Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 29th December 2014, 23:28   #391
BHPian

Re: The mega "Road Updates" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBerry View Post
You are right about getting impatient to cross the bad roads. This was the case with me too and I think it's because I had a decent drive of about 800 km before reaching this section and also because it was getting dark and there were no other private cars visible. In fact on several occasions there were no vehicles visible before/behind me making me try to get past this road fast. Thanks for this advice.
I had crossed the infamous Pandharkhwada area upto Adilabad and back during daytime as well as during late evening, just when it was getting dark. You may not see many private cars in the evening. But till then the section overall is safe. When you go from Jamb, or Hinganghat towards Adilabad, towards the end of the first patch, there is a place called Wadki. Five kms from there further when roads become good, you have a small tea stall on your right. There are usualky some truckers too. I always stop there, good people, a tyre pressure checking facility, and for tea, of course!

That tea, in between negotiating the two sections, has been a must for me!

Then, after Pipperwada toll booth, that is after you get good roads beyond the second patch, you have an BP petrol filling station and a dhaba attached to it. You get good food there though it is a very simple food. You have decent washrooms, etc too.

Once you start from Sagar, you can reach Nagpur bypass in 6 to 7 hours if you don't take long breaks. For this, avoid that MPTDC for taking food en route. They take he'll lot of time. In the afternoon, then, at your leisure you can sail across to Adilabad, and if you want you can stop for night at a town called Nirmal. You have decent hotels there near the bus stand area. A scenic small town it is, one to two hours from Adilabad.

Nirmal to Bangalore is a relaxing drive, should be an enjoyable thing to do, at your own pace!

Vipin.
Vipin Kumar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th December 2014, 23:53   #392
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipin Kumar View Post
I had crossed the infamous Pandharkhwada area upto Adilabad and back during daytime as well as during late evening, just when it was getting dark. You may not see many private cars in the evening. But till then the section overall is safe. When you go from Jamb, or Hinganghat towards Adilabad, towards the end of the first patch, there is a place called Wadki. Five kms from there further when roads become good, you have a small tea stall on your right. There are usualky some truckers too. I always stop there, good people, a tyre pressure checking facility, and for tea, of course!

Then, after Pipperwada toll booth, that is after you get good roads beyond the second patch, you have an BP petrol filling station and a dhaba attached to it. You get good food there though it is a very simple food. You have decent washrooms, etc too.

Once you start from Sagar, you can reach Nagpur bypass in 6 to 7 hours if you don't take long breaks. For this, avoid that MPTDC for taking food en route. They take he'll lot of time. In the afternoon, then, at your leisure you can sail across to Adilabad, and if you want you can stop for night at a town called Nirmal. You have decent hotels there near the bus stand area. A scenic small town it is, one to two hours from Adilabad.

Nirmal to Bangalore is a relaxing drive, should be an enjoyable thing to do, at your own pace!

Vipin.
Thanks Vipin. I was just thinking of finding an alternate place (before Hyderabad) for the 2nd night halt.
Old 30th December 2014, 10:58   #393
BHPian

Quote:
I had crossed the infamous Pandharkhwada area upto Adilabad and back during daytime as well as during late evening, just when it was getting dark.

..... and if you want you can stop for night at a town called Nirmal. You have decent hotels there near the bus stand area. A scenic small town it is, one to two hours from Adilabad.

Vipin.
You nailed it mate. I would also suggest 'Blackberry' the same. Stop at Nirmal for the night and resume your journey the next day. It would be more peaceful and sedate.

On my way back, by the time I crossed Anantpur I wanted to call it a day. So after crossing Anantpur I stopped at a dhaba for almost an hour. Had some oranges (from Nagpur of course!), took a power nap of around 45mins, freshened up with a good warm cup of tea and then started for the final leg of approx 200kms to my home.

Regards
Saurav
Old 31st December 2014, 11:33   #394
BHPian

Not sure if this fits here

Travelled Delhi -Amritsar-Delhi on 27-28 Dec on the famous g.t road

The flyovers being built in karnal,khanna and ludhiana seems to be stalled ,had to pass through a real dusty and bad service road in these cities

I really wish they speed up the work as its a real pain and loss of time
Rajesh Rawal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2015, 13:10   #395
BHPian

Guys! I'm starting my solo road trip to Rajasthan tomorrow! Will be leaving from Mumbai around 5.30PM and plan to halt at Bharuch or Surat if i encounter traffic. Can someone please provide me with an update on the traffic scenario at the Bharuch bridge? Should I stick to the normal lane or take the wrong way for the old bridge?
Old 2nd January 2015, 23:12   #396
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantbhatia84 View Post
Guys! I'm starting my solo road trip to Rajasthan tomorrow! Will be leaving from Mumbai around 5.30PM and plan to halt at Bharuch or Surat if i encounter traffic. Can someone please provide me with an update on the traffic scenario at the Bharuch bridge? Should I stick to the normal lane or take the wrong way for the old bridge?
Nishant
Hi.
For the last couple of months the NH 8 has been a smooth drive for going north. Just a niggling doubt. Please read the last 3/4 posts on Bombay Delhi road directions thread and then decide.
Bharuch would be a cheaper option to stay. If you are alone a good option is to stay at a motel which is a km or two north of Chevrolet showroom. This is attached to a 24 hour vegetarian restaurant. I have stayed there 3 times the last time was in April 2013. Rs 600 for an ac room. I am sorry I couldnt find the name.
Hope this helps
Regards
faustus77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2015, 12:51   #397
BHPian

Quote:
Where in Rajasthan do you need to reach!! IMHO it's better to start at around 4 am than at 530 pm. You can reach as far as bhilwara or kishangarh by late night even if you start at 4 am from Mumbai.
Old 3rd January 2015, 13:08   #398
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by faustus77 View Post
Nishant
If you are alone a good option is to stay at a motel which is a km or two north of Chevrolet showroom. This is attached to a 24 hour vegetarian restaurant. I have stayed there 3 times the last time was in April 2013. Rs 600 for an ac room. I am sorry I couldnt find the name.
Hope this helps
Regards
Will look out for this place! Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drivethru View Post
Where in Rajasthan do you need to reach!! IMHO it's better to start at around 4 am than at 530 pm. You can reach as far as bhilwara or kishangarh by late night even if you start at 4 am from Mumbai.
My first destination in Rajasthan is Jaisalmer, but I'll stop overnight at Bharuch as I'm working today and will leave after finishing work at 5.30PM. I don't wanna stretch and drive in the night as it'll get tiring. I rather wake up fresh tomorrow morning, leave at 6AM and attempt to reach Jaisalmer by 6PM.
Old 4th January 2015, 01:19   #399
Senior - BHPian

Reached Hathkhamba near Ratnagiri at 00.45 after starting from Kanjur Marg post 15.30. Halted at Pali for darshan and Chiplun for dinner. Took the expressway till Khopoli, then the Khopoli Pali road and thence the NH66.

Khopoli Pali road is pathetic till the Adlabs Imagica. Then on it's absolutely good.

NH66 till Kolad is absolutely horrible. Thereafter it's smooth as butter. Looks like the widening work is destroying the existing road too.
honeybee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2015, 15:07   #400
BHPian

Bangalore - Mysore - Bangalore ...VIA... Malavalli

Bangalore - Harohalli - Kanakapura - Malavalli - Mysore

Did this stretch on Saturday. Warning - Road Work is being carried out on a stretch of around 30 kms approx. I did this stretch at night, so don't have much details, but I guess the Road is being converted into a 4 Lane. So you face a Metal Road for about 30 kms. The Distance from Malavalli to Mysore is 48 kms. Work is in Progress. So, avoid this stretch for at least 3-4 months, or till some other bhpian updates the condition of the Road.
Old 5th January 2015, 17:57   #401
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The left most lane reserved for cars is on the bridge is it? What about the approach road till the bridge?
Also, how much time did it take you to reach ahmedabad? I'm planning on doing Mumbai to Jaisalmer if possible.
Sorry - its a delayed response. The left most lane was not on the bridge per say, but more on the approach. Well, it was completely chaotic and I was shuddering how to clear it, but luck prevailed.

Mumbai - Ahmedabad - it took me 10 hours. :(

Mumbai - Jaisalmer is a sure stretch. Let me know how it went.

Last edited by jkrishnakj : 5th January 2015 at 17:59. Reason: Added mumb-ahd time
Old 5th January 2015, 22:17   #402
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumping Soul View Post
You nailed it mate. I would also suggest 'Blackberry' the same. Stop at Nirmal for the night and resume your journey the next day. It would be more peaceful and sedate.
Regards
Saurav
Quote:
... Once you start from Sagar, you can reach Nagpur bypass in 6 to 7 hours if you don't take long breaks. For this, avoid that MPTDC for taking food en route. They take he'll lot of time. In the afternoon, then, at your leisure you can sail across to Adilabad, and if you want you can stop for night at a town called Nirmal. You have decent hotels there near the bus stand area. A scenic small town it is, one to two hours from Adilabad.

Vipin.
Thanks all. I reached Bangalore on Saturday evening after covering over 2k km in 3 days.
I had taken the route,
Allahabad > Kanpur > Jhansi > Sagar > Seoni > Nagpur > Adilabad > Hyderabad > Bangalore.
Had couple of night halts; first night at Sagar and the 2nd night at Hyderabad. Decided to extend the 2nd day journey and stay in Hyderabad as I wanted to pick up Biryani from Paradise the next day(son loves it).
Thanks JoseVijay for helping with the Hotels in Hyderabad.

Good News - 2nd bad stretch after Wadki (towards Pandharkawada), the road is being repaired. Potholes are being filled with stone-chips and tar. I will upload some pictures.
--------------------
Here's the Trip log (Allahabad to Bangalore)
Attached Files
File Type: docx Allahabad-Bangalore-Trip Log.docx (19.3 KB, 299 views)
Old 5th January 2015, 22:37   #403
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBerry View Post

Good News - 2nd bad stretch after Wadki (towards Pandharkawada), the road is being repaired. Potholes are being filled with stone-chips and tar. I will upload some pictures.
Great Sanjay! That is a very relieving news. And I am sure you enjoyed the drive back, and must have been much smoother. Will wait for pictures, if you are uploading them.

Vipin.
Old 6th January 2015, 00:37   #404
BHPian

Allahabad->Kanpur->Jhansi->Sagar->Seoni->Nagpur->Hyderabad-> Bangalore Trip
Day 1 Road Pictures

Allahabad to Kanpur is a decent road with moderate amount of traffic but very unpredictable behaviour on road so you need to be careful.
The mega "Road Updates" thread-allahabadkanpurnh21.jpg
The mega "Road Updates" thread-allahabadkanpurnh23.jpg
The mega "Road Updates" thread-allahabadkanpurnh24.jpg

Kanpur to Jhansi Road is Decent too. I found less traffic as it was drizzling. Difficult to pick up speed due to slippery road. There used to be cattle straying into the middle of the road so you got to be careful.
The mega "Road Updates" thread-kanpurjhansinh86nh254.jpg
The mega "Road Updates" thread-kanpurjhansinh86nh257.jpg
The mega "Road Updates" thread-kanpurjhansinh86nh258.jpg
The mega "Road Updates" thread-kanpurjhansinh86nh2518.jpg
The mega "Road Updates" thread-kanpurjhansinh86nh2519.jpg
The mega "Road Updates" thread-kanpurjhansinh86nh2521.jpg
The mega "Road Updates" thread-kanpurjhansinh86nh2522.jpg

As you approach Jhansi, traffic increases and the road also get's worse as you drive through the town.
The mega "Road Updates" thread-approaching-jhansinh861.jpg
The mega "Road Updates" thread-approaching-jhansinh862.jpg
The mega "Road Updates" thread-approaching-jhansinh863.jpg

There are lots of pot holes and after the cantonment, the road starts getting better till you cross the town beyond the cantonment area.
The mega "Road Updates" thread-driving-through-jhansinh861.jpg
The mega "Road Updates" thread-driving-through-jhansinh862.jpg
The mega "Road Updates" thread-driving-through-jhansinh863.jpg
The mega "Road Updates" thread-driving-through-jhansinh865.jpg
The mega "Road Updates" thread-driving-through-jhansinh867.jpg
The mega "Road Updates" thread-driving-through-jhansinh868.jpg
The mega "Road Updates" thread-driving-through-jhansinh869.jpg
The mega "Road Updates" thread-driving-through-jhansinh8610.jpg

Jhansi Sagar Road (NH 26) is a beautifully laid out road with lane markings
The mega "Road Updates" thread-jhansisagarnh262.jpg
The mega "Road Updates" thread-jhansisagarnh264.jpg
The mega "Road Updates" thread-jhansisagarnh268.jpg
The mega "Road Updates" thread-jhansisagarnh2612.jpg
The mega "Road Updates" thread-jhansisagarnh2613.jpg
The mega "Road Updates" thread-jhansisagarnh2614.jpg
The mega "Road Updates" thread-jhansisagarnh2616.jpg

Approach road to Hotel Deepali Residency is broken. Can induce doubt on whether you are on the right track. Approach road is on the right side of the highway.
The mega "Road Updates" thread-jhansisagarnh2617approach-road-hotel-deepali-residency.jpg

This is where I had the first night halt. beautiful hotel with very moderate tariff and a decent menu for dinner. No non-veg but.
The mega "Road Updates" thread-sagarnh26hotel-deepali-residency1.jpg
BlackBerry is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th January 2015, 09:42   #405
BHPian

Allahabad->Kanpur->Jhansi->Sagar->Seoni->Nagpur->Hyderabad-> Bangalore Trip
Day 2 Road Pictures (Good Roads)

Here's a set of pictures for the good roads travelled on Day 2. Morning was misty but as the day progressed, it became clearer. It was a beautiful drive on NH26 through Narshimhapur, Lakhnadon upto Seoni. Beyond Seoni it was NH6 and the road continued to be good beyond Nagpur till I hit Hinganghat.

Here's the Route I took on Day 1 of the journey.
The mega "Road Updates" thread-day-1-allahabad-sagar-via-kanpur-jhansi.jpg

Day 2 Route taken:
The mega "Road Updates" thread-day-2-sagar-hyderabad-via-seoni-nagpur-adilabad.jpg

Photos of the Road (Day 2)

The mega "Road Updates" thread-sagarlakhanadonseoninh261.jpg

The mega "Road Updates" thread-sagarlakhanadonseoninh263.jpg

The mega "Road Updates" thread-sagarlakhanadonseoninh265.jpg

The mega "Road Updates" thread-sagarlakhanadonseoninh266.jpg

The mega "Road Updates" thread-sagarlakhanadonseoninh267.jpg

The mega "Road Updates" thread-sagarlakhanadonseoninh2611.jpg

The mega "Road Updates" thread-sagarlakhanadonseoninh2616.jpg

The mega "Road Updates" thread-sagarlakhanadonseoninh2617.jpg

Before Lakhnadon, noticed sugarcane farms on both sides of the road.

The mega "Road Updates" thread-sagarlakhanadonseoninh2620.jpg

The mega "Road Updates" thread-sagarlakhanadonseoninh2621.jpg

The mega "Road Updates" thread-sagarlakhanadonseoninh2622.jpg

The mega "Road Updates" thread-sagarlakhanadonseoninh2624.jpg

The mega "Road Updates" thread-sagarlakhanadonseoninh2625.jpg

The mega "Road Updates" thread-sagarlakhanadonseoninh2628.jpg

The mega "Road Updates" thread-sagarlakhanadonseoninh2629.jpg

Reflective arrow markings were found disfigured for unknown reasons.

The mega "Road Updates" thread-sagarlakhanadonseoninh2631.jpg

The mega "Road Updates" thread-sagarlakhanadonseoninh2632.jpg

The mega "Road Updates" thread-sagarlakhanadonseoninh2634.jpg

The mega "Road Updates" thread-sagarlakhanadonseoninh2636.jpg

The mega "Road Updates" thread-sagarlakhanadonseoninh2639.jpg

The mega "Road Updates" thread-sagarlakhanadonseoninh2640.jpg

The mega "Road Updates" thread-sagarlakhanadonseoninh2641.jpg

The mega "Road Updates" thread-seoninagpurnh71.jpg

The mega "Road Updates" thread-seoninagpurnh72.jpg

The mega "Road Updates" thread-seoninagpurnh73.jpg

The mega "Road Updates" thread-seoninagpurnh74.jpg

The mega "Road Updates" thread-seoninagpurnh78.jpg