Team-BHP - Route query : Bangalore to ChamarajaNagar
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Route / Travel Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/)
-   -   Route query : Bangalore to ChamarajaNagar (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/108023-route-query-bangalore-chamarajanagar.html)

Hi,

Need to drive from Bangalore to ChamarajaNagar and return this month end(on same day). There are three routes to chose.

1. Bangalore --> Madur --> Mallavalli --> Kollegala --> Chamrajanagar
2. Bangalore --> Kanakapura --> Mallavalli --> Kollegala --> Chamrajanagar
3. Bangalore --> Madur --> Mysore --> NanjanaGud --> Chamrajanagar

Approaching Mysore road or Kanakapura road is equally easy or tough.

Would appreciate the any input/suggestion on the road conditions, which route is better. My ride is Swift.

Just take take the Kanakpura road (NH209). Its very good except for bypassing towns.
The only reason you may want to go via Maddur is if you need to have a BF at Kamat or Adigas. But do note Maddur-Malavali is not a great stretch.

Quote:

Originally Posted by manjubp (Post 2510807)
Hi,

Need to drive from Bangalore to ChamarajaNagar and return this month end(on same day). There are three routes to chose.

Would appreciate the any input/suggestion on the road conditions, which route is better. My ride is Swift.

I took Route #3 few months ago on my trip to K Gudi - Bangalore --> Madur --> Mysore --> NanjanaGud --> Chamrajanagar

This route was excellent upto Nanjangud. From there you need to take the road towards Nanjanagud temple. The stretch beyond the temple all the way upto Chamarajanagar is not like the Blr-Mysore stretch, but manageable.
I remember reading recent posts (look for Shivanasanudra/Gaganachukki related posts) that Malavalli road is also manageable since the road work is partially complete in most stretches.
Also, Kanakapura is a good option unless you are doing late evening/night drive. And options for breaks/food stops are less compared to other 2 routes so you may need to carry some food.
Approaching Mysore Road/Kanakapura road should not be difficult since we have the NICE Road option. Where do you stay in Blr and what time do you plan to start ?

Hi NPV,

Thanks for the information. I am planning to start at Morning around 6AM from Bangalore and at 3PM from chamarajanagar.

I took Route 2 to go to Bandipur. Roads are good, except for a few bad patches near the towns. but if I remember correctly, those bad patches were mostly after chamrajnagar section.
Only issue on this route is lack of places for breakfast. We started at 7 and had our breakfast at kanakapura town.
Return journey, I would suggest you start by 2pm so that you enter Bangalore city before dark. The roads are all two lane undivided and driving in night may not be a very pleasant experience.

Regards,

Travelled yesterday from Coimbatore to Hyderabad.
The roads between Hasanur-Chamrajnagar-Kollegal-Kanakpura are in excellent conditions.
Some bad stretch of 5-10kms after Kollegal town with potholes otherwise the roads are in good conditon.

Wow! This thread is dormant for 11 years!
Please help with information on the road condition between Kollegal (KA) and Anthiyur (TN) via Burgur hills. Planning to go to Burgur hills (from Bangalore) via Malavalli - Kollegal and return via Dharmapuri - Krishnagiri - Hosur.

Route query : Bangalore to ChamarajaNagar-kollegal-anthiyur.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr (Post 5299535)
Please help with information on the road condition between Kollegal (KA) and Anthiyur (TN) via Burgur hills. Planning to go to Burgur hills (from Bangalore) via Malavalli - Kollegal
Attachment 2297806

Did you take this route? How is the condition?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr (Post 5299535)
Please help with information on the road condition between Kollegal (KA) and Anthiyur (TN)

Attachment 2297806

Had done Kollegal - Hanur two weeks back. Road widening work is ongoing, however nothing to be worried about.

Quote:

Originally Posted by blorebuddy (Post 5305402)
Did you take this route? How is the condition?

Not yet, planning in a week.

Quote:

Originally Posted by manjubp (Post 2510807)
Hi,

Check "Bangalore --> Maddur(or even Kanakapura) --> Malavalli --> Tirumakudalu Narasipura(cross Mysore-Talakkad road)--> Chamrajanagar" option as well...