Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th October 2011, 08:31   #16
BHPian

Re: Bypass Mysore during Dusserra

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
Usually temple opens for darshan at 7:30AM. I don't think it will be different on 6th. But please confirm by calling the temple office.
I am Worried about the crowd in the temple tommorow, So i thought i will start at 2 and catch the Dharshan queue as early as possible.
Old 5th October 2011, 13:35   #17
BHPian

We are also driving to Wayanad tomorrow morning (6th). Regular Mysore road is absolutely ruled out. Any idea how the NICE Mysore road is? Is it even complete?
Old 5th October 2011, 14:45   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by guha_2001 View Post
We are also driving to Wayanad tomorrow morning (6th). Regular Mysore road is absolutely ruled out. Any idea how the NICE Mysore road is? Is it even complete?
Go via Kanakapura-Malavalli-Kollegal-Chamarajnagar-Gundlupet. The NICE road to Mysore is nowhere near completion.
kala is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2015, 13:37   #19
BHPian

Bumping an old thread as I need some quick advise.

My Wife and kid(3 year old) are planning to travel by bus to Mysore tomorrow to attend a function. Since its the Dussehra week, I am worried that it will be too much traffic and not easy to go by buses as they will be very rush and she also plans to come back on Saturday which is again next day to Dussehra. I am insisting her to drop the plan as the kid becomes too cranky in long bus rides.

Has anyone travelled by bus to Mysore during Dussehra? How much time does it take?
Old 21st October 2015, 14:11   #20
BHPian

Unless you have a ticket booked please do not attempt this , its going to be hell with packed bus'es and trains

Last edited by Fortuner71 : 21st October 2015 at 14:13.
Fortuner71 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2015, 14:19   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Avoid if you can. Else you will be stuck in packed busses, crowded streets(even foot paths). The sweltering heat will just add to your woes.

If it is a must to attend the function, go by car. Leave bangalore @4AM and leave mysore after 11PM. And in the middle do not venture out of the place of function!
sagarpadaki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2015, 15:09   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fortuner71 View Post
Unless you have a ticket booked please do not attempt this , its going to be hell with packed bus'es and trains
Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Avoid if you can. Else you will be stuck in packed busses, crowded streets(even foot paths). The sweltering heat will just add to your woes.

If it is a must to attend the function, go by car. Leave bangalore @4AM and leave mysore after 11PM. And in the middle do not venture out of the place of function!
Thanks Both for the very quick reply, I will advise wife accordingly. Unfortunately I cannot go, else I would have driven.
Old 21st October 2015, 15:10   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthikd21 View Post
Bumping an old thread as I need some quick advise.
You have both pros and cons if you visit during this time, pros is that, you get to witness one of the most iconic processions and celebrations in India. All most all roads lighted up in different colors, once in a life time experience.
Cons, are as mentioned by all others, if I was you, I'd have definitely dropped the plan of travelling in public bus, getting a ticket reserved is one herculean task and managing your family in that crowd is another task.

By the way, we did visit Mysore a couple of years back during Dussehra, but we were on a bike trip to Coorg and planned to visit Mysore while return, also we had a rider who was a native of Mysore and he knew all the nooks and corners of the city and he guided us through the short cuts available, so we did not witness much of the traffic blocks.

I'd suggest you book a taxi or go by your own vehicle and if you have any native friend or a relative in Mysore to help you guide, then you may consider it, but a big no in public transport.
Full_Minchingu is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks