Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th December 2012, 16:47   #196
BHPian

Re: The mega "Road Updates" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
I think you should take the Pune-Nagar-Aurangabad route instead of the one via Hyderabad. Very clean and more facilities I would say.
Yes, that's the regular route. I've come via NH 4 about five times now and wanted a change. So thought this time I will come via Hyderabad. I know this route has more two laned state highways than via Pune, but want to try out a new route. I have no issues with inadequate facilities on the highway. I don't take frequent halts and keep my car stacked with food & juice!
Old 28th December 2012, 20:04   #197
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nileshch View Post
Yes, that's the regular route. I've come via NH 4 about five times now and wanted a change. So thought this time I will come via Hyderabad. I know this route has more two laned state highways than via Pune, but want to try out a new route. I have no issues with inadequate facilities on the highway. I don't take frequent halts and keep my car stacked with food & juice!
Got it. I was thinking why this route when the famed 4-lane was there for grabs!
Not sure about roads in central india typically about their latest conditions.

I think Nanded-Bodhan is a better option. Check with @bblost. He had once done this route I think a year back.
Old 29th December 2012, 10:11   #198
BHPian

Quote:
I would be travelling from Bhusawal (MS) to Bangalore in a few days. The route I will take will be via Hyderabad. After a lot of research, I have narrowed down to this route:

Bhusawal-Khamgaon-Balapur-Washim-Hingoli-Nanded-Hyderabad-Bangalore

Now I have two questions regarding this route --

Question 1:
What are the route options between Nanded and Hyderabad? I am confused between the following three options for which I have not found clear answers on various threads on TBHP. It would be great if anyone can suggest me one of these in terms of road quality and traffic conditions:

Route 1: Nanded-Narsi-Bodhan-Nizamabad-Hyderabad
Route 2: Nanded(Bhokar Phata)-Bhainsa-Nirmal-Hyderabad
Route 3: Nanded(Bhokar Phata)-Bhainsa-Nizamabad-Hyderabad

Question 2:
I recently read online that the northern leg of the Hyderabad Outer Ring Road has been inaugurated on Dec 3. But I also read some comments stating that the road is not yet open to traffic and it was just a show by the minister for the public. Hyderabadis, have you travelled on the ORR stretch between Shamirpet and Patancheru?

Attachment 1031319

If this stretch is not yet open, what is the other best route to bypass Hyderabad?

Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Got it. I was thinking why this route when the famed 4-lane was there for grabs!
Not sure about roads in central india typically about their latest conditions.

I think Nanded-Bodhan is a better option. Check with @bblost. He had once done this route I think a year back.
Thanks, @ampere!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Hyderabad -> Nizamabad -> Nanded -> Washim -> Burhanpur -> Indore route
@bblost, any pointers on the routes mentioned above?
Old 1st January 2013, 00:17   #199
BHPian

Quote:
I would be travelling from Bhusawal (MS) to Bangalore in a few days. The route I will take will be via Hyderabad. After a lot of research, I have narrowed down to this route:

Bhusawal-Khamgaon-Balapur-Washim-Hingoli-Nanded-Hyderabad-Bangalore
I finally made my journey on 30th December. A total distance of 1276 kms, it took me 18 hours including breaks for fuel and snacks. I left Bhusawal at exactly 3:00 AM and reached my home at 8:45 PM.

The mega "Road Updates" thread-route.jpg

Just in case someone wants to travel this route or part of it, here are my updates for the various roads:

Bhusawal-Khamgaon-Balapur: Two laned NH highway mostly excellent road quality. Average speed: 80-90kmph.

Balapur-Washim: Good two-laned highway with patches of rough road (but no potholes). Average speed: 60-70kmph.

Washim-Hingoli: Average road except while entering or leaving Washim (in which case it is good for 100kmph!). Average speed: 60-70kmph. Tip: Avoid Hingoli bypass and drive through the town if you are arriving at an early hour. The bypass is worse as is evident from the video below:

Hingoli-Nanded: Varies from good to average (for the most part) to poor for short stretches. Average speed: 50-60kmph. I could see some road work in progress in some places so this should change in the future.. Just before Nanded, you will hit a four lane divided highway, which is a big relief!

Quote:
Question 1:
What are the route options between Nanded and Hyderabad? I am confused between the following three options for which I have not found clear answers on various threads on TBHP. It would be great if anyone can suggest me one of these in terms of road quality and traffic conditions:

Route 1: Nanded-Narsi-Bodhan-Nizamabad-Hyderabad
Route 2: Nanded(Bhokar Phata)-Bhainsa-Nirmal-Hyderabad
Route 3: Nanded(Bhokar Phata)-Bhainsa-Nizamabad-Hyderabad
I finally chose Route 2, for the sake of simplicity. I was not completely happy with the choice, but with lack of information about other routes, it was good. This was the longest route (50 kms more than Route 1) but Google maps showed the same time for both routes. And the actual time turned out lesser than that.

The mega "Road Updates" thread-nandedhyderabad.jpg

The star mark you see on the map is an APTDC Haritha restaurant where I stopped for a late breakfast. It is on your left (next to a BP or HP pump) just before the Kamareddy bypass if you are coming from Hyderabad.

Road quality: good (around Bhokar) to average to poor (just before Bhainsa). A 2km stretch of road with huge potholes appears just before Bhainsa:

Quote:
Question 2:
Hyderabadis, have you travelled on the ORR stretch between Shamirpet and Patancheru?
So I took the ORR to bypass Hyderabad. When you enter Medchal from the north, watch out for a signboard on your left for the ORR. Take the right turn at the point shown on the map:

The mega "Road Updates" thread-hyderabad-orr.jpg

I must hand it to the AP govt and the contractors. What beautiful roads! The Nehru ORR is one of the best expressways I have driven on, better than MPEW and Bangalore's NICE road. Check the video:

The road is so smooth that I felt almost stationary at speeds in excess of 120. The official speed limit on the ORR is 120, making it our own little eight-laned autobahn. I joined the ORR at 1:00 PM and exited at Shamshabad at precisely 1:35 PM making it 35 minutes to bypass Hyderabad, the fastest for any large city!

Last edited by nileshch : 1st January 2013 at 00:28.
nileshch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2013, 12:13   #200
BHPian

NH1 - Delhi to Jalandhar - Current Fog Condition

Hi Fellows

Anyone has any latest update on the fog condition on NH1 from Delhi towards Jalandhar/Amritsar?

I am planning to go to Jalandhar this coming weekend with family (including my 9 months old son).

Just wanted to know the current road condition, fog level?
Will it be safe enough to drive or shall I opt for train journey?
Old 7th January 2013, 12:22   #201
Team-BHP Support

Re: NH1 - Delhi to Jalandhar - Current Fog Condition

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitw79 View Post
Hi Fellows

Anyone has any latest update on the fog condition on NH1 from Delhi towards Jalandhar/Amritsar?

I am planning to go to Jalandhar this coming weekend with family (including my 9 months old son).

Just wanted to know the current road condition, fog level?
Will it be safe enough to drive or shall I opt for train journey?
It actually depends day to day
imd.gov.in gives a fairly accurate forecast.

If you are travelling at night, there is a good chance you will get fog.
However, past 10am, its drivable
I have driven in dense fog in this region, and have also seen accidents.
The best thing to do is follow a volvo.
Usually you will find 4-5 vehicles trailing these volvos, and if you keep safe distance doing 40-50kmph you are okay.

The densest fogs I have seen are between karnal and punjab border.

Often you will come across somebody doing 70kmph. Do not follow such vehicles. These are doing hunch driving.

That said, during the day its much better, because even in dense fog you have 50 meters visiblity which is good enough for 60kmph driving.
tsk1979 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th January 2013, 12:22   #202
BHPian

Fog is at its peak and has its effect on road, rail both. Even if you are travelling by train, expect delay/cancellations in train.

Would advice to plan a travel in such a manner that you drive between 10 AM - 5 PM. Before and after this time windows the driving conditions are bad.

Take all precautions while driving, wishing you a safe journey ..
rajesh.sml is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2013, 12:27   #203
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
It actually depends day to day
imd.gov.in gives a fairly accurate forecast.

If you are travelling at night, there is a good chance you will get fog.
However, past 10am, its drivable
I have driven in dense fog in this region, and have also seen accidents.
The best thing to do is follow a volvo.
Usually you will find 4-5 vehicles trailing these volvos, and if you keep safe distance doing 40-50kmph you are okay.

The densest fogs I have seen are between karnal and punjab border.

Often you will come across somebody doing 70kmph. Do not follow such vehicles. These are doing hunch driving.

That said, during the day its much better, because even in dense fog you have 50 meters visiblity which is good enough for 60kmph driving.
Thanks Tanveer! Really appreciate your input.
I am planning to leave Delhi (Indirapuram to be precise) by 7.30am and reach Murthal dhabas, take a longish break there and then continue further. I think by that time it will be close to 10am, so I guess fog will reduce a bit. Your pointer regarding following a Volvo and maintaining 60KMh speed is really helpful.
Old 7th January 2013, 12:35   #204
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitw79 View Post
Thanks Tanveer! Really appreciate your input.
I am planning to leave Delhi (Indirapuram to be precise) by 7.30am and reach Murthal dhabas, take a longish break there and then continue further. I think by that time it will be close to 10am, so I guess fog will reduce a bit. Your pointer regarding following a Volvo and maintaining 60KMh speed is really helpful.
Perfect plan.
In city anyways traffic will be slow. you will reach murthal around 9am, and you can take 40 minutes break there. By then
1. fog will be less
2. Traffic will increase, so enough vehicles to follow
tsk1979 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2013, 14:55   #205
BHPian

Hi Friends

I need to visit Bareilly for a day or two with family. Will be hiring a taxi or take my own car (not sure as of now, depends on the no of person accompanying)Could you please guide me the route, road conditions and good places to take a break. I will start from Akshardham Delhi.

Thanks
Old 8th January 2013, 17:35   #206
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaSing View Post
Hi Friends

I need to visit Bareilly for a day or two with family. Will be hiring a taxi or take my own car (not sure as of now, depends on the no of person accompanying)Could you please guide me the route, road conditions and good places to take a break. I will start from Akshardham Delhi.

Thanks
Take NH24 which for bareilly.
Till Moradabad it is in very good condition but beware of sugarcane ladden trolleys which can creep in from anywhere.

Regarding break, best place would be gajraula (110 KM after akshardham) with many quality dhabas and restaurants.

Infact, after crossing gajraula u will find Bikanerwala and Mcdee as well.
Old 20th January 2013, 21:59   #207
BHPian

Re: The mega "Road Updates" thread : Bom to Jodhpur in Feb

>>>

Evening.

Which route will be the best (road surface, traffic, eateries et.al) for a Bombay to Jodhpur run in February? Bombay to Ahmedabad is well known to me. So is Ahmedabad to Udaipur.

Regards
Old 21st January 2013, 06:45   #208
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by issigonis View Post
>>>

Evening.

Which route will be the best (road surface, traffic, eateries et.al) for a Bombay to Jodhpur run in February? Bombay to Ahmedabad is well known to me. So is Ahmedabad to Udaipur.

Regards
The best and preferred route is Udaipur-Abu Road(right turn while coming from UDP)-Pindwara-Pali-Jodhpur.Roads are good.Around 6hrs driving time
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2013, 11:20   #209
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by issigonis View Post
>>>

Evening.

Regards
Missed out on mentioning,if you just want to go to Jodhpur,then there is no need to go to Udaipur.You can drive straight to Jodhpur from Ahmedabad via Palanpur-Aburoad-Pali-Jodhpur http://goo.gl/maps/RvtiI
Old 21st January 2013, 11:41   #210
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
The best and preferred route is Udaipur-Abu Road(right turn while coming from UDP)-Pindwara-Pali-Jodhpur.Roads are good.Around 6hrs driving time
>>>

I seem to have the following choices from Himmatnagar -

1. Udaipur - Pindwara-Pali-Jodhpur
2. Udaipur-Nathdwar-Rajsamand (bypass)-Pali- Jodhpur
3. Himmatnagar -Mt. Abu-Pindwara-Pali-Jodhpur

and this one from Ahmedabad -
Ahmedabad -Mehsana-Deesa-Sirohi-Pali-Jodhpur

As stated earlier, I am looking for road surface quality, traffic, clean eateries and BPCL COCOs en route

Regards

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks