Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2011, 15:41   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Indian Railways New VRM Ticket.

I would request fellow BHPians to raise complaints using the "Feedback" link in IRCTC site, so that hopefully they act on the privacy issue.

-Ravi
Old 7th October 2011, 16:11   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamswift View Post
Why ERS/VRM in the first place?
You have valid Id card and your name is in the list.
I really couldn't understand why ERS/VRM should be shown.
Any railways employee here to clarify?
+1. Exactly this is what my point is. I don't see any need to show ERS/VRM to validate that I have booked the ticket. As long as I have valid original ID Proof that should be fine. Thats the reason why I am telling that the Indian Raiways still hasn't got a process which is customer friendly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post
I would request fellow BHPians to raise complaints using the "Feedback" link in IRCTC site, so that hopefully they act on the privacy issue.

-Ravi
Do you really think that Indian Railways will act on the complaints/feedback raised in the site? Come on Ravi. .
Old 7th October 2011, 16:46   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshnanda View Post
Do you really think that Indian Railways will act on the complaints/feedback raised in the site? Come on Ravi. .
Completely agree Its just an attempt - atleast i have a tracking complaint number, in case if they don't use their brains to think about basic things like this. Gave a shot... lets see if I get a mango or not !

-Ravi
Old 7th October 2011, 18:50   #34
BHPian

Just saw these on IRCTC site. Very good initiative by IR. In my last travel on Rail I was thinking the same while I did ticket through NGPAY in My android cell.
This facility should also be available in Air Ticket. I had a tough time to take a print out a ticket though I made my ticket using my cell.
Old 7th October 2011, 19:46   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
I think this is why they must've started this system.

With the VRM Ticket coming into picture, the ID Proof is now a very important document to validate the VRM Ticket. And apart from the PAN card/Voter ID, generally all ID proofs have the address mentioned on them. Maybe, Railways plans to check IDs for all types of tickets and hence included the address in the e-ticket print.

Privacy issue without doubt.
Even introdution of VRM doesn't justify printing of address, due to following 2 reasons:

1. My current address is in Gurgaon (mentioned in irctc account), however all my ID proofs are issued at my hometown address. And I am sure there are numerous people with such nomad like status.

2. The address printed on ticket is the address of account holder (in this case myself). However I booked ticket for some one else (in this case my parents, who don't have any ID proof with Gurgaon address).

So there must be some very solid reason for printing address on ticket, which us lesser mortal are unable to understand .
Old 10th October 2011, 14:40   #36
Senior - BHPian

ID proof for the person's Name and age only. Railways are not bothered about the residential address. So the do accept the PAN card which has no address i it. Here the Id requirement is to cross check whether the passenger is genuine or not.
Old 26th April 2012, 21:41   #37
Senior - BHPian

I travelled from New Alipurdaur in west Bengal to Chennai Central by 12510 Guwahati - Bangalore express in 2 AC, on 24th April and reached Chennai on 26th April at 10 Am instead of 4.40 Am. To my surprise not even a single TTE, all the way from West Bengal till Chennai checked my ticket in the train. I had a VRM ticket which needs to be checked with the ID proof. In addition I am a senior citizen that too has to be checked with ID proof. I wonder what the checking people are doing all the way around roughly 2800Kms. I am happy that my berth was not allotted to some body else. I was happy at least a TTE with out uniform checked me, when I came out of the train in Chennai Central. I told him of my experience and appreciated him.
Old 27th April 2012, 09:55   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navan49 View Post
I travelled from New Alipurdaur in west Bengal to Chennai Central by 12510 Guwahati - Bangalore express in 2 AC, on 24th April and reached Chennai on 26th April at 10 Am instead of 4.40 Am. To my surprise not even a single TTE, all the way from West Bengal till Chennai checked my ticket in the train. I had a VRM ticket which needs to be checked with the ID proof. In addition I am a senior citizen that too has to be checked with ID proof. I wonder what the checking people are doing all the way around roughly 2800Kms. I am happy that my berth was not allotted to some body else. I was happy at least a TTE with out uniform checked me, when I came out of the train in Chennai Central. I told him of my experience and appreciated him.

This happened to me also few years back while traveling from Nizamuddin to Bangalore. No TTE came to check my ticket but interestingly, a ticket checker on duty at the exit gate in Bangalore railway station asked for the ticket

Same repeated while traveling from Bangalore to Kochi in Garib Rath few months back. In both cases, there were many berths empty, may be the reason TTE not bothered to check.
Old 27th April 2012, 23:03   #39
Senior - BHPian

This happens almost majority of weekends from Bangalore (Yeswantpur) to Chennai ( Yeswantpur super fast express 12691/12692 ) on every friday.

I used to tell my friends, that it is a perfect Agile scrum type train - completely self driven with no monitoring

-Ravi
ravib is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed