Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st September 2011, 04:45   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Pune-Tirupati-Mysore-ooty!! what else can be done?

Yes, if you like green and jungles then Bandipur is a nice place, nearby options are Kabini river Lodges, Bandipur itself.

The jungles are huge and part of it is in KA +TN + KL. We stayed in the TN area in a place called Masinagudi in a place called Zest Casa Deep Woods.

Here is the URL of the place, look for Masinagudi. Weekend Getaway | Holiday Weekends | Holiday In Ooty | Zest weekends
Old 21st September 2011, 05:46   #17
Team-BHP Support

See first of all if you can squeeze that much time. If its raining, then not worth
tit as the safaris would have been cancelled.
Old 21st September 2011, 11:42   #18
Senior - BHPian

yeah rains play a spoilsport sometimes. well i have made booking just for tirupati.
i am left out with mysore and other places.

is it possible that i go there itself and get a decent hotel.
Old 21st September 2011, 12:16   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
Thanks a lot everyone for the valuable tips. after reading various posts and doing some calculations i am feeling a bit confident now and i have jolted down the following plan.

1. 24th sept- leave from pune, Pune-kolhapur-dharwad-hubli-davangere- TUMKUR- doddsepete-devanhalli-chintamani-madanpalle-pileru-tirupati.

Stay at Tumkur overnight and start on 25th early morning for tirupati.

2. 25th sept- stay at Bhimas Paradise and take darshan and leave for mysore on 26th as early as possible.

3. 26th and 27th spend in mysore and leave for ooty on 28th sept

4. 28th and 29th spend in ooty and see places around and 30th sept leave for pune again and try to cover co-org in the way and staty there for 1 day

yet to fix hotels in Mysore and Ooty.

Does the above plan look good to cover this places?

Also trying to figure out good fuel stations on the way.

Pune -Tumkur should be easily achievable in about 12 hours including your breaks .For this its advisable that you start very early in the morning say 3am so that you reach Tumkur by around 4pm .

Dunno about the madanapalli route ,but Tirupati can also be done via bangalore on the old madras road ( NH4) .This is slightly longer but much faster and you can easily do Tumkur-Tirupati in under 6 hours including breaks .Again ,the trick is that you start as early as possible so that you can avoid the bangalore traffic .You can bypass Bangalore and still do NH4 via Doddaballapur and Kolar.I had done this last week ( in a bus ) and the roads are awesome.Just that you have to be careful as this is one fast road with very fast corners where most HCV drivers drive pedal to metal and on racing lines.So , its always safer to be on the defensive and expect an idiot on your lane on the next blind corner !

About darshans,weekends are usually not the right time to go if you are in a hurry .Sunday darshans should take you anywhere between 4-5 hours ( on a special ticket) .The first darshan ( around 3-4 am) is usually the fastest but they have limited tickets for that

You can definitely book darshans online .You can also decide on the timeslots for the darshans.

I would suggest you plan on a Monday early morning darshan .This way you can have plenty of rest on Sunday .
speedsatya is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks