Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th October 2013, 23:00   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rajasthan tour - help better my itinerary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommos View Post
a. Bhilai-NH6 to Nagpur-NH69 to Betul-NH59A to Indore : Dist 714 KM
Currently, NH69 from Nagur to Betul is in terrible condition due to road widening & I do not expect it to improve. Further, the Betul-Harda-Indore road is also not in great shape.

Quote:
b. Indore-NH 79 to Ratlam-NH 927A to Banswara-SH32 to Udaipur : Dist 387 KM
Stick to Ratlam-Neemuch-Nimbahera-Chittorgarh-Udaipur. Avoid taking the "short" cuts from Neemuch/ Nimbahera towards Udaipur, they will cut "short" your car's life. The Nimbahera-Chittorgarh section is being widened, expect long traffic jams and some rough roads.
Old 29th October 2013, 11:54   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
Currently, NH69 from Nagur to Betul is in terrible condition due to road widening & I do not expect it to improve. Further, the Betul-Harda-Indore road is also not in great shape.

Stick to Ratlam-Neemuch-Nimbahera-Chittorgarh-Udaipur. Avoid taking the "short" cuts from Neemuch/ Nimbahera towards Udaipur, they will cut "short" your car's life. The Nimbahera-Chittorgarh section is being widened, expect long traffic jams and some rough roads.
Thanks HVK.

Do you suggest any other route or is there any way to avoid NH69.
The maps show an alternate route Nagpur-Amravati-Khandwa-Sanawad-Mhow/Indore, but it would be some SH and I've absolutely no idea about the road condition.

Second point is noted and accepted, but I've one question here; do I need to go to Chittorgarh or can I proceed to Udaipur directy from Nimbahera.
Old 29th October 2013, 23:48   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommos View Post
Thanks HVK.

Do you suggest any other route or is there any way to avoid NH69.
The maps show an alternate route Nagpur-Amravati-Khandwa-Sanawad-Mhow/Indore, but it would be some SH and I've absolutely no idea about the road condition.
NH69 is totally avoidable.
Alternative route is Amaravati-Achalpur-Dharni-Khandwa-Indore, which has some rough sections but mostly good except that you have to cross the Melghat WLS and has poor facilities en route.

Quote:
Second point is noted and accepted, but I've one question here; do I need to go to Chittorgarh or can I proceed to Udaipur directy from Nimbahera.
No, the Nimbahera-Mangalwada road is bad, stick to the road Nimbahera-Chittorgarh-Mangalwada-Udaipur, even though you will face traffic jams in the NImbahera-Chittorgarh sector.
hvkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2014, 11:48   #49

Thanks friends

Me too is planning to go on the same trip and following the route as suggested in the thread. Will update u of the road conditions when I am back.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks