Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st January 2015, 19:59   #421
BHPian

Re: The mega "Road Updates" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseVijay View Post
Hope you enjoyed the biryani in PARADISE. Interested to know your experience with accommodation and the much famed ORR of Hyderabad (if you have used it).
Jose,

I had booked at mango but eventually did not stay there due to their casual attitude and lack of customer care. Instead we stayed in hotel 'Stay-inn' on the same road. Slightly cheaper and good behaviour and decent rooms for a night stay. Good pillows.

Hyderabad ORR is a 8-lane road 36 km long and the toll is Rs.30 for cars/jeep. Speed limit is 120 kmph. You can drive at 140-150 kmph easily. Here's a picture of the ORR on the way to Nagpur.
The mega "Road Updates" thread-dscn3288.jpg

Last edited by BlackBerry : 21st January 2015 at 20:09. Reason: corrected name of hotel
BlackBerry is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2015, 10:18   #422
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBerry View Post
1. Hinganghat stretch is about 20 km and was still in a mess as of 2nd Jan'15.
2. Hyd -> Jabalpur is about 800km +- 20km. Keep about 3 hours for the bad stretch of Pandharkawada and Hinganghat which is about 50km total. Remaining 750+ KM should take you about 10 hours with an average speed of 80KMPH. You should be able to do the entire stretch in about 13 + hours with breaks.

For me, I had maintained an average speed of 100KMPH on the good roads and it's not a big deal. I covered the good roads during evening and traffic was less but I was able to maintain 100 to 110 KMPH all through except for the bad stretch.

So if you start at 4 AM from Hyderabad, you should reach Jabalpur by 6-7 PM the same day.

Also note that the Pandharkawada stretch was being repaired when I crossed the section on 2nd Jan'15 (refer the pictures I posted of men at work filling pot holes). You may have a pleasant surprise.

When are you planning the trip?
It could be anytime this week or early next week!

Since I might have to travel at a very short notice, I wont be able to to take any other medium of transport other than driving down! I did Blr-Jbp in 2007 in my Honda city! I clearly remember this section being the worst amongst the entire stretch. Had to literally pick stones up from the road and put it in the potholes to ensure that my car can go over it! Lol!

Last edited by ssjr0498 : 22nd January 2015 at 10:36.
Old 27th January 2015, 14:13   #423
BHPian

Anyone recently done Pune Satara on NH4. How is the road condition?
Old 27th January 2015, 15:50   #424
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radnam View Post
Anyone recently done Pune Satara on NH4. How is the road condition?
I returned from Pune to Bangalore on Sunday night.

The Pune - Satara section is patchy and bumpy with at least 7-8 diversions due to the ongoing work between Pune and Satara. The diversions are well marked and can be negotiated with ease.
alokgunhal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2015, 17:32   #425
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBerry View Post
Hyderabad ORR is a 8-lane road 36 km long and the toll is Rs.30 for cars/jeep. Speed limit is 120 kmph.
Some corrections.

Hyderabad ORR is 158 kms long.

However only 75% is completed as of today. The remaining 25% may take a while because of pending court cases.

The stretch from Pedda Amberpet to Ghatkesar is actually ready (for the last four months) but is awaiting inauguration by the honorable chief minister of Telangana.

The speed limit is not 120kmph throughout the road. There are sections where the limit is 80 and 100.

Also the toll depends on the distance you travel. It is not a flat rate.

Gachibowli to Shamshabad is 20 rupees for a car.
venuvedam is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th January 2015, 07:39   #426
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venuvedam View Post
Some corrections.

Hyderabad ORR is 158 kms long.

The speed limit is not 120kmph throughout the road. There are sections where the limit is 80 and 100.

Also the toll depends on the distance you travel. It is not a flat rate.

Gachibowli to Shamshabad is 20 rupees for a car.
Something more to add to the above.

There is an exit every 10 kms. From one entry to the next exit, the toll is 10rs, which is like 1 rupee per kilometer.

I normally enter from Gachibowli and exit at Pedda Amberpet (the 6th exit from my entry) and the toll is 60rs.
JoseVijay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2015, 21:48   #427
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
Reached Hathkhamba near Ratnagiri at 00.45 after starting from Kanjur Marg post 15.30. Halted at Pali for darshan and Chiplun for dinner. Took the expressway till Khopoli, then the Khopoli Pali road and thence the NH66.

Khopoli Pali road is pathetic till the Adlabs Imagica. Then on it's absolutely good.

NH66 till Kolad is absolutely horrible. Thereafter it's smooth as butter. Looks like the widening work is destroying the existing road too.
Thanks for this, Was planning a trip, but will now use the expressway + khopoli pali road instead of the beginning segment of nh66.
Old 4th February 2015, 23:21   #428
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by latentpotential View Post
Thanks for this, Was planning a trip, but will now use the expressway + khopoli pali road instead of the beginning segment of nh66.
Please note if you take the Khalapur exit as I did, you will have to pay the toll, which is Rs. 117. Alternatively you could try the Shedung exit, join the old NH4 and proceed.
Old 9th February 2015, 17:08   #429
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
Please note if you take the Khalapur exit as I did, you will have to pay the toll, which is Rs. 117. Alternatively you could try the Shedung exit, join the old NH4 and proceed.
Thanks, for time saving and a comfort drive, Khalapur is worth it I think. If you have the time, and want a scenic drive, then Shedung.

Road update:

The Khopoli Pali road as mentioned, patch of 2 kms upto Imagica is Mars rover training area. Further on, you can average 50-60 Kmph smoothly and have a lovely scenic drive. The end of the road runs parallel to a river/ stream for more than a Km and can be a good spot for a picnic.
Old 24th March 2015, 12:27   #430
BHPian

Hello Folks, Anyone recently been to Alibaug from Mumbai? How are the road conditions? and suggested route options please...

Planning to take a drive down there this Sunday for my Son's passport renewal. Somehow, Passport department/office is of the view that Alibaug is nearer and more convenient for people living in Navi Mumbai.
Old 24th March 2015, 14:00   #431
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1lokesh View Post
Hello Folks, Anyone recently been to Alibaug from Mumbai? How are the road conditions? and suggested route options please...

Planning to take a drive down there this Sunday for my Son's passport renewal. Somehow, Passport department/office is of the view that Alibaug is nearer and more convenient for people living in Navi Mumbai.
You will have to cross vadkhal naka, which is congested, and the road ahead towards alibag is patchy for the initial 3-4 ks at least. Do not expect a highway quality tarmac after vadkhal naka.

What address has been given for this passport office?
latentpotential is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2015, 14:53   #432
BHPian

Quote:
You will have to cross vadkhal naka, which is congested, and the road ahead towards alibag is patchy for the initial 3-4 ks at least. Do not expect a highway quality tarmac after vadkhal naka.

What address has been given for this passport office?
Thanks latentpotential :-) Is that the only route?

Here is the address:
PASSPORT CAMP, OFFICE OF THE DISTRICT COLLECTOR AND MAGISTRATE, NEAR HIRAKOT LAKE, TILAK MARG, ALIBAUG, DIST. RAIGAD, PIN CODE 402201
Old 24th March 2015, 15:00   #433
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks latentpotential :-) Is that the only route?

Here is the address:
PASSPORT CAMP, OFFICE OF THE DISTRICT COLLECTOR AND MAGISTRATE, NEAR HIRAKOT LAKE, TILAK MARG, ALIBAUG, DIST. RAIGAD, PIN CODE 402201
One alternative is there: Go via SH104 - NRI Seawoods on Palm Beach road to Kharpada Toll Plaza. You will avoid Kharghar, Panvel and Karnala, but need to still cross Vadkhal.

Consider the sea route if feasible as well?
Old 24th March 2015, 15:04   #434
BHPian

Quote:
One alternative is there: Go via SH104 - NRI Seawoods on Palm Beach road to Kharpada Toll Plaza. You will avoid Kharghar, Panvel and Karnala, but need to still cross Vadkhal.

Consider the sea route if feasible as well?

Thanks.
Sea route? You mean from gateway of india?
Old 24th March 2015, 15:33   #435
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks.
Sea route? You mean from gateway of india?
http://alibagtourism.com/ferry-time-table Indeed

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks