Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2011, 14:56   #1

Long Weekend Trip From Bangalore > Kanipakam > Tirumala > Srikalahasti > Bangalore

Dear Team-BHPians,
I am planning a long weekend trip on 08-Oct to 10-Oct to visit from Bangalore (@ A.Narayanapura)
(i) Kanipakam Temple (ii) Tirumala (iii) Alivelumangapuram (iv) Srikalahasti
I would be starting on 08-Oct early morning by 5:30AM or so and plan to reach Kanipakam by 9:00AM. From there want to be in Tirumala by 1PM max, have a room booking confirmed @ Tirumala. I have Tirumala darshan booked for 09-Oct @ 10AM, hence planning to visit Alivelumangapuram in evening after Tirumala darshan.
Overnight stay at Fortune Kences (confirmed) and early morning of 10-Oct, pay a visit to Srikalahasti temple. Then from there drive back to Bangalore.

I have read this forum again and again for info, but still confused, hence posting, request your view/suggestions on the same.

(a) To visit Kanipakam, as i understand that i need to take the Chittoor Bypass. But i have read on the forum that this stretch of the road is very bad. Is it soooo bad??? I am in love with my little bull (Ritz ZXI) which is still in its honeymoon period (completes 1 year Oct end), hence wanted any info or suggestions on road conditions. I am ok if its only 2-3 km bad stretch, i do drive slow.

(b) Any other nearby places which can be added to the above iternary considering its a trip of religious nature. But do not restrict to just temples, any suggestions are welcome

(c) I have tried searching for Reliance A1 plaza details, which i read to be enroute after Palamaner, but could not find it where it exactly is..Anyone has the Google Maps link or GPS coordinates. (BTW, planning to install MapMyIndia on mobile soon, so may be GPS coordinates might help to navigate there)

Await your timely and helpful feedback...

Ciao, Trilok...
Old 27th September 2011, 15:42   #2
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Re: Long Weekend Trip From Bangalore > Kanipakam > Tirumala > Srikalahasti > Bangalor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trilok View Post
Dear Team-BHPians,
I am planning a long weekend trip on 08-Oct to 10-Oct to visit from Bangalore (@ A.Narayanapura)
(i) Kanipakam Temple (ii) Tirumala (iii) Alivelumangapuram (iv) Srikalahasti
I would be starting on 08-Oct early morning by 5:30AM or so and plan to reach Kanipakam by 9:00AM. From there want to be in Tirumala by 1PM max, have a room booking confirmed @ Tirumala. I have Tirumala darshan booked for 09-Oct @ 10AM, hence planning to visit Alivelumangapuram in evening after Tirumala darshan.
Overnight stay at Fortune Kences (confirmed) and early morning of 10-Oct, pay a visit to Srikalahasti temple. Then from there drive back to Bangalore.

I have read this forum again and again for info, but still confused, hence posting, request your view/suggestions on the same.

(a) To visit Kanipakam, as i understand that i need to take the Chittoor Bypass. But i have read on the forum that this stretch of the road is very bad. Is it soooo bad??? I am in love with my little bull (Ritz ZXI) which is still in its honeymoon period (completes 1 year Oct end), hence wanted any info or suggestions on road conditions. I am ok if its only 2-3 km bad stretch, i do drive slow.

(b) Any other nearby places which can be added to the above iternary considering its a trip of religious nature. But do not restrict to just temples, any suggestions are welcome

(c) I have tried searching for Reliance A1 plaza details, which i read to be enroute after Palamaner, but could not find it where it exactly is..Anyone has the Google Maps link or GPS coordinates. (BTW, planning to install MapMyIndia on mobile soon, so may be GPS coordinates might help to navigate there)

Await your timely and helpful feedback...

Ciao, Trilok...
You do not need GPS coordinates for reliance plaza. it is on the main road immediately after bangarupalyam town. Bangalore-kolar-mulbagal-palamaner-bangarupalyam-chittor-tpt

You can goto kanipakam form bangaruplayam itself and then from there go to tpt via putalapattu. no need to go via chittoor

or

palamaner- bangarupalem-chittor bypass junction turn left-kanipakam-putalapattu-tpt

check google maps.

road condition was ok long back( 5 years back)

i do not know present road condition between bypass junction-kanipakam-putalapattu junction. It should be ok considering the importance gained by kanipakam temple in the last 5 years.

better to go via bypass junction

But you opt for the first it will go through aragonda village (apollo hospital pratap reddy native village) there is a Apollo hospital there. there is a hanuman temple . locals believe a piece of sanjivini fell there and a small lake formed when hanuman was carrying it to lanka. the water in the pond was supposed to have healing powers. Hence the name Aragonda( half hill or some thing like that in telugu)
rkg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2011, 16:10   #3
BHPian

Re: Long Weekend Trip From Bangalore > Kanipakam > Tirumala > Srikalahasti > Bangalor

The Chittoor bypass is bad for the first few kms, but it is fine after that. It is the shortest route to Kanipakam from Bangalore. However, if you have a problem using the bypass, you can continue on the same route through Chittoor town and after a few kilometers after Chittoor, there is a direct route to Kanipakam on the left. There is a clear board and the board says Kanipakam is around 6 kms from that point. I haven't taken this route, so don't know how the route is.
Old 27th September 2011, 16:12   #4
Senior - BHPian

I guess the route already recommended would be good, we went few years ago via Old Madras Road and in between there is a turn for going to Tirupathi. More than route recommendation i have a question.

Have tried to book tickets from their web site but there isn't any available for next few months. My BIL will go their counter in Malleshwaram today and check out. The question is if i go there without buying tickets from bangalore what are the chances of getting one in Tirupathi itself for next day? Is it possible or is it too crowded hence not recommended to go there and try getting tickets there itself?
Old 27th September 2011, 17:42   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 View Post
I guess the route already recommended would be good, we went few years ago via Old Madras Road and in between there is a turn for going to Tirupathi. More than route recommendation i have a question.

Have tried to book tickets from their web site but there isn't any available for next few months. My BIL will go their counter in Malleshwaram today and check out. The question is if i go there without buying tickets from bangalore what are the chances of getting one in Tirupathi itself for next day? Is it possible or is it too crowded hence not recommended to go there and try getting tickets there itself?
Dont they have that Sheeghra darshan tickets now ? i went last year through that ticket. no advance booking, just take the ticket and join the queue somewhere where the free darshan people join in.

I stayed on top of the hill overnight and next morning went before counters opened(opens at 8AM i guess) so had to wait in a queue for 15-20 mins . but once coutner opened it was a breeze and i had darshan and came out in less than 30-40 min.
Old 27th September 2011, 17:52   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
Dont they have that Sheeghra darshan tickets now ? i went last year through that ticket. no advance booking, just take the ticket and join the queue somewhere where the free darshan people join in.

I stayed on top of the hill overnight and next morning went before counters opened(opens at 8AM i guess) so had to wait in a queue for 15-20 mins . but once coutner opened it was a breeze and i had darshan and came out in less than 30-40 min.
We had stayed there for 2 nights as well sometime in May 2011. However, I noticed that the crowd will be less 10PM onwards and If I remember correctly, it was on a Friday night when we were strolling on the streets having a look around the temple where I noticed that there was absolutely nobody at the counter (Rs 300) and that I heard people finishing their darshan within 20 mins. We wanted to take advantage of this but somehow couldn't do it.
Old 27th September 2011, 20:38   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkg View Post
You do not need GPS coordinates for reliance plaza. it is on the main road immediately after bangarupalyam town.
==========
arrying it to lanka. the water in the pond was supposed to have healing powers. Hence the name Aragonda( half hill or some thing like that in telugu)
Thanks RKG for the suggestion. Definitely would consider including Arakonda in my iternary (gotta put my R&D cap on and checkout the route in Google Maps).

Quote:

Dear MayankJha1806,
As mentioned by other BHPians, Sheegradarshan (Rs 300 / head) ticket is the best bet for you. It doesnot need any reservation, just join the queue, buy the ticket (which btw also entitles you to 1-2 free Tirupati Laddus ). Try to be early so that you can avoid crowds joining later.

Duration wise, it might take may be 45mins to 1 hour extra compared to the usual Rs 50 sudarshan ticket darshan. As you are going tomorrow, it should be OK, but during weekends and festivals time, the Sheegradarshan might take more time compared to Sudarshan ticket darshan.

Last edited by Jaggu : 27th September 2011 at 21:06. Reason: Back to back posts, please use Multi Quote (Quote +) instead. Thanks
Old 27th September 2011, 21:30   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
Quote:
Dear MayankJha1806,
As mentioned by other BHPians, Sheegradarshan (Rs 300 / head) ticket is the best bet for you. It doesnot need any reservation, just join the queue, buy the ticket (which btw also entitles you to 1-2 free Tirupati Laddus ). Try to be early so that you can avoid crowds joining later.

As you are going tomorrow, it should be OK, but during weekends and festivals time, the Sheegradarshan might take more time compared to Sudarshan ticket darshan.
Thanks a lot for inputs, i am planning to go next Friday (i.e. 07th October, which is next day of Dusshera). Do you guys see any problem. The current plan is to leave on Thursday evening stay someplace in the night and try to get into the queue early morning Friday.
Old 27th September 2011, 21:41   #9

Quote:
Thanks a lot for inputs, i am planning to go next Friday (i.e. 07th October, which is next day of Dusshera). Do you guys see any problem. The current plan is to leave on Thursday evening stay someplace in the night and try to get into the queue early morning Friday.
Considering the Dusshara School holidays have already started and schools reopen on 10-Oct, my bet would be that 8/9-Oct being last weekend and with festival on Thursday, people would take a long off with friday included - Hence do expect more than the usual crowds....also, possibly festival rush would still persist on friday...
Old 27th September 2011, 22:07   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Dear Team-BHPians,

Ciao, Trilok...
In addition to Tirumala, Sri Kalahasti, Kanipakam and Tiruchanoor (Alivelu Mangapuram) you can go to
1. Talakona - Excellent waterfalls and excellent for trekking
2. Yerpedu Ashram - Very calm and nice place
3. Srinivasa Mangapuram - A very good Venkateshwara temple - According to legend, Lord stayed here after marriage before going to Tirumala.
4. Chandragiri fort - Do not miss the sound and light show. It is wonderful. Amitabh's voice in English.
5. Narayanavanam: Place where Lord got married to Godess Padmavati. In addition to temples, it is also famous for Handloom.

In addition to this there are multiple temples. But I would recommend these 5 places.

If you have time you can also visit Pulicat lake which is about 100 kms from Sri Kalahasti.
himavanth_m is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks