vouch for the stretch upto akola.
Thanks. Headed to Nagpur/Tadoba tomorrow from Bombay. Planning to leave at 6.00am, ideally should reach Nagpur by @9.00pm
Old 29th May 2014, 15:33   #28
Senior - BHPian

Just done Mumbai - Nashik - Dhule - Jalgaon - Bhusaval - Akola - Amravati - Nagpur route. Started 5:25 AM from Mumbai and touched Nagpur 6:25 PM, 822 kms.
Mumbai - Nashik - Dhule 4 laned NH3 is breeze to drive in the morning hours atleast except for the heavy truck traffic immediately after Thane and in the ghat.
Dhule - Amaravati is 2 laned with intermittent random traffic but really nice road with not much undulations.
Amravati - Nagpur is superb 4 laned breeze to drive.

The route seems much better and faster than the middle route via Aurangabad - Jalna - Mehkar - Karanja - Wardha.
Old 6th November 2014, 23:25   #29
BHPian

Guys any updates on the Mumbai - Nashik - Dhule - Jalgaon - Bhusaval - Akola - Amravati - Nagpur route? What is the current status.
Old 7th November 2014, 08:27   #30
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by arishi1 View Post
Guys any updates on the Mumbai - Nashik - Dhule - Jalgaon - Bhusaval - Akola - Amravati - Nagpur route? What is the current status.
Look at this
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ad-bhilai.html

He went via Aurangabad.(But his destination was Pune). Hope this helps.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks